Review Cats down Bombers by 28 points - Tomma has 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying he should be dropped, but I think should be running more midfielders through there. Atkins is an important role player, but I don’t think we have adequately replaced Selwood as a ball winner.
................ duh how can we? I am not trying to be an arse but we have to recognise and applaud what we have.

Atkins is an ultimate role player, and we have a few of them

Good solid win but worried about a few of the boys.. looking like a few niggles are being carried. Don't need injuries right now when trying to recover from our shit start to the year

We were a little disorganised defensively but I feel like it’s nothing we can’t rectify. Once Stanley returns it will allow SDK to drop back there, giving us more structure behind the ball and probably preventing 3-4 of those Joe the Gooses the Bombers kicked today. Ratugolea having his quietest game of the year by far didn’t help either.

Was surprised to see Danger only had 28 touches. Could have sworn he polled 35+ given his overall impact today and the fact he chalked up 15 inside 50s. I think Holmes deserves some credit for his efforts in the middle today too, ditto Atkins who’s easily become one of our most reliable players in terms of the tackling pressure and intensity he brings every week.

Forward line was brilliant yet again, we’re blessed having Hawkins and Cameron in the same side. Simpson looks like he really belongs in the 22 as well and Henry’s footy nous is impressive for a third-year players.

I think some people are being a little harsh on Knevitt. Whilst he didn’t really get much of the ball and faded after half time, he had some good moments in the first half and looked clean in tight situations. As things stand now, I can’t see the MC ultimately persisting with him once things clear up on the injury front, but there’s at least a few positives to take away.

................ duh how can we? I am not trying to be an arse but we have to recognise and applaud what we have.

Atkins is an ultimate role player, and we have a few of them

Yeh, I think I underestimated the loss of Selwood, the midfielder. Not the captain and leader…we all knew that was a problem.

But the 34yo midfielder who could still win a big clearance when we needed one, I probably underestimated how good he was still going as pure midfielder.

Thought he was great today, took some strong marks and showed heaps of composure in traffic. Bizarre because he looks totally lost in the VFL.

Started to show a few signs as to why Wells wanted him. As others have said, he will be a slow burn before we see the finished product. But there’s certainly something to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs does the media and commontators ever discuss our injuries? Tuohy, Henry and De koning not playing back there. Stanley, Stengle and Guthrie also missing. last week we heard of Sydneys missing defenders every 5 mins. Excellent performance considering the outs.
Doesn't support the narrative, not a good story to spin. So they say nothing

How can anyone say that wasn't a dominant performance?

It wasn't a four quarter performance, and it didn't need to be.

We put the foot down 100% for 2 quarters and 50% for 2 quarters and s**t it in.

If Bowes wasn't injured you would put it down as a great match, because we won, got a percentage bump, no major injuries, the Bowes minor injury is the only negative, and the players cruised to the finish line.

At this stage of the season, you want wins, you don't want injuries, and you don't want games to be a slog. Saints and Pies the last few weeks have been in slogs. That catches up as the season goes on.
And on that note Blitz will need a break mid season. Maybe he will ping something when RS is back?

As I said before the game, there's some areas this club could improve on in terms of communication, but then there's other areas where they continue to get it right

Not sure if I'm alone, but I was a little curious why more than a few guys seemed to have the same goal celebration - it was for young Henry, who the club plaid tribute to before the match & the players wore black armbands in memory of

Ffs does the media and commontators ever discuss our injuries? Tuohy, Henry and De koning not playing back there. Stanley, Stengle and Guthrie also missing. last week we heard of Sydneys missing defenders every 5 mins. Excellent performance considering the outs.
No they are working off talking points. Like all of the media. Whatever they think sells/clicks but not necessarily what is actually happening

Knevitt is going to furnish into a lovely player. He has some serious flaws, but just look at what Geelong has been able to do with Zac Guthrie. They will be ironed out.

He is going to really stretch teams with his height.

Look for him to play a lot more games than we (supporters) probably want him to over next 12 months.

Scott will love this kid.
Excellent use of “furnish” young man. 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back