Autopsy Cats lose 4th straight to GWS by 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Geelong supporters can be at all confident we will beat any team in the competition, but we are lucky to be getting a Richmond team decimated by injuries. We will probably lose the midfield battle but Richmond will struggle to kick a winning score with their reserves forward line.
Tigs and NM are two teams in Geelong you could put sizable money on us.
This is the biggest test Chris Scott has ever had as a coach, he is now in control of an ordinary team on the verge of complete collapse. Will he take up the challenge or will he high tail it out of there? My bet is the latter!
He has a contract until end of 2026.

First half of that is hyperbole as well IMO.

Id drop Ollie Henry this week for Mannagh , id go the complete Mosquito fleet , have 4 of them like other teams have in the past and with plenty of success

The only time Geel looked like scoring yesterday was when Stengle and Close were in the frame

O Henry- the plusses , he does try very hard , but if you are on 500-600k a year then you should try hard . He does show great courage , last week against the Suns he went back with the flight of the ball , could have got seriously hurt , but that bit of play allowed Neale to kick a goal , so you cant question his courage

I think he is a limited player ( and ive said that all along ) hes got no real turn of foot and lacks agility , you could not play him on a hbf or CHB or FB , he is just too slow

When Geel are playing champagne football and Cameron and Hawkins are starring , O Henry can be an asset , he can kick his 2-3 goals , he is cream on top of the cake type player

However when Geel are an ordinary , battling , average team , guess what O Henry is an ordinary battling average football , yeah sure he will take his speccy every now again to get some excited , too excited when rating a player

In S Mannagh Out O Henry , omitted
But Mosquito relies on some talls bringing the ball to the ground and with only Hawkins and maybe Neale it ain't gonna happen.

It doesn’t work because none of our three can stand under a high ball. It’s not that three talls can’t work.

Yep, I haven't seen a lot, but what I have seen largely involved blind bombs into a disorganised forward line that doesn't have a single player who can take a high mark.

Ollie Henry is 13th in the Coleman. He ain’t getting dropped.

People calling for Ollie Henry to get dropped ahead of Duncan. That’s hilarious.

We need to find the spark that’s gets us back to moving the ball quickly and giving our small forwards a chance to “swarm”.

Duncan is not the solution to that problem. In fact he’s part of the problem. Blokes like Ollie Henry, as well as Close Miers and Stengle, are the beneficiaries of fast and precise ball movement. Sides are slowing us down when we try to come out of defence and that’s killing us. By the time we’re looking inside 50, the opposition have got numbers back - our big blokes are double teamed - there’s no space to lead - and our small forwards are working in heavy traffic.

Lots of focus on our midfield - but look down back. That’s causing us major problems.

Duncan himself was saying on radio that his role is a “connector” from defence to attack. Opposition coaches are onto it and they’re shutting him down, as well as sitting a bloke with leg speed off his shoulder to burn him on rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the biggest test Chris Scott has ever had as a coach, he is now in control of an ordinary team on the verge of complete collapse. Will he take up the challenge or will he high tail it out of there? My bet is the latter!
Do you get sick of always posting like we're in the midst of a catastrophe?

Contracts mean nothing in AFL football, i see Scott coaching Richmond, St.Kilda or even a return to Brisbane before too long.
kid in school. Wife runs a business in Geelong.
Seem like a settled family not soon to uproot.

kid in school. Wife runs a business in Geelong.
Seem like a settled family not soon to uproot.

Am I imagining things or has Scott also previously spoken about how he doesn’t see himself as a career coach?

I know he’s obviously coached the most games for Geelong and some could argue he is venturing into that career coach territory, but I wouldn’t be surprised if when he decides that his time at Geelong is up so is his coaching career, and he then moves into the next phase of his life - whether footy related or not

There’s just something where I don’t exactly see him taking up a gig as a senior coach at a different team

I have to admit those odds for Richmond, $10.50, are very tempting. They really pushed Essendon yesterday and Essendon would start favourite right now against Geelong even at GMHBA. You can't go wrong. If Geelong wins I'm happy, if Geelong loses I'm unhappy but receive some nice compensation. 😀
Essendon would not start fav against Geelong at GMHBA right now. We were $1.40 against GWS on the weekend.

Please go ahead and lose your money next weekend, I will not be unhappy 😀)

Do you think we can blame Holmes for our current losing streak - we go 7-0 without a player reaching 30+ disposals, and then against Melbourne & subsequent weeks this happens… 😉

1716722737367.png

And yes this is a total pisstake

I have to admit those odds for Richmond, $10.50, are very tempting. They really pushed Essendon yesterday and Essendon would start favourite right now against Geelong even at GMHBA. You can't go wrong. If Geelong wins I'm happy, if Geelong loses I'm unhappy but receive some nice compensation. 😀

I get it, but I wouldn’t touch anything under $50 for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracts mean nothing in AFL football, i see Scott coaching Richmond, St.Kilda or even a return to Brisbane before too long.

Yes...yes...when Geelong go through a bad run you waltz in here with your negative prognostications and scurry out until the oppotunty arises again.

Your reputation precedes you.

Yes...yes...when Geelong go through a bad run you waltz in here with your negative prognostications and scurry out until the oppotunty arises again.

Your reputation precedes you.
I don't care about reputations. The team has been living on borrowed time for years, it was a great effort in 2022 and they defied the odds, but this time they are gone. The era is over, all good things come to an end and it's been an amazing ride, but we're all in for a number of years of hurt.

I don't care about reputations. The team has been living on borrowed time for years, it was a great effort in 2022 and they defied the odds, but this time they are gone. The era is over, all good things come to an end and it's been an amazing ride, but we're all in for a number of years of hurt.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

And you are to be complimented Flash Jack - because i do read the main board , and preseason of the 2022 year there was a thread title on the main board , who will win the premiership in Season 2022 . And there were about 1000 posts in the thread , and they reviewed at the the end of the season , and there was only 1 single post saying Geelong will win the 2022 Premiership , and that was your good self , and that was a very bold call ( but 1000% accurate) considering the Cats got utterly demolished in the 21PF

And from memory you said Melb would lose their hunger in 22 , you were spot on their

But mate can you do us a favour and copy what you posted word for word why the Cats would win the 22 flag - and post it in this thread because it would make fascinating reading

And you are to be complimented Flash Jack - because i do read the main board , and preseason of the 2022 year there was a thread title on the main board , who will win the premiership in Season 2022 . And there were about 1000 posts in the thread , and they reviewed at the the end of the season , and there was only 1 single post saying Geelong will win the 2022 Premiership , and that was your good self , and that was a very bold call ( but 1000% accurate) considering the Cats got utterly demolished in the 21PF

And from memory you said Melb would lose their hunger in 22 , you were spot on their

But mate can you do us a favour and copy what you posted word for word why the Cats would win the 22 flag - and post it in this thread because it would make fascinating reading
Can he also add all of his posts in the 'Is Geelong's era of dominance over?' thread while he's at it?

Some absolutely crackers in there. We would've rebuilt on about 6 seperate occasions if it was up to him.

Can he also add all of his posts in the 'Is Geelong's era of dominance over?' thread while he's at it?

Some absolutely crackers in there. We would've rebuilt on about 6 seperate occasions if it was up to him.
Possibly - but he got the big one right - a Geelong Premiership - and considering what happened in the 21 PF - it was an outstanding selection

Who would have thought Brad Scott would have Essendon better placed than Chris Scott's Geelong at the half way point in the season. Essendon obviously has a better midfield. But right now the Dons backline is preforming better and they shade our dysfunctional forward line. I wonder how much advice Brad Scott has received from his brother. I would imagine they bounce ideas off each other.

Think we've reached the point where we're fodder in 2024.
The midfield tries hard but is below the level required.

Time to try something different.

Mannagh, Hardie, COS, Knevitt in.
Dempsey (managed), Atkins, J.Henry, Neale out.
Lost at the selection table - again.

what am i missing with Knevitt?
For the few games he played last year he looked the goods. Surely hes worth a try.
Bowes as the Sub was Dumb. If they want to rest players should have been Dempsey instead of Parfitt.
Oh and why draft a ready to go 26 year old if we wont play him ffs

McInerney played his entire first year on the Brisbane list in the NEAFL. In his first 2 seasons of AFL he was playing as number 2 ruck behind Stefan Martin. He was recruited in 2016 as a 22 year old and didn't play as the number 1 ruck until 2020.

Jack Hayes is a 194cm key forward who had a total of 13 hitouts in his 5 games before the knee injury.

This perfectly demonstrates my point. An Oscar McInerney is the best we could hope for and he took 4 years to be ready as a number 1 ruck.

With Conway and Edwards I'm not sure getting Pike who's what 19 is the best option. I'd look at someone like Moyle who is more ready to go but could still develop into a gun.

On the bolded yes i would love moyle because i think hes ready.
But i wouldnt let that stop us chasing a youmg ruck. Stanley and blitz are nearly done, because a lot of u18 rucks need 3-4 years to be ready if you take pike now hes ready as a production line behind toby when toby is 25-6.
Due to edwards injuries while i like him i would want more insurance than that.

I also believe ruck is a position where its better to have too many options than too few. You can always trade one for decent value if you have too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back