Autopsy Cats lose their way in 18 points loss to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

From 2007 to 2022,
Our record the week after playing in Perth was 21 wins 0 losses.

Also,
No team has won the flag from 4th under the current finals system.
We've never beaten Sydney in a final in NSW.
We've never beaten Port in a final in SA.

Not saying we can't win the flag but we're definitely up against it now, and we'll have to do it the hard way.
Time for a change then

From 2007 to 2022,
Our record the week after playing in Perth was 21 wins 0 losses.

Also,
No team has won the flag from 4th under the current finals system.
We've never beaten Sydney in a final in NSW.
We've never beaten Port in a final in SA.

Not saying we can't win the flag but we're definitely up against it now, and we'll have to do it the hard way.
Every day is a day closer to each of those "hoodoos" being broken.

Had a day off BF to calm down abit , but dissapointed in the manner of the loss with hopefully better form next week

Still the kids gets final exposure which is the main thing and who knows what will happen with the year it has been ā€¦I wouldnā€™t be putting any money on it being a successful final series if I was being honest

If the Cats had dispatched the Saints with some ruthless efficiency, I would have thought we were a chance for the flag. But the way they capitulated in the second half has me thinking we'll be out in straight sets.
such is this season

Iā€™m almost done with Rohan and Henry.

Could 2E play a third leading forward?
we need some elite forward entries, every quarter
Duncan, CGuthrie, Smith sufficed in previous years; we are bereft of that supply now.

Carlton about to record a win against the odds at Optus Stadium. They have 6 to 8 of their best out injured including Charlie Curnow and Harry Mckay. They will play St Kilda at Marvel stadium next week and I expect Carlton to do whatever it takes to get over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to see. can't stand them; hope they are utterly flat for next week
We struggle to put teams away this year but if West Coast can outdo themselves and serve up their worst performance of the year, PERHAPS we can bury them by 20 goals. But we seriously need them to roll over even worse than today.

Iā€™m almost done with Rohan and Henry.

Could 2E play a third leading forward?
Yes, I can see bombing the ball to Tuohy against two tall defenders really turning this ship around.

We beat Eagles and we lock in top 4, nice and simple. Considering how topsy-turvy this season has been for just about every team we've done well enough to be in a position where we can lock away a double chance without relying on any other results. If you offered that to any team at the start of the season they'd bite your hand off - just get it done now.

Carlton about to record a win against the odds at Optus Stadium. They have 6 to 8 of their best out injured including Charlie Curnow and Harry Mckay. They will play St Kilda at Marvel stadium next week and I expect Carlton to do whatever it takes to get over the line.

They will lose to the saints unless curnow plays (hence i expect them to jab him up and play him).

Yes, I can see bombing the ball to Tuohy against two tall defenders really turning this ship around.

Weā€™re desperate as thereā€™s no point watching Rohan get 3 kicks and Henryā€™s opponent making it 15 times in a game.

2E doesnā€™t currently have a role. He might make a decent lead, or at least compete against his direct opponent.

The cupboard is bare in VFL to replace Henry and Rohan. Foster? Willis?

Weā€™re desperate as thereā€™s no point watching Rohan get 3 kicks and Henryā€™s opponent making it 15 times in a game.

2E doesnā€™t currently have a role. He might make a decent lead, or at least compete against his direct opponent.

What? Those kids wont play this year.

In the event we dropped both rohan and henry (unlikely) we would just play cameron, neale,the 4smalls plus dempsey as a roaming hybrid. We dont need an extra '3rd tall'. We would be better off with an extra mid instead.

Henry isnā€™t getting dropped. They should stop bombing it on his head though.

Most likely to trip upā€¦ as we did?

Henry isnā€™t getting dropped. They should stop bombing it on his head though.
Unfortunately you are right.
We havenā€™t really got a replacement.
Hereā€™s a thought šŸ’­
Maybe he could find some space as an option.
Or he could outmuscle outmanoeuvre are another 2?
He seems to like taking speckies. Maybe he could take a few?
Either way heā€™s gotta find something to give me a little hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose their way in 18 points loss to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back