Autopsy Cats lose to Demons by 8 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We looked tired..
6 day break v 10 and to be honest we were due a poor showing after being physically and emotionally up after last weeks result
Nice to get back to KP next week

That was actually Melbourne's 3rd game in 23 days - they had the bye a fortnight ago too. Tonight was our 4th game in 20 days.

And whatever jezza was on tonight - sheesh. Still, he hasn’t put a foot wrong this year before tonight. Everyone had skill issues and decision making issues tonight. Maybe the dees were just that bit fresher. We will get them next time. And well done to Stengle for trying hard and keeping his head amidst the chaos.

Very disappointing. Reckon most of the team will be filthy with that. At half time we had majority of the team in the 50’s for disposal efficiency. Miers is so important for us, he was at 50 but got going in the 3rd and turned our fortunes around. So many uncharacteristic bad performances. Jez 0.3 at 47%. Hawkins a no show. Tanner injured and stewy either injured or not ready. Just a forgettable game. Move on and do better next week.

May 13 marks, Lever 8, Petty 9. Hawkins tried but can't go with them and Cameron is never down there to help him. Cameron would want to forget that game. Shanking 2 easy set shots just a small sample of his night. Blicavs another poor game, Duncan a shocker in terms of disposal, the set shot in the last quarter was embarrassing. Holmes was awesome, Ollie Dempsey was good, Stengle good, Cuthrie very good. Jack Henry has taken over from Kolodjashnij in the clown stakes.

Harsh; I thought Jack Henry played maybe his best game of the year despite having his hands full.
**** me were we watching different games then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chalk and cheese compared to last game. We played some breathtaking football against Carlton with the way we moved the ball. We did move the ball well at times tonight but often that final entry inside 50 was off. Duncan was a big culprit, from someone who is usually elite at that aspect. It was very costly.

Certainly missed Danger…

To join in the errant kicking crew?

We won some tough games earlier this season without him, and we had enough leaders on the field to be able to stand up but too often we were let down by our experienced guys

Bound to have a drop off at one stage. What Jezza giveth one week, he takes away the next.

The Jack Henry effect in full flight tonight, turns Petty into prime Carey, then duffs it and Fritsch gets the sealer.

Thought Stengle, Zach Guthrie, Atkins and Clark all showed plenty tonight, Ollie was ok, SDK looks to be getting more involved.

Duncan and Jack Henry were very, very, very poor, and Hawk needs a break, or a run in the twos, he’s miles from it at the moment.
Well said. J Henry, Cameron, Hawkins and Duncan would struggle in the seconds with how they played tonight. Way, way, way off AFL standard.

I think it’s a good example of where the league is at. Pretty ordinary level across the board currently, which means if we can keep it together for the year we can have a genuine crack at the end of the year. Putting the many errors aside, lost a few other key moments that may be able to be reviewed & corrected. Very frustrating to see them being able to still get an effective disposal out of some tackles, and us allowing so many contested marks.

The hungrier team won. They were more desperate. It wasn’t a must win game.
Can’t win every game. A poor game was on the cards after last week.

Melbourne’s gameplan is defensive shit. Just flood every player behind the ball. Awful to watch. Horrible and I really hope that style doesn’t take out this years premiership.

Positive is we cannot possibly play any worse than that and only lost by 9.

Gawn played one qrt let’s settle down a little. Was very quiet for first 3. Three of their last goals are contenders for goal of the week.

Tall fwds had a dirty dirty night. Henry kicked 3 but some of his efforts were horrible. Makes my blood boil when opposition defenders mark the ball with our small fwds. Criminal. Backline was ok but some really bad turnovers. Jack beaten for the first time all year. Can’t hang him for that Kolo did a good job. Sammy was ok but he’s plateaued big time. ZGuthrie and Maxy were enormous. Stewert did well considering his man had no interest in the ball.

Mids did a decent enough job against the apparent big 4. Clark best game I’ve seen. Bowes was good. Blitz was good.

Wish the finals were now as our older players are falling off quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back