Autopsy Cats lose to Demons by 8 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dirty night but it happens. We were cherry ripe for a loss after such a great start to the season. It doesn’t hurt to drop a game or two around now and learn a few things. We still could have pinched the win despite everything. Lots of missed shots for both teams but a fair few of them were low percentage shots owing to the parts of the ground to which they were taken.
Good to see Holmes getting quite a bit of it, and another really solid effort from Guthrie Jr.
I thought the main issue was we broke down a lot at half forward which allowed Melbourne to open us up on transition.
Regroup for Ports next week.

Stanley was putrid... Forward line got murdered, disposal was absolute s**t
If I was going to heap any blame on anyone it’ll be the forward line and Jezza in particular…all passengers tonight

Regroup and move on and hopefully more than a few are rested after the Port game because they bloody look like they need it

If everyone cracked in like Tom Atkins we might’ve come away with something. Jezza kicks those two we win. Not that we deserved to. CS will learn plenty from this so all is not lost. Shan’t be watching the Replay this much I know. Onto Poort.

100% agree. IMO, he was one of the reasons we got back in front after Melbourne got the first 2 of the last quarter. Some of his contested efforts were enormous.

Hmmm …

Searching for positives with that one …
  • to play that badly against quality opposition and be in a position to win at the end, a consolation (of sorts)
  • Holmes, Stengle and Zurhrie in great form. (Would have been very horrible night without)
  • Ollie Henry’s goal kicking.
  • young mids gave their all. Some nice moments by Clark, including the goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn played one qrt let’s settle down a little. Was very quiet for first 3. Three of their last goals are contenders for goal of the week.

Tall fwds had a dirty dirty night. Henry kicked 3 but some of his efforts were horrible. Makes my blood boil when opposition defenders mark the ball with our small fwds. Criminal. Backline was ok but some really bad turnovers. Jack beaten for the first time all year. Can’t hang him for that Kolo did a good job. Sammy was ok but he’s plateaued big time. ZGuthrie and Maxy were enormous. Stewert did well considering his man had no interest in the ball.

Mids did a decent enough job against the apparent big 4. Clark best game I’ve seen. Bowes was good. Blitz was good.

Wish the finals were now as our older players are falling off quick.
Agree with all you said except about Blicavs. He had another really poor game. 12 disposals, 1 mark and about 5 dropped marks. He is having a poor year. He seems to have slowed down physically and decision making.

Couldn’t imagine a game where we play worse. Has Cameron played a worse game than tonight? Those kicks for goal were shocking and he was fumbled like crazy, nice laser to Close but that’s about it.
Stewart also played like a man coming off concussion. Cam Guthrie with the second game blues. Jack Henry was off.

Melbourne had a full strength side and dominant performances from May and Lever, Petty clunking everything, Oliver with 31, Gawn kicking them from 60m and Fritch dribbles from the boundary, and yet they can only win by 8points.

They aren’t winning anything this year. We’ll be right, sometimes a loss is good can’t see us playing that badly again.

Felt like Clark took a big step forward tonight, he’s threatening a breakout game.

Holmes has been brilliant this season.

Bowes is stepping up big time.

Zuthrie is an absolute gun.

Love when the ball is in the hands of Miers and Dempsey, you just know it’s going to end well.

Stengle is class and Ollie Henry is our most reliable forward.

Cats will learn from this and be better. Port will be a challenge but we’ll beat them at home

Stanley was ok I thought against a genuinely great opponent.
Same. Not great.
But did well to nullify Gawn to atleast not being dominant.

Gawn has one of his BOG nights and we lose that easily.

If Jack Henry isn’t careful he’ll be our Thanasis Antetokounmpo.

Gawn played one qrt let’s settle down a little. Was very quiet for first 3. Three of their last goals are contenders for goal of the week.

Tall fwds had a dirty dirty night. Henry kicked 3 but some of his efforts were horrible. Makes my blood boil when opposition defenders mark the ball with our small fwds. Criminal. Backline was ok but some really bad turnovers. Jack beaten for the first time all year. Can’t hang him for that Kolo did a good job. Sammy was ok but he’s plateaued big time. ZGuthrie and Maxy were enormous. Stewert did well considering his man had no interest in the ball.

Mids did a decent enough job against the apparent big 4. Clark best game I’ve seen. Bowes was good. Blitz was good.

Wish the finals were now as our older players are falling off quick.
Agree with all you said except about Blicavs. He had another really poor game. 12 disposals, 1 mark and about 5 dropped marks. He is having a poor year. He seems to have slowed down physically and his decision making

The hyperbole of this statement is off the charts.

Players can have occasional bad games without needing to have a long walk on the beach alone to contemplate how bad his performance was. Nor should we drop him because of it.

Go outside and touch grass.

A bad game is one thing but effort needs to be nonnegotiable and he couldn’t be arsed on multiple occasions.

But I’m not surprised you disagree you’ve always been on the no accountability bandwagon.

Can you tell Holmes to not to get 30 plus disposals. First time this year a Cats player got 30 plus and we loose...
Thats the reason we lost
Might be time to bring our the cement truck 😼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back