Autopsy Cats lose to Lions by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hes too much of a sook to work hard and earn a spot let the guy go home, I'm not one for spoon feeding games and carrying guys a mile off standard when a premiership is on the line.

A good few players get homesick simply playing interstate, let alone on the other side of the world.

I think it also put a bit more 'will' around the contest too......
Defence can't hold up without him against most opposition but I liked the move to at least change up the mix, didnt think it particularly worked though, Dunks,Neale,Berry and Clug just danced around him really.

Reckon Rohan is more crucial to our side than he gets credit for. Broke down a lot at CHF where he would ordinarily provide a contest in the air, lock the ball in or at least pressure the rebounding defender.
Did he go off to play golf again? What’s his injury?

I would guess Mullin playing full games in the VFL, getting a bit of the ball and gaining confidence would be better for his development than playing 15/20 mins at the top level and hardly touching it.

In saying that... a single AFL match payment for being in the 23 is a solid chunk of $$$ for a guy that I assume would be playing for Chicken Parmas (or whatever they eat) back home.

Defence can't hold up without him against most opposition but I liked the move to at least change up the mix, didnt think it particularly worked though, Dunks,Neale,Berry and Clug just danced around him really.

It was worth a try. At least he had a go, and I think that was the point of the exercise, even if he didn't have much influence.

I think the club is suffering badly from this notion of “our best is as good if not better than anyone else’s”. It was in 2022, it’s why we shat the flag in, but the comp has moved on and teams have moved past us. I genuinely think the players think it’ll all just switch on for them when the time comes, but it’s not going to happen. We’ve had so many games this year where a win was there for the taking and we just failed to capitalize, I’d like to know how many games we’ve won from trailing? Doubt it’s any, it’s almost like we decide on the day whether we want to turn up and play or not.

Just not at the races this year, mentally and physically.
Yeah it’s 2022 mindset, without realizing the competition has moved on. Could make a case for it in H & A in 2019, 2020 & 21 too. Not this year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan followed Longmire in playing their interceptor/ creator on our least effective forward . Lizard Blakey and Harris Andrews spending time on ‘out the back’ Ollie. Scott had to talk to Jez & Ollie at quarter time given Andrews dominance. This has to be looked at going forward much more ….

We don't have a big forward who can jump and take marks, or bring the ball to ground. Our long kicks in are not effective.

Just home now after what was a disappointing show from the Cats was there any reason given for why Tom Hawkins went down to the back 6 and had a word or two with them after a lions goal in the second quarter he was to me offering some sort of advice before trotting back to the forwardline for the restart.

If hes too much of a sook to work hard and earn a spot let the guy go home, I'm not one for spoon feeding games and carrying guys a mile off standard when a premiership is on the line.
I doubt it has anything to do with keeping him interested (I know you were responding)….A couple of weeks ago I did understand why you could try Oisin as a sub. He has great speed and power and is a little older than the ones they have been giving sub role to. For dempsey, Knevitt, simpson Etc none of them have made an impact as a sub - so I thought give Oisin a go.

But last week he got 1 disposal and same again last night…and they took him off as soon as he had a mark taken on him…so I assume they will abandon that option - not good for him either - he should play VFL rest of the year (not punishment - development)…

Issue remains though is that with the current sqaud they do not have a good sub option (other than taking someone like O Henry or 2E out of the best 22)… If they happen to get Guthrie back, and everyone else stays healthy, then it will be a MOC/2E/O Henry who slips to sub and all of a sudden we look quite balanced again. For now I would like them to manage a player each week to sub (and therefore if you need to play a younger player he goes into 22)

Fagan followed Longmire in playing their interceptor/ creator on our least effective forward . Lizard Blakey and Harris Andrews spending time on ‘out the back’ Ollie. Scott had to talk to Jez & Ollie at quarter time given Andrews dominance. This has to be looked at going forward much more ….

Andrews was also playing on Close & Miers during the first quarter - seemed that Andrews selected his preferred match up option based on where that player was roaming so that he could drop off off needed, or make sure he was in that dangerous spot 1.5 kicks from goal so we didn't have an easy entry

When Stanley went deep forward to the goal square, that's the first time in the first quarter that Andrews was playing on our terms and not his - we didn't take advantage of it though in hitting up the now open players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back