Autopsy Cats lose to Swans by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Never underestimate Scott's capacity to lose a game on Thursday night. Especially when he has a few favourites to pick from.
... ... huh? What is this, how is it relevant, and frankly, when he has the best winning % in the league's entire history, how is it accurate?

Yes 😩

‘If only’ we’d played catchup footy 😿

A fourth quarter effort, as in our poor beginnings, provided tiny hope 🤞🏻

Most expected a loss, so is a five goal defeat surprising?

We are so close to either clicking into gear or having the wheels come off completely but I’m not sure which one just yet. Pretty decent effort away to the benchmark side, so I’m not overly disappointed. The start was always getting reeled back but tough to see our lead whittled away so quick.

Second half of the season I’d like to see Mannagh and Humphries given a string of games, I don’t think we could hold it against CS to try something that may work, if not now then for the future.

Duncan surely sees some down time. Just want to see a little more leg speed and taking the game on.

Duncan is done.

I've been really surprised with the quick drop off from Blitz this year.

Cameron needs to decide whether he still has the fire in the belly. Because atm he’s playing bruise free, unaccountable footy with little impact. His lack of defence (which granted has never been his one wood) is now really hurting us.
This is harsh. Cameron has been poor recently, but he is a star and has won us so many games it's ridiculous. We don't win '22 without the great man.

Bruhn, Bowes - those guys have yet to prove they can contribute to a high level consistently, particularly against good sides.

We need to stop relying on Cameron, Cuthrie, Danger, Blitz and Hawk, It's on the next gen to show they 'have it' and perform at a high-level consistently..

They haven't been able to do that to-date - that doesn't mean they won't.

30pt loss isnt to bad but when you factor in we were 35pts up, it hurts.

However, thats the premiership team we just lost to, cant see anyone getting close to them.
Someone will get close. Not us. It'll be a team with a couple of genuine match winners. Like we used to have, and may have again in a couple of years.

I still think we will make top 8 and possibly top 4 with our draw after the bye but we arent winning it this year.
Too many flaws today exposed our ruck issues, our midfield issues, small defender issues and speed issues.
I get some of those bc our list doesnt have the rucks except conway who isnt ready, clark and stevens are not fully ready.
But i dont get why we arent playing mannagh (i know he was unavail today but in general).
We have an obvious answer to the dynamic speed and disposal issues and hes 26. We should be trying it.

Its annoying we arent better as sydney aside (and i think they will choke at the mcg) its a very poor open year.

I think the only way we can compete with a side like that at the minute is with a fully fit Dangerfield. In saying that look at the Swans' fixture and they've beaten quality teams by more than what we got done in by, so hardly disgraced in that context. Jhye Clark was quiet in the first half but he improved drastically in the 2nd half, I think he had 10 touches in Q3 alone.

Easier said than done but after the bye I'd like to see us give some games to the better performed young guys in the VFL - namely Knevitt and Humphries - they've been super consistent all season and look ready to impact in the seniors.

IF Essendon win tonight we end the round in the top 4 heading into the bye, even though our form has dropped off recently that wasn't a position many would've had us in after last year and still leaves us in a nice spot to capitalise off our strong start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree that the margin flattered us. We smashed them in the first quarter and held our own in the third. They caught up in the second and pulled away in the last.
32 scoring shots to 22 - I can't agree sorry. It was a great team effort though. We tried our guts out to the end. But ultimately, we should not have got that close. At one point they kicked 11 of 13 goals kicked. That is serious dominance..

I am very happy with our collective effort, however..

I posted the following in the GD thread, but we all know long posts can get lost during the match and am curious on others thoughts:

Stewart just doesn't look right at the moment, and not sure we can put it all down to the concussion either

We've seen teams starting to put more time into him, he's not getting the time & space from earlier in the season or previous years, and you can see the frustration building throughout games

TV commentators suggested a move to the midfield to try & free him up a bit, but wonder if the acting captaincy is also having an impact, especially as we haven't been at our best as a team over this stretch

I know we won't see a change to our leadership structure this season, but could it have an impact in terms of an announcement for who is our next captain, especially if we're going through a transition period over the next season or two?

If not having the C beside his name can help free him up and take an element of pressure off him, is it something we should look at?

Will be an enormous choke if the Swans don’t win it all this season, they are streets ahead of anyone else.

Can’t fault the effort, the midfield is what it is and no doubt we will go hard to improve it in the off season.
They feel a bit more like West Coast in 05/06 in their list makeup - their tall forwards are just doing a job, their small (Matera, Heeney) is their best avenue to goal, but their A1 midfield combination (Grundy, Heeney, Warner, Gulden vs Cox, Judd, Cousins, Kerr) is simply insane.

I still think we will make top 8 and possibly top 4 with our draw after the bye but we arent winning it this year.
Too many flaws today exposed our ruck issues, our midfield issues, small defender issues and speed issues.
I get some of those bc our list doesnt have the rucks except conway who isnt ready, clark and stevens are not fully ready.
But i dont get why we arent playing mannagh (i know he was unavail today but in general).
We have an obvious answer to the dynamic speed and disposal issues and hes 26. We should be trying it.
We can win it. Get Dangerfield and Guthrie fit and we can beat the swans

Duncan is done.

I've been really surprised with the quick drop off from Blitz this year.

33yos being finished is unsurprising. We have been blessed they lasted this long.
And blitz had no decent pre season.

Need to calm down. I don't know about anyone else but I found our play F***ing infuriating. Was asked to stop calling people dickheads by another dickhead. Goals to them handed out by sloppy handballs etc. Too many mistakes to name, too slow and clumsy around the ball (swans were clever).

Neale is not the answer at the moment. How has he not been told, no matter how big and tall you are, get in FRONT, not running up from metres behind, game after game. Don't care it's an incoming bomb- EXPECT it!
Duncan, I've now lost patience with. Not much value.

We can win it. Get Dangerfield and Guthrie fit and we can beat the swans

I think we are a chance at the G with a better balanced team (three talls today was dumb) but they will be really hard to beat.

We will need danger and guthrie at their best or no chance though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Swans by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back