Preview Changes and Discussion vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams still not doing anything great
Nahas injured
Would be the 2 to go

Any of dumont, harper, wood, Jacobs, LA in

Would be happy with Daw in for Brown also

If grima was ready I'd bring him in for Hansen who was poor and has been for the last few weeks but brad said grima was unlikely earlier this week.

Hansen was hurt with a groin injury. Literally didn't touch the footy in the 2nd half and spent significant time on the bench. Probably only came back on because of Swallow.

Wright/Harper for Nahas. Would be keen for Adams to go to forward pocket and Harper to sub.
If Jacobs is fit he HAS to play for an unfit Swallow. Otherwise lets see Dumont, but remember that role has to play a ****load of game time. He'll need to be ready to go. My sense is we'll go to ****ing Anthony again.

Lets hope Swallow is fit though.

Etceteras stay in, including Brown. He shows a bit.

A win up in Brisbane sets us up for a free shot at the Hawks - important game this.

Big game next week. We are on 32 points with the Pies and Suns. Pies have the bloos, Suns the Hawks. Reckon us and Pies will get up, putting us 4 points clear in 7th. * 9th on 28 and they have Geelong. Reckon they will stay there. West Coast 10th and Adelaide 11th are on 24 and have Freo and Port respectively. Reckon they both lose too so the ladder could look like this:

6th: Pies - 36
7th: North - 36
8th: Suns - 32
9th: * - 28
10th: Weagles - 24
11th: Crows - 24

A win will really see us solidify our spot in the 8 with some very winnable games still to come.

Big game next week. We are on 32 points with the Pies and Suns. Pies have the bloos, Suns the Hawks. Reckon us and Pies will get up, putting us 4 points clear in 7th. * 9th on 28 and they have Geelong. Reckon they will stay there. West Coast 10th and Adelaide 11th are on 24 and have Freo and Port respectively. Reckon they both lose too so the ladder could look like this:

6th: Pies - 36
7th: North - 36
8th: Suns - 32
9th: * - 28
10th: Weagles - 24
11th: Crows - 24

A win will really see us solidify our spot in the 8 with some very winnable games still to come.
Could possibly pass the Pies on percentage next week with a good win. That goal review cost us a whole point of percentage. Give us our goal and remove Melbourne's rebound and we're one percentage point behind the Pies this week. Will need to take part in some serious I50 pyrotechnics in our remaining games if we expect our % to compete with the current top 4's.

Could possibly pass the Pies on percentage next week with a good win. That goal review cost us a whole point of percentage. Give us our goal and remove Melbourne's rebound and we're one percentage point behind the Pies this week. Will need to take part in some serious I50 pyrotechnics in our remaining games if we expect our % to compete with the current top 4's.
I reckon the top 4 is just about gone sadly with Sydney, Freo and Port having decent runs home and the Hawks being, well, the Hawks. We should be pushing for 5th and a home final first week.

Harper in. Given one job. Lay 12 tackles and pressure the **** out of the defenders.

Adams can stay as sub.

There was one unforced change after a six goal loss. I wouldn't think there would be too many more after a seven goal win.

I reckon the top 4 is just about gone sadly with Sydney, Freo and Port having decent runs home and the Hawks being, well, the Hawks. We should be pushing for 5th and a home final first week.
I agree. We'd already lost too many games before we'd even gone to Adelaide. Still a possibility though and we should be aiming high.

Dumont looks cherry ripe in the 2s. I'd rather see him in than a proppy Jacobs.

Harpers in for Nahas, probably pull three out of his arse, lay some cracking tackles and keep his spot for the rest of the year, sort of like when Spitta only got a game in 08 because Liam Anthonys got hurt the night before the final training session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumont looks cherry ripe in the 2s. I'd rather see him in than a proppy Jacobs.
Certainly agree with that. Jacobs earned a recall but needs to get on the park in the VFL to test that ankle out first. Dumont obviously ready to go based upon him being the game day emergency.

Harpers in for Nahas, probably pull three out of his arse, lay some cracking tackles and keep his spot for the rest of the year, sort of like when Spitta only got a game in 08 because Liam Anthonys got hurt the night before the final training session.
I know he aint setting the world alight in the twos but he is the most like for like we have and he should be judged on his tackling pressure and once percenters as much as anything else. Hopefully your prediction is spot on.

To be honest, I'd prefer 5th and a home final we can win, than 4th and getting pantsed by top.

If we win our first one, I'd back us to win our second one.

I said over the off season that making finals is a bare pass mark, winning one has to be the aim, and I've got a good feeling that we could be that side that gets to the prelim from the first week, then losing an agonosingly close one to the eventual premier.

But sets us up hugely for a genuine shout next year.

To be honest, I'd prefer 5th and a home final we can win, than 4th and getting pantsed by top.

If we win our first one, I'd back us to win our second one.

I said over the off season that making finals is a bare pass mark, winning one has to be the aim, and I've got a good feeling that we could be that side that gets to the prelim from the first week, then losing an agonosingly close one to the eventual premier.

But sets us up hugely for a genuine shout next year.

Turn it up.

Hopefully you're right. :cool:

Certainly agree with that. Jacobs earned a recall but needs to get on the park in the VFL to test that ankle out first. Dumont obviously ready to go based upon him being the game day emergency.

I know he aint setting the world alight in the twos but he is the most like for like we have and he should be judged on his tackling pressure and once percenters as much as anything else. Hopefully your prediction is spot on.

La Grenouille has played a very high standard against men for two years now. No worries on being able to handle the pace or toughness for mine. Given the way footy goes these days, and especially our reliance on midfielders running both ways, crucially on the defensive side, if Jacobs isn't 100 per cent ready to go, then we simply can't risk him.

Harper can play ones at a very high level. As long as he can tackle and keep the defensive pressure up, he gets a run and any goals are a bonus.

What the bloody hell do we do if Loogie is out?

We'll have Thompson and Spud.
No Tippett. No Keys Jnr. No Grima. No MacMillan to do a job like he did on Gunston.

May be forced to bring in McMahon or Wright. I suppose it could be alright against Brissie with their lack of talls and a slippery ball.

Then again the way we've been going it wouldn't matter as McDonald would be forced play 1v1 against Brown on numerous occasions.

What the bloody hell do we do if Loogie is out?

We'll have Thompson and Spud.
No Tippett. No Keys Jnr. No Grima. No MacMillan to do a job like he did on Gunston.

May be forced to bring in McMahon or Wright. I suppose it could be alright against Brissie with their lack of talls and a slippery ball.

Then again the way we've been going it wouldn't matter as McDonald would be forced play 1v1 against Brown on numerous occasions.

Petrie to CHB and Daw in?

take that 2 minute "cameo" out of todays game and it was very anaemic.

He is probably keeping a list of the amount of team mates who burn him with poor delivery and don't see him when he is in space inside 50.

The amount of times he led today and got it kicked on his head for Howe to jump was incredible.

So does Brown stay in if Tarrant is fit?

Not for me.
Reckon the medico's will be a hell of a lot more careful with Taz this time around and he will not play this week regardless of what the scans say. I wouldn't be surprised to not see him for another couple of weeks at all and as such Bob will get a decent crack at it unless the match committee thing Daw is too good to leave out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and Discussion vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back