Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs Dockers in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t bring in a key forward in Comben as he was too sore to even play VFL last week, yet we can bring in Corr and McGuiness as defenders so the logical option is to trial a defender as a forward.

We have used Walker like this before but that ship has sailed, so why not give McKay a crack? I don’t think he will get out marked and let’s be honest, leading patterns are irrelevant as we don’t hit up anyway so he will basically just be defending the high ball that comes in which should be pretty natural?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Corr apparently won't clear protocols by then, so if you swung McKay forward, you're asking our top 2 key defensive posts to be manned by mcguinness who is yet to play a game, and bonar who battles manfully but was woefully outclassed by a gun forward.

Are you asking us to lose by 200? S*it I don't think even Noble is crazy enough to structure up like this!!!

Anyone that thinks that players coming in from the vfl is going to help is delusional lol

It’s tricky to get them to play with the intensity in the 2s it’s no wonder they can translate that into actual AFL.

Play Ziebs out of the square and CCJ at CHF. Lots of space on their ground to lead and we have plenty of dangerous options to add with Zurhaar. It's all mute if their mids are allowed to run like Carlton, but it I prefer that forward structure to a conventional set up this week.

My god the headaches we have.

Our list is just so shit.
Injuries we have are Corr who won’t make it back in time, Hall whose a fortnight away, Charlie who pulled up with knee soreness after Thursday's session and was withdrawn as an emergency on Friday as a result and Tazz whose ribs/hammy are giving him grief but should play. Phillips should come in but club wasn’t happy with output along with Powell and Jed.
If we forfeit do we keep our percentage? Really keen to get above * on the ladder.

The team selections this week are a raffle. We are going to get belted, so I would be using the opportunity to try something different.

Plonk CCJ in the goalsquare and have Bull play alongside. Bring in Eddie Ford and go for a significantly smaller and more agile forward line with instructions to constantly move the defenders around. Could upset their defensive balance. CCJ and Bull to mark or bring the ball down front and centre.

None of this amounts to anything if our mids can't get their hands on the pill though. When they get it, they then have to lower the eyes coming I50.

There's SFA difference in getting beaten by 100 or 150, so what's the harm in trying something a little different.

The team selections this week are a raffle. We are going to get belted, so I would be using the opportunity to try something different.

Plonk CCJ in the goalsquare and have Bull play alongside. Bring in Eddie Ford and go for a significantly smaller and more agile forward line with instructions to constantly move the defenders around. Could upset their defensive balance. CCJ and Bull to mark or bring the ball down front and centre.

None of this amounts to anything if our mids can't get their hands on the pill though. When they get it, they then have to lower the eyes coming I50.

There's SFA difference in getting beaten by 100 or 150, so what's the harm in trying something a little different.

I like your thinking but Ford is out injured.

Replace Mahony with a good ball user in Powell or Phillips. Or someone with speed like Lazaro who I’m not that sold on at the moment. But we’re definitely missing those two attributes out there at the moment. Our guys refuse to create available options - running power is pathetic atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad Corr will play but honestly how did we not even know it was a non-covid illness?

Of course it means Josh Walker at FF/CHF but even that I don't care about, Corr in with McKay and Bonar makes me feel slightly better about Friday night.

I like your thinking but Ford is out injured.

Has this been clarified yet? I know he was in a moon boot but so was Darcy Parish last week and he played yesterday.

Has this been clarified yet? I know he was in a moon boot but so was Darcy Parish last week and he played yesterday.
really? I can never keep up with these fashion trends

I'm glad Corr will play but honestly how did we not even know it was a non-covid illness?

Of course it means Josh Walker at FF/CHF but even that I don't care about, Corr in with McKay and Bonar makes me feel slightly better about Friday night.
Yep. Well, maybe. I mean it might make sense to keep Walker in the team forward so that we have some flexibility on the day. I don't really rate him forward either though to be honest. If nothing else it will be a positive to start to nail down what the defensive structure looks like for the rest of the year. Too much in and out. I'd like to Corr, McKay & Bonar put in a solid block together so we can make calls on further needs from a stable base. It's been all over the place down their this year due to all 3 of them being on a rotation in and out due to injuries.

Out: Bergman, Larkey, Walker, Young, Mahony

In: McKay, Corr, Comben, Anderson, Powell

Out: Bergman, Larkey, Walker, Young, Mahony

In: McKay, Corr, Comben, Anderson, Powell
Corr won’t be out of protocol and do you really want to risk comben after missing on the weekend?

Corr will play apparently. Didn't have a COVID related illness.
They said in the presser he wouldn’t but all good if he is able to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back