Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Hawthorn Saturday 1:15pm at AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonner has no intensity, needs to come out. Burton down back where he belongs and Marshall in.

Jonas - Jones will be and interesting call. Hawks don’t have a particularly tall forward line, I might be tempted to stick with Jones given his performance but expect el capitano will be back.

Mead out if Boak comes up also.

Possibilities to come in next week: Jonas, Boak, Dixon, Marshall, Sinn, Teakle, Burgoyne, Jackson.
Jackson hasn't played in 2 weeks, he's zero chance.

Teakle also. He needs an extended run of good form as a ruckman at SANFL to earn an opportunity.

In: Boak, Dixon, Marshall, Jonas
Out: Mead, Evans, Lord, Jones

Sub: Rioli

Teakle also. He needs an extended run of good form as a ruckman at SANFL to earn an opportunity.

Nice ins 🤝

Bonner has to be out. I've been a big defender of his since he was the only one who showed up in that prelim but he has reverted to form.

Evans and Mead don't offer much either.

Seems like the perfect week to give Sinn a go and he'd be a good sub. I'm not one for romanticism about a debut. You play where the team needs you when the team needs you.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bonner has to be out. I've been a big defender of his since he was the only one who showed up in that prelim but he has reverted to form.

Evans and Mead don't offer much either.

Seems like the perfect week to give Sinn a go and he'd be a good sub. I'm not one for romanticism about a debut. You play where the team needs you when the team needs you.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sinn debuted last year, so no reason he can’t be sub on Saturday arvo,

Last years game vs Hawthorn was one of the most shameful in this clubs AFL history.

Win this well and put it right.

I dont give a * who is in or out. On paper we will field a better side than the Hawks regardless. Its just about effort and execution.

That is a game I wish can be erased from the history of the AFL.

Hinkley was 100% out coached and the team was not up for it. This year will be different.

Burtons' spot should be up for grabs considering his defensive 1v1 efforts and his rotation up foward not being required if Marshall and Dixon come back in.
Wtf!
He is struggling playing majorly out of position then having to change his entire mindset mid game.

When he’s playing down back he’s as essential as Aliir.

Jackson for Mead.
Mead hasn't nailed his spot and has had plenty of chances.

Dixon is fit Dixon plays. Lord doesn't stay in with Dixon.

Marshall would be seriously pissed he's missed 2 weeks though an abundance of caution let him play. Evans out.

Boaky still out.

Jones was much better today than Jonas has been for about 2 seasons. I know he's the captain but he should be in the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the focus will be more on player management.

3 games to go before the bye and 6 day breaks between them. If anyone's under a slight doubt suspect they'll get the extra week off.

Not saying they should be complacent but show trust in the depth and hopefully build some confidence deeper into the list for the run after the bye.

A lot of players still uncontracted for next season so they will all have a lot to prove.

Come at me I don’t care, Burton as a free wheeling running defender is good, however he is Nathan Lonie soft IMO.

However outs for me would be
Mead it’s clear his skills a level under Afl
Level.
Mcentee is a little bit better,
Skills sloppy but defensively he’s super.
Evans looks injured time to have a break.
On todays game I thought Jones was super, Dusty knew he couldn’t intimidate him he’s a beast and there wasn’t many fumbles.

Therefore I’d go
Jonas for Burton
Mead for Boak
Evans for Sinn.

I really don”t want to drop Lord that will be tough.
Even though Lord for Marshall would be the obvious.

Probably not the easy kill it would’ve seemed a couple weeks ago when they would’ve planned marshall and dixon’s return. But seeing as though neither played today, I straight away thought they were saving them for the big fortnight against the dogs and cats before the bye.

I expect Boak and Jonas in for Mead and Bonner.

Evans needs to play a full game in the sanfl to get some form. Maybe this is the game to give Sinn another taste as the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back