Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Hawthorn Saturday 1:15pm at AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonas probably comes in for Jones even though he was good.
Boak would come back in for Mead if fit.
Dixon and Marshall probably for Lord and I’m not sure who else.
Slowly getting back to our best 22

Obviously first focus in any game is just to win. It's a competition where upsets can always happen and you can't go in thinking anything other than that, but.......

This is a chance to gain some percentage against a bottom 4 side. We need to win, we need to win well. Realistically we're about 20 goals behind Brisbane in percentage, it's a big gap that we need to bridge as it could be extremely important come the end of the year.

Come at me I don’t care, Burton as a free wheeling running defender is good, however he is Nathan Lonie soft IMO.

However outs for me would be
Mead it’s clear his skills a level under Afl
Level.
Mcentee is a little bit better,
Skills sloppy but defensively he’s super.
Evans looks injured time to have a break.
On todays game I thought Jones was super, Dusty knew he couldn’t intimidate him he’s a beast and there wasn’t many fumbles.

Therefore I’d go
Jonas for Burton
Mead for Boak
Evans for Sinn.

I really don”t want to drop Lord that will be tough.
Even though Lord for Marshall would be the obvious.

Poo.

Only way Lord misses is if Dixon and Marshall come back. Lord is a very smart forward and will drag a tall defender away from his fellow key forwards.

Jackson in for Mead for mine if Boak isn't fit.

Jonas will come back, Jones can go to hbf and Bergman to a wing, they can swap between those positions. Bonner the loser in that scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wing is a physically demanding role and I'm not sure either Jackson or Sinn have the tank to be able to do it all day. If you wanted to bring one of them in I could see us playing Sinn at half back and moving Houston onto the wing.

We owe these pricks after the ebert debacle.

We need to make up for that.. smash these pricks and add some percentage
This is AFL media, trying to build up a game 'logic'. Like winning the next time you play the side you lost a GF/PF to, winning against Hawthorn here by any margin won't erase or make up for the previous game.

That aside I'd still like to get Pasini in for a game and we're short down back.

Ins: Pasini, Marshall, Dixon, Sinn
Outs: Bonner, Evans, Lord, Mead

I'd give Boak another week. We're either no longer having Hinkley as the 'real' coach, in which case get him fully fit for later in the season / finals, or Hinkley is still calling the shots, in which case get more games into younger players for post-Hinkley.

Jackson hasn’t played in over a fortnight, so he won’t get picked.

I think Lord deserves to retain his spot, the more exposure at the highest level the better.

Happy to see Sinn come in for either Mead or Bonner.

If Boak & Charles are still sore, give them another week off.

Last years game vs Hawthorn was one of the most shameful in this clubs AFL history.

Win this well and put it right.

I dont give a * who is in or out. On paper we will field a better side than the Hawks regardless. Its just about effort and execution.
There is no making up for the poor effort in the Ebert tribute game. We don't get that back.

In: Boak, Jonas, Dixon
Out: Mead, Jones, Lord
Lord is tough to miss, Jonas will be in just because he is captain. Wait and see on boak, if he us still sore rest him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back