Preview Changes for Round 19 - Western Derby XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that dedication to aerobic fitness is the only qualification for being in an AFL team. He might be able to run a good marathon but that alone won't make him a good inside mid in the AFL. Would prefer that he had the same dedication to the weights room actually. If fitness were the only requirement then lots of people could be in the 22, a bit of size and talent might help too.

people have reported seeing him multiple times in the UWA gym doing weights/drinking protein

he also does extra skills at the club whenever he's there

if there's one thing swift is, it's dedicated

No, you missed the point, Swift isn't like other players. He's worse.

For example:
Masten was seen as skinny, Swift is seen as skinny
Masten was seen as a poor kick, Swift is seen as a poor kick
Masten was seen as a poor tackler, Swift is seen as a poor tackler
Masten was a highly rated junior, so was Swift
Masten dresses/looks a bit different, so does Swift
Masten showed glimpses of being a good player (38 touches against Port late in his second year iirc), Swift has too (3 votes... T Swift)
Masten lacked a bit of composure, Swift is seen to occasionally lack composure
Masten had injuries (OP plus knee injuries) that curtailed his development, Swifts development has been restrained given when he was drafted he was coming off two knee recos
Masten was favoured by the MC when fit, Swift is favoured by the MC when fit and there is an opening in the 22, he's essentially first drop atm.

Do you see? Swift is much worse and completely different to Masten in every way and much worse.

FACT: no player ever improves, ever. They are drafted ready made and if they can't cut it first year it's a drafting failure.

Didn't we only draft Masten though because he was someones godson?

Might be the best post I've ever read on this site.

No player improves ever??

Seriously???

Hasn't NicNat been doing that? (hey that rhymes)

You sound like a guy at work who reckons playing AFL is the same as playing Junior footy. Football is football no matter where it's played, I see a limited logic in that but it is never the case. People RARELY come in and play like they belong in the AFL system from game 1. I saw Judd do it and Cousins and I know there are many examples for every other club but it isn't the norm. Even Judd spent many games being unsighted and would burst in quarters until he matured a bit.

Even G.Ablett took a couple of years to hit his straps.

Under this logic a boxer should play his first fight against the heavyweight champion and dispatch him with ease if he is good enough. NOT

Seriously???

You sound like a guy at work who reckons playing AFL is the same as playing Junior footy. Football is football no matter where it's played, I see a limited logic in that but it is never the case. People RARELY come in and play like they belong in the AFL system from game 1. I saw Judd do it and Cousins and I know there are many examples for every other club but it isn't the norm. Even Judd spent many games being unsighted and would burst in quarters until he matured a bit.

Under this logic a boxer should play his first fight against the heavyweight champion and dispatch him with ease if he is good enough. NOT
A debuting boxer should beat the heavyweight champion??

Seriously???

Seriously???

PkW1S.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that dedication to aerobic fitness is the only qualification for being in an AFL team. He might be able to run a good marathon but that alone won't make him a good inside mid in the AFL. Would prefer that he had the same dedication to the weights room actually. If fitness were the only requirement then lots of people could be in the 22, a bit of size and talent might help too.
It was a joke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for Round 19 - Western Derby XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back