Changes for the Richmond game

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaensch has had plenty of opportunity this season.

Surely if we were going to take out a ruckman and not replace him, Lynch had to come back in? The only reason he was dropped to start with was so we could squeeze another ruckman in.

I dont know if people watched the same game as me last week. Go back and watch the replay. Brodie did alot of good things. He got bumbed of the ball in a marking contest once in defence but in all nnot a bad performance, was one of our better performers. I still think he is a mid. Watch the last quarter where he started at centre bounce and did a beatiful clearance. the good thing is he lifts his head when he kicks forward unlike VB and Thomo and Douglas who normally just bang it on their foot to get it forward. I think Thommo has such an overated disposal.

A bit slow E.C.

His name was not mentioned, not even once, didn't get a vote, nil, nada, nyet....................

And after each non scoring round you would have been rubbing your hands together, "You beauty, I will show those guys on Big Footy that Neil shouldnt have picked him, he didnt score 1 Magarey vote"

Are you sick of trolling yet?

You know, this personal stuff, "I'm right, you're wrong", STILL on the issue of youth v experience is as offensive as it always has been.​
You don't 'Play kids' OR 'Play experience".​
It's NOT an "either/or" :eek:
You play to win AND plan for the future.​
That means that if Rutten and Doughty play their role they are IN.​
It also means that if Talia and Shaw play their role they are IN.​
And the experienced help the youth, and the youth confirm the future.​
(If you think you only play for the future you should be supporting Melbourne.)​
Some of you need to understand that reality is multi-dimensional - everything everyone posts has SOME validity.​
The skill is in determining the degree of validity.​

- - - - - - - - - - Or I may just be a grumpy old man. :p

Stone-Roses-Fools-Gold-477599.jpg
Are you a fan Carl?

Any chance we'll see Porps return to his deep (permanent) forward role of yesteryear?

Seeing as we've gone without the third tall forward and brought in another running player (Knights), Porps could provide another marking target.

Can people please try to make their points without resorting to insulting other posters? Almost every post has someone questioning another poster's intelligence, calling them a tool, an idiot, questioning their footy knowledge, their age, whatever. It's becoming incredibly annoying. Stop doing it. Consider this a final warning.

I dont know if people watched the same game as me last week. Go back and watch the replay. Brodie did alot of good things. He got bumbed of the ball in a marking contest once in defence but in all nnot a bad performance, was one of our better performers. I still think he is a mid. Watch the last quarter where he started at centre bounce and did a beatiful clearance. the good thing is he lifts his head when he kicks forward unlike VB and Thomo and Douglas who normally just bang it on their foot to get it forward. I think Thommo has such an overated disposal.

I'm not sure why you quoted me, but I have no issue with Martin's inclusion. Thompson and VB tend to play inside which is why they go for meterage - you don't have a lot of opportunity to look for the right option when your opponent is breathing down your neck. Martin plays an outside game, that's his strength, and we should seek to use it.

I'd like to see him rotated between defence and wing.

Can people please try to make their points without resorting to insulting other posters? Almost every post has someone questioning another poster's intelligence, calling them a tool, an idiot, questioning their footy knowledge, their age, whatever. It's becoming incredibly annoying. Stop doing it. Consider this a final warning.

This board is starting to look like Question time in Parliament. :(

You know, this personal stuff, "I'm right, you're wrong", STILL on the issue of youth v experience is as offensive as it always has been.​
You don't 'Play kids' OR 'Play experience".​
It's NOT an "either/or" :eek:
You play to win AND plan for the future.​
That means that if Rutten and Doughty play their role they are IN.​
It also means that if Talia and Shaw play their role they are IN.​
And the experienced help the youth, and the youth confirm the future.​
(If you think you only play for the future you should be supporting Melbourne.)​
Some of you need to understand that reality is multi-dimensional - everything everyone posts has SOME validity.​
The skill is in determining the degree of validity.​

- - - - - - - - - - Or I may just be a grumpy old man. :p
Brilliant post, loved it reminds me of me on drugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Martin remaining in the team and Jaensch getting the chop? WTF?

Jaensch has had a fair crack and has really done SFA. I think he has been lucky to hold his spot as long as he has. Martin was good against St.Kilda and as he is at the crossroads of his career and deserves the same opportunities that Jaensch had to either sink or swim

We are in the home stretch now, and it's clear from the last few games, that teams have worked us out - in terms of numbers around/off the ball. I'm not surprised Sando is now looking to tweak the structure (one less tall) as well as looking at players that haven't had much of a chance up to now - particularly if it's felt they may/could have an influence come finals time. Stiffy, when fit and firing, will be straight back into the side, but I'm not convinced he'll get his old job back. Time will tell I guess. Sad for Jaensch, I think he is a good user of the ball (kicking skills some of the best in the side), but I think he's shown a fair bit more than most expected this year (given that most expected he would never get picked!), so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back either. Hope Knights makes the most of his opportunity (and that he's given more than one!). Him and Vince back to their best would just add another dimension to our team.

I think the side looks fairly solid for tomorrow. I would assume we're going in with one less tall for 2 reasons.
1) Its forecast to be a wet game
2) Our spread and outside game has been suspect the last 2-3 games (especially when we dont win the contested ball) so this will help add pace and improve this aspect...

I dont see smith and Doughty as like for like anyways, I see Smith moving into the midfield as early as the end of the year, I would hope he gets a real crack in there next year.

Same, but he can play a similar role to Doughty.

Smith is Improving, Doughty is declining.

Waste of time having players dominate the SANFL if we are going to pick the declining incumbent (with similar or worse output) over them.

No disrespect to Doughty, he's been a wonderful servant of the club - but he should be a depth player now.

Apparently Shaw is still in doubt, Hendo on standby. Surely if he is still in doubt with a knee you wouldn't play him on a wet day

Jaensch has had a fair crack and has really done SFA. I think he has been lucky to hold his spot as long as he has. Martin was good against St.Kilda and as he is at the crossroads of his career and deserves the same opportunities that Jaensch had to either sink or swim
I think there is only room for 1 of Jaensch or Martin in defence as both suited to HBF (not the last line).

Though with Jaensch & Stiffy out our kicking out options are limited to Reilly, which is not ideal ... if he gets injured/has an off day.

Same, but he can play a similar role to Doughty.

Smith is Improving, Doughty is declining.

Waste of time having players dominate the SANFL if we are going to pick the declining incumbent (with similar or worse output) over them.

No disrespect to Doughty, he's been a wonderful servant of the club - but he should be a depth player now.
No disrespect, but Doughty has had a far better year than Smith.

However, there is room for them both in the side.

Apparently Shaw is still in doubt, Hendo on standby. Surely if he is still in doubt with a knee you wouldn't play him on a wet day
Don't understand why we would play a fringe player who is less than 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for the Richmond game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back