Preview Changes & Pre-Match discussion for Showdown: Round 3, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt old mate will drop him but surely there’s enough evidence to give Lycett a spell in the twos. Even if they hate Hayes, the Finlayson/Dixon combo should be more effective than a seriously out of form Lycett up against ROB.

With Boak back full-time and someone that isn’t Lycett neutralising ROB, I could see our midfield quality and depth overwhelming the Crows mids. Especially if the training sessions on tackling technique Wines mentioned in radio reduce the free kicks against even just a little.

Crows aren't very good. Last time we met, we thumped them.

View attachment 1644067

Regardless of our shortcomings and their intensity, if we're even half-intersted it's a no contest.
The fact that they won the first showdown last year is solid proof that our interest levels are anything but a certainty

I doubt old mate will drop him but surely there’s enough evidence to give Lycett a spell in the twos. Even if they hate Hayes, the Finlayson/Dixon combo should be more effective than a seriously out of form Lycett up against ROB.

With Boak back full-time and someone that isn’t Lycett neutralising ROB, I could see our midfield quality and depth overwhelming the Crows mids. Especially if the training sessions on tackling technique Wines mentioned in radio reduce the free kicks against even just a little.
Port by 8 points.

Here’s an idea.
How about talking about your favourite Showdown wins or moments.
Really over the constant doom and gloom on this board.
The Monfries right angle bounce game. Sat buried deep amongst a wave of d$chead crows supporters. Absolutely copped it all game. As the siren sounded I stupidly stood on the chair and proceeded to flip the best 360 degree finger to everybody. Not sure how I got out alive but one of my proudest footy moments.

The Monfries right angle bounce game.
Everyone talks about that ridiculous bounce giving Port the luckiest win ever.

No one talks about the fact that in the first quarter Robbie Gray had a shot that landed on almost the centre of the goal line and ridiculously bounced back into play instead of going a goal.

More I think about it the more I think Finlayson will come in.
Provides cover for Lycett and if not needed an experienced forward who knows how to get goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so that assumes fogarty out, still leaves Thilthorpe and Himmelburg to cover down back. Surely clurey comes in unless they want Finalyson to go bacK?
Not quite what she said. She said Clurey, Finalyson and Boak IN with Burgoyne, Burton and Mitch OUT

The battle of the coaches IMHO.
If the Crows get a sniff they will generate enough enthusiasm to roll port.
I can see kerns heart melting in the process.
Only pride in the PAFC will drag Kern out of the pool.

Mitch has been poor for me it’s a good game to drop him.
I know they don’t drop captains much at any AFL club but Jonas is lucky to survive.
We will be stuck with Jonas in the side until he is either injured, relinquishes the captaincy or retires. Hopefully the later by seasons end. Worst captain in the AFL.

IN: Boak, Bonner, Clurey, Finlayson

OUT: Burton (suspended), Burgoyne, Georgiades, Fantasia (omitted)

Emergencies:
O. Fantasia 13, Jase Burgoyne 36, B. Teakle 27, J. Mead 44

IN: Boak, Bonner, Clurey, Finlayson

OUT: Burton (suspended), Burgoyne, Georgiades, Fantasia (omitted)

Emergencies:
O. Fantasia 13, Jase Burgoyne 36, B. Teakle 27, J. Mead 44
Pasini must have shat on hinkleys front porch this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back