Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Preliminary Final vs. Sydney Swans, Saturday 17/09, 4:45pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a strange thought this morning. I wonder if we deliberately lost that game against the Cats?

Given we are a team that needs game continuity and experience, perhaps we didn't want to have another 2 weeks off before another game? Just a silly thought, but I wonder. It did seem out of character from a team strategy perspective to leave the back half exposed with a couple of minutes left. We haven't done that all season.
I think you're right - it's a strange thought.

Having said that I can understand the idea that this path to the GF might see us arrive in better nick in terms of finals form/momentum than having 2 weeks off out of three. Assuming of course we can take care of Sydney.

that hack off the ground with his left instead of picking it up was enough for me
was rabbit in the headlights a few times
he is just too slow, big wide wings on the SCG, he will get run off his feet
How about his ball gazing the Frederick goal , no one around him , he simply watches the ball go thru for a goal , when he could have simply marked it or touch the ball. then the look on his face of , what just happened. Deer in headlights. Lucky it was not a close game .

I had a strange thought this morning. I wonder if we deliberately lost that game against the Cats?

Given we are a team that needs game continuity and experience, perhaps we didn't want to have another 2 weeks off before another game? Just a silly thought, but I wonder. It did seem out of character from a team strategy perspective to leave the back half exposed with a couple of minutes left. We haven't done that all season.

Look, I doubt it, but I'll tell you in 2 weeks time.

Had to have.....
Fuvking useless
Ease up Hugg , wasn’t his best display on the weekend, looked a bit unsettled and nervy , has shown enough thus far to indicate he belongs at this level , has kicked some amazing goals , 2 bananas , which every kid dreams of kicking on the G , a fantastic set of hands . AJ is doing well .

Obviously you remember these moments - which were they specifically?

Mate, i'm not gonna go back and re-watch the game to prove my point. Which is what i would have to do as my memory doesn't serve me that well.

I also cant tell you who scored every goal or what disposal efficiency each player ran at or who spoiled every high ball coming in to our D50. Ill leave that up to yourself to analyse. I've not got the time.

What i can tell you is what i saw with my eyes and the reaction i had to it. which going by other comments i am not alone in.

My comments also reflect the season as a whole from Bianco when he has been needed because Adams/Degoey weren't available which is largely unimpressive.

Reality is both Carmichael and Bianco don't give us anything close to what Adams does but beyond those 2 a grunt inside midfielder is not something we have a big selection to choose from so it will be one or the other. id choose Carmichael this week.

The first quarter will be everything. We need to bring the heat!
#1 and #2 pressure teams in a prelim final on a smaller ground... it is going to be next level intensity. It will really come down to who deals with the heat better, and who takes their chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ease up Hugg , wasn’t his best display on the weekend, looked a bit unsettled and nervy , has shown enough thus far to indicate he belongs at this level , has kicked some amazing goals , 2 bananas , which every kid dreams of kicking on the G , a fantastic set of hands . AJ is doing well .
Mate this a preliminary.
Fantastic set of hands...
Sat nite??
Pressure???dreams????
Reality....reality
How many games had he played
He has had more media write ups than games...
Dreams....
Sorry take henry

I had feeling there was no conclusive evidence to back your point. Bianco of 2022, has far more appetite for the contest.

Fly was very positive about his performance so I think that speaks volumes.

Bianco will be one of those players whose vision and smarts will come to the fore - Pendlesque as Buckley has said.
As in the Adel game were David King pointed out sublime moments of his vision and skill.

You lost me a little qouting David King

The only thing similar to Pendlebury is his leg speed, that is it.
And the fact that the coach was positive about his performance, you only need to go back a week and hear his thoughts on Krueger, yet he was dropped this week.

You lost me a little qouting David King

The only thing similar to Pendlebury is his leg speed, that is it.
And the fact that the coach was positive about his performance, you only need to go back a week and hear his thoughts on Krueger, yet he was dropped this week.
You better take up the Pendlebury comparison with Buckley.
David King showed vision when he made the comments.
And Fly rates him.

I think you’re in the minority.

Mate this a preliminary.
Sat nite??
Pressure???dreams????
Reality....reality
Dreams....
Sorry take henry.
Mate this a preliminary.
Sat nite??
Pressure???dreams????
Reality....reality
Dreams....
Sorry take henry
Mate I rate Henry , he has a higher ceiling than AJ , granted , but AJ has been consistent, not counting the last game , it pisses me off also that a guy like Bianco gets a game before him , I know they don’t play the same position, for me this week , Bianco goes out , Carmichael comes in. Henry medisub

Just watched the game again. Bianco did some questionable things and did some okay things. I’d prefer JC because I think he’ll get you a shot on goal a game and you want that hardiness in the midfield

I've preferred Carmichael too but just worried about him butchering the ball too much in a high-pressure prelim. Having said that, he's already proven he can kick clutch goals so maybe his scrappy disposal is more due to fatigue.

I didn't like Bianco's game much watching it live but after watching the replay I think I was being hard on him.
That goal he let through looked pretty bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back