Game Day Changes, prematch discussion & GDT vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope the Seahawks don't have any fans over 38 then!

Not all of us have come from other teams

Not many of the SUNS supporters who have support GC as their #1 team, more so their 'local team'
Who did you support before Gold Coast Suns existed? I'm always curious to hear this.

Which is funny considering that I was at the North/Suns game in 2011 and had to sit through your literal fair weather supporters give us crap for 4 quarters.

Then fast forward to last year watching them leave mid way through the 4th with tails tucked firmly between legs.

Plastic club? Coming from the team that tried to move to the GC in the first place is a bit rich.

Plastic supporters? Last time I checked I was flesh and blood, I bleed just the same as anyone else, Other than the fact that along with the red it comes out gold and blue too.

But just because we aren't Victorian must mean we aren't worthy to play the game or support our team, right?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
When did we try to move to the Gold Coast? The AFL wanted us to move there and we told them to f*** off.

The Suns are a plastic franchise that exist for no reason except to promote and expand the game. Your 'club' is a glorified billboard that wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for North rejecting the offer to move there in 07.

Last edited:

To his credit there was bugger all North fans there. By far the lowest drawing of all the Vic crowds. Rain probably did not help that, but of all our wins I think the North fans were the quickest to get up and leave in the final quarter.

SUNS have been 0-15 and I have still followed them around the country :p
I stayed there until the end. I went with a bunch of mates (many Richmond supporters) who all bought GC apparel and proceeded to act like knobs, I got up and moved to the opposite end of the ground and gave myself a bit of time out before catching up a few hours later. I still haven't gotten over it but they go for Richmond, there pain will last longer.

I stayed there until the end. I went with a bunch of mates (many Richmond supporters) who all bought GC apparel and proceeded to act like knobs, I got up and moved to the opposite end of the ground and gave myself a bit of time out before catching up a few hours later. I still haven't gotten over it but they go for Richmond, there pain will last longer.

Hate us all you want, but the AFL will forever be in our debt for the 'lolz' we almost annually provide at Richmonds expense!

Hate us all you want, but the AFL will forever be in our debt for the 'lolz' we almost annually provide at Richmonds expense!

That is very true. Hunt's goal was easily one of the top 5 moments of my non (AFL) North life.

Ahhhhh just thinking about it makes me smile.

That is very true. Hunt's goal was easily one of the top 5 moments of my non (AFL) North life.

Ahhhhh just thinking about it makes me smile.

And guess which lucky fan owns the boots from said player/goal/moment in time :D

:)

530398_10151134188852191_2054764123_n.jpg

I wish I knew more tigers fans to show this off to :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm annoyed that we've had to wait so many rounds to get a third home game and it's against another interstate side at Etihad. How on earth are we meant to do well financially when we'll be writing another cheque this weekend.

For real? Come on Kangas board, You aren't Brisbane.
It's an abhorrent lie to suggest that North Melbourne wanted to relocate to the Gold Coast - the AFL wanted North to relocate and North Melbourne fought tooth and nail to stay in Melbourne.

To suggest otherwise is downright offensive and IMHO worthy of a ban.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Suns are a bit light on in the ruck if Nicholls doesn't come up. Goldy and Maj should have a big advantage if they have to improvise with Rory Thompson and Dixon.

They can't win away and only beaten really ordinary teams in 2014.

Brisbane, Melbourne and GWS are the 3 weakest teams in the AFL. Tigers are also orindary.

We can only beat who we have played. Looking from another point of view our only losses are against the 2 reigning grand finalists.

But I do concede we are terrible away from home. We have never beaten a team outside of Queensland who has not finished bottom 2 of the AFL in that season!!

We can only beat who we have played. Looking from another point of view our only losses are against the 2 reigning grand finalists.

But I do concede we are terrible away from home. We have never beaten a team outside of Queensland who has not finished bottom 2 of the AFL in that season!!

147 points in total V Hawks and Freo is a worry.

Have you ever won at the dome?

They can't win away and only beaten really ordinary teams in 2014.

Brisbane, Melbourne and GWS are the 3 weakest teams in the AFL. Tigers are also orindary.

I've been telling myself the same but our last 2 games against the Suns have been ordinary, so still not fully convinced. Still expecting a 3-4 goal win.

147 points in total V Hawks and Freo is a worry.

Have you ever won at the dome?

Nah not even close. Has not been a happy hunting ground even when we go in close to favourites. I don't think the dome itself is the issue, just seem to have bad days or go down with injury struck teams.

This week is shaping up to be the best 22 we have ever sent to Melbourne though, so hopefully that accounts for something. I still don't anticipate us beating you, but the $4.20 is a little bit rich IMO.

I don't think the 99 point loss to Hawthorn really reflected where we were at as a team that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back