Preview Changes/Preview – Round 18 vs. Essendon - IN: Petty the RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
b779816247aca44509ce4fc27fdcad98.jpg

The current sentiments here and on social media towards selection.

Goodwin is a ****ing idiot of biblical proportions.

I can just see his stupidity getting JVR injured long term.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Late change watch, Goody is an evil genius and doing it for the melts…

So let me get this straight. You have a ruck who seems to be applying himself in the 2s and working hard and another ruck you recruited as coverage should Max go down

and you recall Petty?

I'd say I'm surprised but no, not really. Picking Petty sends the wrong message through the club, which is funny because i remember saying the same thing when we dropped an in form Tomlinson against Geelong to rush Petty back in last year. Doesn't matter if you're inform, trying hard or just the right fit for the spot, go **** yourself for trying

when the apocalypse comes and the last game of Australian Rules Football has been played, history will look back at S.Goodwin as the worst premiership coach to ever do it.
He is the 4th horseman.

So let me get this straight. You have a ruck who seems to be applying himself in the 2s and working hard and another ruck you recruited as coverage should Max go down

and you recall Petty?

I'd say I'm surprised but no, not really. Picking Petty sends the wrong message through the club, which is funny because i remember saying the same thing when we dropped an in form Tomlinson against Geelong to rush Petty back in last year. Doesn't matter if you're inform, trying hard or just the right fit for the spot, go **** yourself for trying
The only thing i can think of is that Verrall is still struggling after his concussion and he just doesn't rate Fullerton(which tbh he is just another version of Schache so i don't blame him). But yeah, let's play the young bull in the ruck after playing his best game forward or play Petty who can't cover the ground and hasn't had a touch all year! And tbh is one of the worst relief rucks I've seen. He must have a genius plan up his sleeve because this is too obviously s*!

The only thing i can think of is that Verrall is still struggling after his concussion and he just doesn't rate Fullerton(which tbh he is just another version of Schache so i don't blame him). But yeah, let's play the young bull in the ruck after playing his best game forward or play Petty who can't cover the ground and hasn't had a touch all year! And tbh is one of the worst relief rucks I've seen. He must have a genius plan up his sleeve because this is too obviously s*!

If Goody rates Fullarton so little, it's staggering we recruited him.

If you makes you feel better, this will probably harden the AFC's resolve to hand over our pick 5 this year for Petty.
If we actually had any interest in trading him tanking his value like this by playing him completely out of position is some strategy.

If Goody rates Fullarton so little, it's staggering we recruited him.

I felt at the time the pick was a bit wtf. Lions fans were happy to see the back of him and what I've seen of him at Casey hasn't filled me with any confidence at all that he could hold down a ruck position. The small amount of games he got for the Lions he was merely a pinch hitter in the ruck and even though i haven't looked at his stats, I'd say the ruck stats are pretty underwhelming. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Tmac and JVR's ruck stats are better. Fullerton is more like a Schache from what I've seen of him. Probably a waste of a trade/pick, but i guess we needed some sort of Plan C. I'm a little shocked Verrall didn't get the call up. I'd say he hasn't had enough time after his concussion.

Not sure if putting a premium on tackles should even be a thing when he's averaging the exact same number as Charlie Curnow for this year in terms of averaged tackles.

Ben King for instance is only averaging 0.4 tackles per game which is just as worse.

No way is this is a player comparison mind you. Turner will be fine, has just ticked over his 11th game having just changed to a completely different role up forward half way through a Casey game this year. Still pretty inexperienced in that area.

I'd judge him more next year once he's completely a full pre season training as a genuine forward hopefully under a new forwards coach.
It's not a premium on tackles, he hardly kicks goals and isn't a pressure forward or connector So apart from being tall he's what?
Petty started off great as a forward then teams learned how to play him, Turner isn't a forward it's so obvious to see. You don't just learn forward craft in your 20s over a pre season, he very obviously doesn't have it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TMac is awful in the ruck, we've tried him in the past.
More awful than Petty? I'm no fan either, just trying to make the best of a bad situation. At least TMac has the stamina to cover the ground to ruck. Petty is coming off an injury, can barely keep up in the forward line, and is a marginal improvement of ruck over TMac.

Remember when gawn and Spencer died in 2017 and we rucked with the triple threat of watts, tmac and pedo?

I'd bet solid money it'll be that style again. We'll miss gawn around the ground but it won't matter much in the middle because we can't rove his taps anyway.

Well I guess our backup rucks know where they are in the pecking order, watch Petty do himself an injury in a ruck contest now 🤣

Maybe it is a message on how much the bombers rate ruck domination not bringing Goldstein into this game.

He and Draper I would have thought would have had a field day around the ground and most likely a good chance at a goal or two as well.

More awful than Petty? I'm no fan either, just trying to make the best of a bad situation. At least TMac has the stamina to cover the ground to ruck. Petty is coming off an injury, can barely keep up in the forward line, and is a marginal improvement of ruck over TMac.
Yes, MUCH more awful. We got absolutely slaughtered whenever he did ruck work. I remember us losing games on the back of him being in the ruck.

Last edited:
Soooo is it awkward if I say I believe we can win this one
I tipped us earlier in the thread by 11 points being the massive dees nuffy that I am. (I think my Bombers hate is playing into this prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back