Preview Changes/Preview – Round 18 vs. Essendon - IN: Petty the RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also for the people gagging about the youth, we're still the 5th oldest team by games played average over 16 games.

I think it’s ok to be encouraged by the younger approach in the past month. The issue is we all know this has been forced through injury, Goody wouldn’t have gone for it otherwise.

I think it’s ok to be encouraged by the younger approach in the past month. The issue is we all know this has been forced through injury, Goody wouldn’t have gone for it otherwise.
I'm loving the extra kids, I'm talking more the people who were saying we were down the ladder and fading out in the last quarters based on that.

Also preparing myself for him to randomly kick 3 again but Draper is pretty bloody average.
Would go as far as saying he's the most overrated player in the comp. 1-2 highlights every month mask what an ordinary player he is.

1000016250.jpg 1000016252.jpg 1000016254.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rewatched the game and

• I do like Tholstrup.
  • Disco was okay and he had a hand in a few goals (and a point from Fritsch that should have been a goal). He also did alright filling in the ruck when Max left the ground. I'm thinking that we get Disco to handle the forward half stoppages and Fullarton gets the other half. I'm reckon that Petty is too fragile to ruck and JVR can just be a forward.
  • Lever looks proppy. His knee is obviously troubling him.

In: Fullarton, Brown (the smaller one), Tomlinson
Out: Max (injured), Lever(injured), Blob

Why don't we just throw Tomlinson in the ruck? Decent fitness and won't look immobile when playing on a ruckman. At least may be somewhat handy around the ground even if he doesn't win a single hit out.

Why can't we play Petty in the ruck? It would be funny, Im all for it.
Yes. In basketball where height is much more important, they eventually realised that being actually good can outweigh reaching slightly higher even when reach slightly higher seems a headline part of the act. Reality in both cases is that 90+% of the role doesn't happen at the apex of what a bloke can get to. Just play someone who can football a bit. It's not a super hard role.

We’ve been building for the last few weeks now so going in to this one as confident as could be without Gawn and Trac. Last week was some of the best ball movement we’ve had in a long time and many of the link ups were between the young crew, in pressure situations which is promising.
In: Petty; Out: Gawn
Gawn’s endorsement of Tom Fullerton potentially playing this week seemed fairly subdued but maybe he does get his chance

We won't move the ball anything like last week. WCE were trying to get their coach sacked.
Yep and this is why two things can be true at once. Last week was the best we’ve moved the ball in ages but West Coast are ****ing shit and had a big hand in allowing that to happen.

Yep and this is why two things can be true at once. Last week was the best we’ve moved the ball in ages but West Coast are ****ing shit and had a big hand in allowing that to happen.
WC were 100% of it. We were damn proud of the shit effort and clearance heavy Brisbane game no way we intentionally changed that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back