Preview Changes/Preview – Round 18 vs. Essendon - IN: Petty the RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we very clearly moved the ball differently. But you can only do it for as long as the other team lets you.

Even last few years often we would link up with hands, take more aggressive kicks and kick a score for a quarter or maybe two. Then under pressure we'd cough up some cheap goals and go back into our shell and go back to our "DNA" which is pumping the ball 50 metres in a straight line on Gawn's head.

It's always enjoyable to watch us play like that and we are blooding players that are quicker, more comfortable on the outside and playing with speed on the ball - but I don't think we can sustain it on the run home against top 8 contenders week in week out.

Disco isn't exactly killing it but over the course of the season I'd say he is our best tall forward at being able to stand his ground and not get pushed out of a contest. He competes really well one on one and takes his share of marks in that scenario, whereas JVR and especially Petty need a clean run and jump at it.

We definitely should be persisting with him, Woey, AMW, Tholstrup.

Ins and outs for the rest of the year should come from the lower end of the rest of the 22 ie. Sparrow, Chandler, Petty.

Disco isn't exactly killing it but over the course of the season I'd say he is our best tall forward at being able to stand his ground and not get pushed out of a contest. He competes really well one on one and takes his share of marks in that scenario, whereas JVR and especially Petty need a clean run and jump at it.

Ins and outs for the rest of the year should come from the lower end of the rest of the 22 ie. Sparrow, Chandler, Petty.
He has a bit of mongrel in him and actually did alright being thrown in the ruck too.

Has a beautiful goal kicking action too - just kicks it long, high and straight consistently.

I mean, we very clearly moved the ball differently. But you can only do it for as long as the other team lets you.

Even last few years often we would link up with hands, take more aggressive kicks and kick a score for a quarter or maybe two. Then under pressure we'd cough up some cheap goals and go back into our shell and go back to our "DNA" which is pumping the ball 50 metres in a straight line on Gawn's head.

It's always enjoyable to watch us play like that and we are blooding players that are quicker, more comfortable on the outside and playing with speed on the ball - but I don't think we can sustain it on the run home against top 8 contenders week in week out.

All correct but I'd add one of the most annoying things about Goodwin and our playing style is that often good sides don't even have to pressure us out of playing attacking football. Just wait until we get a 3-4 goal lead and we do it to ourselves because Goodwin thinks it's big brain smart football to slow the game down when you're in front, despite 3 years of evidence that we go backwards every time we slow the game down.

Oh, this is just Goody being super clever as usual. He just knows that Fullarton, Verral or Tomo will be the masterstroke that gives us the edge and he wants to keep the Bombers guessing as to which absolute animal we're going to unleash.

Incredible mind games from an incredibly intelligent coach.

Oh, this is just Goody being super clever as usual. He just knows that Fullarton, Verral or Tomo will be the masterstroke that gives us the edge and he wants to keep the Bombers guessing as to which absolute animal we're going to unleash.

Incredible mind games from an incredibly intelligent coach.
That's giving him too much credit. It'll be Petty in for Gawn and JVR to ruck the whole game after (arguably) his best game as a forward :whitecheck:

Disco’s got a heap of energy. Thought he was a bit of a headless chook at times his first couple of games this year but he’s improving every week and is up for the contest. I’m sure I saw on the score board or somewhere that he’d kicked 9.4 for the season so good accuracy

8.3 in 8 games averages less than a tackle a game. What a superstar forward.
Not sure if putting a premium on tackles should even be a thing when he's averaging the exact same number as Charlie Curnow for this year in terms of averaged tackles.

Ben King for instance is only averaging 0.4 tackles per game which is just as worse.

No way is this is a player comparison mind you. Turner will be fine, has just ticked over his 11th game having just changed to a completely different role up forward half way through a Casey game this year. Still pretty inexperienced in that area.

I'd judge him more next year once he's completely a full pre season training as a genuine forward hopefully under a new forwards coach.

Not sure if putting a premium on tackles should even be a thing when he's averaging the exact same number as Charlie Curnow for this year in terms of averaged tackles.

Ben King for instance is only averaging 0.4 tackles per game which is just as worse.

No way is this is a player comparison mind you. Turner will be fine, has just ticked over his 11th game having just changed to a completely different role up forward half way through a Casey game this year. Still pretty inexperienced in that area.

I'd judge him more next year once he's completely a full pre season training as a genuine forward hopefully under a new forwards coach.
He is not a forward. I'm so sick of Goody trying to turn backs into forwards.

Better off giving the games to McAdam or Jefferson - actual forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QUOTE="Bluelegs, post: 84362359, member: 129410"]
If neither McAdam or Fullarton come in it will be the fourth week straight where none of the players we have traded in since the flag can get a game.
[/QUOTE]
Tim Lamb ❤️

QUOTE="Bluelegs, post: 84362359, member: 129410"]
If neither McAdam or Fullarton come in it will be the fourth week straight where none of the players we have traded in since the flag can get a game.
Tim Lamb ❤️
[/QUOTE]
They play better at other clubs.
I wonder why this is so.

/sarc off

OK Simon Repeat after me

Goody "Ok"

Don't

Goody "Don't

Pick

Goody "Pick"

Petty, Schache or Ben Brown

Goody " Petty, Schache or Ben Brown"

Say the whole sentence
Don't pick Petty, Schache or Ben Brown

Goody "Pick Petty Schache or Ben Brown"

Goddamnit.

Mcadam was poor earlier this year. I can’t see disco going to the back line to make way for mcadam.
His second game was that diabolical game in the NT. Not sure what he could have done in that game when the entire team was dog shit. I'm not asking for him to be recalled, not sure how his VFL form has been but he hasn't been given much of a chance considering other under performaning players we've had this year that never get dropped.

Bit concerning McAdam hasn’t been able to kick over a jam tin with the few set shots he’s had in the 1’s. Didn’t make the distance from 40m at Optus, not sure if he’s kicked better at Casey?

Bit concerning McAdam hasn’t been able to kick over a jam tin with the few set shots he’s had in the 1’s. Didn’t make the distance from 40m at Optus, not sure if he’s kicked better at Casey?

Looked physically unsure of himself in his few games at AFL level.

Hopefully just a temporary thing and he's finding confidence again.

They play better at other clubs.
I wonder why this is so.

Yeah Dogga has set the world on Fire! Lol. Harmes is Harmes. No better or worse. Jordon is simply in a better team playing his role. I guess Langdon, May, Hibbo and Lever have been worse players coming in under Goofy?

The last few years recruits are simply duds. It's got nothing to do with coaching. I don't think Goofy is a good coach, but in regards to new recruits since the flag, wtf has he had to work with? Certainly could have trusted the kids more and changed up the style and midfield more, but the last few years of recruits have been really really poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back