Preview Changes/Preview – Round 23 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veil's out in force, a week is a long time in football hey.

Im over it now, still think we are a chance if Max is fine and Goody gives up on the need to play a useless tall forward. Let JVR relief ruck for 10% and run a small forward line.

Goodwin has learnt nothing. Just gone back to spamming Petracca Oliver Viney and praying it works.

We aren’t winning another flag with this clown in charge.

Also as s**t as Jordon is why is he even in the team if he doesn’t get any CBAs? What is this coaching :drunk:

Fair play to my good friend schmuttt, he did promise me fireworks and him losing his shit if Kozzy got **** all time in at centre bounces and he has delivered.

Goodwin has learnt nothing. Just gone back to spamming Petracca Oliver Viney and praying it works.

We aren’t winning another flag with this clown in charge.

So dumb isn't it? We get back into form with Trac more forward, Kozzie more mid time, Gawn as solo ruck ... then throw it all away in a huge game 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree. Where would the veil had sat if we had won by 4 points?

TBF, I think it's always more upsetting to people when nuffies on big footy can predict what will happen and the coach can't. I get the rage. But it's not season over if we make the correct adjustments. If we keep stubbornly rolling out the second useless tall forward for the sake of structure though, pack it up I reckon.

TBF, I think it's always more upsetting to people when nuffies on big footy can predict what will happen and the coach can't. I get the rage. But it's not season over if we make the correct adjustments. If we keep stubbornly rolling out the second useless tall forward for the sake of structure though, pack it up I reckon.
After they made the correct call and dropped Grundy Goodwin was given due credit for making the tough but right call.

Goodwin has this round to make the same call. If he can't see this has not worked and on top of that the horrific decisions Grundy makes ( that handball from the centre bounce instead of a kick) then I see this will be a disappointing finals campaign.

I really don't want to hear a year later I was wrong from Goodwin like with Fritsch, opportunity is gone then.

I don't see a clear forward to come in unless they are holding out for Fritsch but they need to bring someone in so jvr is not the main guy

After they made the correct call and dropped Grundy Goodwin was given due credit for making the tough but right call.

Goodwin has this round to make the same call. If he can't see this has not worked and on top of that the horrific decisions Grundy makes ( that handball from the centre bounce instead of a kick) then I see this will be a disappointing finals campaign.

I really don't want to hear a year later I was wrong from Goodwin like with Fritsch, opportunity is gone then.

I don't see a clear forward to come in unless they are holding out for Fritsch but they need to bring someone in so jvr is not the main guy

Agree with all that apart from the last line. JVR can absolutely be the lone tall. Bringing in TMac, Brown, Schache etc doesnt put back JVR to #2 regardless.

Fair play to my good friend schmuttt, he did promise me fireworks and him losing his s**t if Kozzy got * all time in at centre bounces and he has delivered.

I’m not even mad man I’m just so frustrated that us pleb fans can see issues but the coaches keep doing the same shit. Goodwins refusal to learn any lessons for two years now is so depressing.

Agree with all that apart from the last line. JVR can absolutely be the lone tall. Bringing in TMac, Brown, Schache etc doesnt put back JVR to #2 regardless.

Exactly. Tigers won the flag when their talls went down and Riewoldt was the lone KPF. Of course JVR isn't Riewoldt yet, but the point is the coach and team adapted and they played smaller and more dynamically up forward. Which we were doing until Sat night 🤦‍♂️

Exactly. Tigers won the flag when their talls went down and Riewoldt was the lone KPF. Of course JVR isn't Riewoldt yet, but the point is the coach and team adapted and they played smaller and more dynamically up forward. Which we were doing until Sat night 🤦‍♂️

Yeah plus the whole argument of needing a second tall to compete in the air is only really a thing if your ball movement is so shit you just continually bomb it long. When we move it quick an kick to advantage Fritsch will be better than any second key tall could be

Yeah plus the whole argument of needing a second tall to compete in the air is only really a thing if your ball movement is so s**t you just continually bomb it long. When we move it quick an kick to advantage Fritsch will be better than any second key tall could be
Carlton another good example, have looked heaps better without Mckay down there. Could see them reverting when he comes back.

Carlton another good example, have looked heaps better without Mckay down there. Could see them reverting when he comes back.
Yep plus Curnow looked so decisive with his leads and knew when it was his turn to go instead of worrying about whether it was his turn or not.

Worked in old school footy cause one of them was a CHF who would roam and get the ball between the wing and 50m out a lot where as now it's just two tall guys standing still calling for it on their head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, no, no he can’t. Kid has serious potential but nowhere near ready to lead the line on his own, let alone in finals against the league’s best defensive outfits. He’s 19yo ffs with 20 games to his name.

Absolutely needs support. Notice how much better he played with Petty to take the heat of him.

You said it. He’s not Jack Reiwoldt yet. Nowhere near it.

We also don’t have the fleet of quality goalkicking smalls and mid sizers necessary to go with a small forward line. Disastrous strategy with our current stocks.

Yep plus Curnow looked so decisive with his leads and knew when it was his turn to go instead of worrying about whether it was his turn or not.

Worked in old school footy cause one of them was a CHF who would roam and get the ball between the wing and 50m out a lot where as now it's just two tall guys standing still calling for it on their head

Now you’re suggesting JVR in his first season is capable of Curnow like dominance … in finals no less!

Come on time to wake up and sniff the coffee. ☕👃🏽 Won’t happen. Can’t happen.

I hate to be ''that guy'' - but it wouldnt surprise me at all if we lose to Hawthorn, Sydney and tumble out of the top 4.

Really being 16th Hawthorn should be a relatively easy win, but we've struggled with teams outside the 8 all year and Hawthorn are now in good form - massive danger game. It took three quarters for us just to break North.

Hopefully we are treating this Hawthorn game like a cut-throat final.

Dare i say it but T Mac will play

Brown and Schache didn't get near the pill in the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back