Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if im intruding but I do have a serious question. I'm confused as I genuinely don't know if the port supporters want to win (keep ken) or to lose so you can sack Kern?
Any ways hope you guys bounce back but not too much šŸ˜‰
Cheers

I'm conditioned to always wanting Port to win, but if we lose it is the end of ken so I will cope.

On the other hand if we win and get to a Prelim, our notoriously vapid board will have to make a decision and that is usually peak hilarity. Until they make the wrong one.

The news item suggested he would play in the prelim if we win this week. But he was moving well and seemed happy so who knows?
Would be an incredibly massive in if it happens. I feel we can cover Houston, but covering both Houston and Farrell and doing well is not possible.

If Farrell seems good to go it would be tempting fate to play both him and Butters n the same team this week.

Set me straight.
The way your post was worded appeared as if Choco's record that Hinkley was breaking was 'games coached without making a Grand Final', not 'games coached at Port Adelaide'. That would have been wrong for a number of reasons. Makes more sense now that I've seen the AFL House tweet.

The way your post was worded appeared as if Choco's record that Hinkley was breaking was 'games coached without making a Grand Final', not 'games coached at Port Adelaide'. That would have been wrong for a number of reasons. Makes more sense now that I've seen the AFL House tweet.
I definitely could've written it better.

It was just the idea of equaling Choco possibly on his last game for us. I got excited.

Sorry if im intruding but I do have a serious question. I'm confused as I genuinely don't know if the port supporters want to win (keep ken) or to lose so you can sack Kern?
Cheers

Obviously every fan wants port to go on a run and get a flag. But the belief in that possibility is low so next best is Hinkley out and a fresh set of eyes.

if we can get that without the embarrassment of a straight sets exit or some other humiliation, then we will take it.

I just don't see what we can do to win this, given last week's episode.

Usually I take with me some glimmer of hope we can do it, but last week extinguished all hope for me.

The only interest for me now is Hawks by how much and the fallout from it.

If we are any chance of winning, the conman grifter has to start Rozee of half back, & play DBJ up front in exchange for McEntee (Dropped forever).

Bring in Williams for Lachie Jones who looks completely lost out there.

Banish Dixon to the local V8 car meetup for Marshall.

Sinn comes in for Narkle & Frankie makes way for Lorenz.

Agree with everything except for Williams. Can't imagine him against those fast Hawthorn small forwards.

I think the call of Rozee to half back would work, essentially give him the Nick Daicos role. He is not suited to the inside midfielder role, especially in a final.

The only issue that we have with your plan is who is the 2nd ruck? Maybe Lord for Ratugolea, who quite simply has done bugger all for a month but we had kept on winning.

Brad Hardie is a nuffie. Aliir was fine and Horne-Francis was running the game out harder than any Port player.

The problem was across the team with the same soft-arsed approach that we produced in the Bulldogs prelim.

It's been said again and again that after the massive pressure ratings we produced for the crows and Freo in consecutive games, why couldn't we do it last week when it mattered? There's the $64,000 question.

If it disappeared as magically as it did last week, maybe it will reappear this week.
Thats it. I have sat through many a game where we've been behind the scoreboard to some degree, but recently I've always felt that we were still in the game. From 10 minutes in on Thursday night, even when we managed to get in front, I never once felt like we were a real chance. The only hope I thought we had was if Geelong just ran out of tickets as the game wore on. But they never looked like it, and we certainly didn't make it hard for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being adamant that I wasn't going to this game I caved at the last minute and got a ticket.

End of the day, I think we've shown we don't have what it takes to win the premiership, so I'm hoping all the talk around here is true and that's enough to see Ken off at the end of the year.

But I still desperately want to win this game. Primarily because I'm concerned that losing this will just further cement a loser mentality in the playing group that could be impossible for Carr to shake in the next few years.

It's very sporting of Ken to choose not to coach Port Adelaide beyond Chocos record.
Choco finals record
01 1-1
02 1-2
03 1-2
04 3-0
05 0-1
07 2-1

8-7 overall with a GF

Whatā€™s Kenny average? 5-8 now?

Cheers
Forget what the losers say on here, every real supporter wants to win especially finals.
If we do lose that should be the end of Ken and thatā€™s at least something positive coming from a bad result.

Cheers
Ideally we'd like to win and sack Ken.

Choco finals record
01 1-1
02 1-2
03 1-2
04 3-0
05 0-1
07 2-1

8-7 overall with a GF

Whatā€™s Kenny average? 5-8 now?

'01 0-2 (straight sets bounced by Brisbane & Hawthorn).

'05 1-1 (smashed North first week in Elim final)

8-9 total for Choc

Yeah... every team port beats is apparently "putrid" or just garbage nonsense šŸ™„

What, were the Swans so bad at the time that North or Eagles could beat them by that much?

We're the dogs sooooo out of form and blah blah blah that Port dominated the alleged "In form team" that was also predicted at that time to win the flag?

Carlton at their home too? The 5 day excuse?

Turn it up. No different to the sack of crap Victorian media w***ers talking smack and never giving credit where it's due.
did you watch the game? go back and watch the game, the saints were horrible and we were slightly better than horrible.

not sure why your mentioning the other games.

how'd we back up after the brissy game last finals campaign?

is that you donna?

Agree with everything except for Williams. Can't imagine him against those fast Hawthorn small forwards.

I think the call of Rozee to half back would work, essentially give him the Nick Daicos role. He is not suited to the inside midfielder role, especially in a final.

The only issue that we have with your plan is who is the 2nd ruck? Maybe Lord for Ratugolea, who quite simply has done bugger all for a month but we had kept on winning.
Williams will get torched

I like rozee at half back but he needs to be prepared to defend and put his body on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back