Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this Hawthorn hype and chatter is building up to something...

Party Sparkle GIF by Cassie Dasilva

I think McEntee is a spud but this is simply not true. In the freo game he was tracked at the fastest player on the ground reaching 33.3Km/h, not sure how that is brutally slow. Maybe he slows right up when he is fatigued, but his top pace is pretty quick.
That was from behind the goals. Track him from any other angle and he'd be lucky to clock 3.33 km/h.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was from behind the goals. Track him from any other angle and he'd be lucky to clock 3.33 km/h.

He’s quick. He was one of the quickest over 20metres and the agility test at the draft combine.

The fact is not many afl footballers are slow these days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s quick. He was one of the quickest over 20metres and the agility test at the draft combine.

The fact is not many afl footballers are slow these days.

He's fast over 20m but seems pretty redundant when he can't get his hands on the ball.

He makes valid points but seriously fck David king, he can’t hide how aroused he is by our demise and in particular our midfield.

Kingy mean reeeeeeeee I hate analysis and accountability.

I don’t think we can play two horrendous games in a row.

We went from playing Demons, Cows and Freo - who are all overly defensive teams that basically flooded their defensive 50s and packed bodies around the stoppage, to having a week off and then came out playing a fast moving cats, with a contrasting game style - who could win clearance and opened the game up at every opportunity.

Hawthorn will do the same and will want to play fast, I don’t think we will be as slow out of the gates for this one.

He makes valid points but seriously fck David king, he can’t hide how aroused he is by our demise and in particular our midfield.

Maybe he likes highlighting how shit Ken is and Whately doesn’t care

There is just no path here to victory.

Hawks by whatever. Our combined losing margin over the two finals will be greater than our entire score in the two finals.

Hawks have been crafted by Mitchell to hit the premiership metrics. Post contest ground ball gets, they’re number one. Port are 16th. They’re better offensively and defensively.

Essentially they’re faster, work harder, move the ball quickly and with purpose, stretch the ground and score emphatically. They are dynamic and can change as needed. Arguably their best player is out, multiple key pillars in defence and attack are out (these weren’t that good to start with!), they’re younger, less experienced, playing away from home and yet port will not get near this hawthorn side. I can’t think of any moves we can make, players we can bring in, hell even if we could choose from our entire list, even players that have left over the past few years, we still don’t get this done.

Hawks have us beat tactically, for pace, for skill, for game style, for confidence.

Honestly our only hope is carnage injuries for the Hawks and even then I would still back them. Scratch that, our only hope is that the hawks forfeit.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a match, between finalists, like this. Where it is so uneven and poorly matched, where the higher placed side just has no chance whatsoever.

Kinda shows how important that Geelong game was and that maybe a wee bit of effort might have got us out of this miss. What am I kidding, Scott had us beat as well, the lack of effort just meant it was 80 rather than 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back