Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is just no path here to victory.

Hawks by whatever. Our combined losing margin over the two finals will be greater than our entire score in the two finals.

Hawks have been crafted by Mitchell to hit the premiership metrics. Post contest ground ball gets, they’re number one. Port are 16th. They’re better offensively and defensively.

Essentially they’re faster, work harder, move the ball quickly and with purpose, stretch the ground and score emphatically. They are dynamic and can change as needed. Arguably their best player is out, multiple key pillars in defence and attack are out (these weren’t that good to start with!), they’re younger, less experienced, playing away from home and yet port will not get near this hawthorn side. I can’t think of any moves we can make, players we can bring in, hell even if we could choose from our entire list, even players that have left over the past few years, we still don’t get this done.

Hawks have us beat tactically, for pace, for skill, for game style, for confidence.

Honestly our only hope is carnage injuries for the Hawks and even then I would still back them. Scratch that, our only hope is that the hawks forfeit.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a match, between finalists, like this. Where it is so uneven and poorly matched, where the higher placed side just has no chance whatsoever.

Kinda shows how important that Geelong game was and that maybe a wee bit of effort might have got us out of this miss. What am I kidding, Scott had us beat as well, the lack of effort just meant it was 80 rather than 30.

Based on this it wouldn’t have mattered if we beat Geelong or not, if hawthorn are as invincible as you say they are we would’ve had to beat them in the gf to win the flag anyway.

I honestly think this hawthorn wank fest on here is getting a bit too much. Yeah they will prob beat us and KH sucks but I don’t think I’ve experienced a supporter base in finals gush over an opposition team so much.

Maybe it’s part of the coping mechanism, but it’s a little overstated and getting a little bit repulsive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Based on this it wouldn’t have mattered if we beat Geelong or not, if hawthorn are as invincible as you say they are we would’ve had to beat them in the gf to win the flag anyway.

I honestly think this hawthorn wank fest on here is getting a bit too much. Yeah they will prob beat us and KH sucks but I don’t think I’ve experienced a supporter base in finals gush over an opposition team so much.

Maybe it’s part of the coping mechanism, but it’s a little overstated and getting a little bit repulsive for me.

Its a bit like the GWS Kingsley wankfest, it becomes nauseating after time. Yes stinks is crap but do we have to dribble on about the magnificence of our opponents. Think the loser mentality is spreading right through all elements of the club and supporters.

I would drop Dixon and Ratugolea and bring in Marshall. Have JHF and Rozee rotating at FF.
Lots of super quick dirty ball or lowering eyes if obvious target into the forward lines. None of that crap bombing in long and high. And as a commentator said ( can’t remember who) make a huge thing of giving them no uncontested marks.

“Mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy”

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

I would drop Dixon and Ratugolea and bring in Marshall. Have JHF and Rozee rotating at FF.
Lots of super quick dirty ball or lowering eyes if obvious target into the forward lines. None of that crap bombing in long and high. And as a commentator said ( can’t remember who) make a huge thing of giving them no uncontested marks.

“Mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy”

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”

Hawks by whatever. Our combined losing margin over the two finals will be greater than our entire score in the two finals.

Hawks have been crafted by Mitchell to hit the premiership metrics. Post contest ground ball gets, they’re number one. Port are 16th. They’re better offensively and defensively.

Essentially they’re faster, work harder, move the ball quickly and with purpose, stretch the ground and score emphatically. They are dynamic and can change as needed. Arguably their best player is out, multiple key pillars in defence and attack are out (these weren’t that good to start with!), they’re younger, less experienced, playing away from home and yet port will not get near this hawthorn side. I can’t think of any moves we can make, players we can bring in, hell even if we could choose from our entire list, even players that have left over the past few years, we still don’t get this done.

Hawks have us beat tactically, for pace, for skill, for game style, for confidence.

Honestly our only hope is carnage injuries for the Hawks and even then I would still back them. Scratch that, our only hope is that the hawks forfeit.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a match, between finalists, like this. Where it is so uneven and poorly matched, where the higher placed side just has no chance whatsoever.

Kinda shows how important that Geelong game was and that maybe a wee bit of effort might have got us out of this miss. What am I kidding, Scott had us beat as well, the lack of effort just meant it was 80 rather than 30.

Hawks are and have been good this season no doubt. You could see it last season just waiting to click. However, what you wrote is horse shit.

Believing port can't win is a load of shit. They can and will. So stop being such a fk wit and support them because they are better than Hawks both as a team, as individuals and as a club.

Do it for Kenny

This is stupid. It's either one of two things
Players say they don't like to see the hate on Ken and they back him but

1) they don't mean it and they're saying it because he's still employed and they obviously can't say it in media

2) they do mean it, but if they do then you cannot question their efforts because then they'd be fighting for him but despite that we lose by 80 points in QF which tells me that we have a huge fundamental coaching issue for which Ken is responsible.

How does the administration not see this?

Dixon and McEntee likely to stay in the team and Marshall back in. Ken truly choosing to go down with his favourite servants.
For mine, if this is Kenny's last game I would prefer to see him go out in his way, that is, playing his gold cards, playing Jed, some injured blokes, a couple of players out of position to keep them in the team.

Lets get that high press to the goal line.

Lets see a hobbled bench by half time.

I'm happy to bring back Lycett, Jonas and McKenzie for the game.

I get what you're saying but it's been 12 years of mediocre football, playing for Kenny and not the jumper and taking shots at the supporters just because they want some accountability.

That's repulsive to me.

Its a bit like the GWS Kingsley wankfest, it becomes nauseating after time. Yes stinks is crap but do we have to dribble on about the magnificence of our opponents. Think the loser mentality is spreading right through all elements of the club and supporters.
What I think is more nauseating is losing a home prelim to GSW last year.

The loser mentality is obviously at the club and has been for 12 years or so. The fans are just reaping the benefits of that loser mentality and watching team after team ascend over us.

What I think is more nauseating is losing a home prelim to GSW last year.

The loser mentality is obviously at the club and has been for 12 years or so. The fans are just reaping the benefits of that loser mentality and watching team after team ascend over us.

Even more embarrassing when you consider GSW are a basketball team 😜

Steph as a small forward in the GWS side woulda still scored 4 on our defence though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My final guess:
DBJ goes back forward to displace F Evans of Jed McEntee.
Sinn (the other choice is Williams, but Sinn will keep up with the small forwards) to the back lines.
Dixon looks well and truely out of form, is cooked or whatever. If he is dropped (and he should be), then my vote goes to Dante to come in as we need a ruck support.
Esava or Todd is the choice. I really don’t envy that choice. I am leaning towards Todd (god help me).

Dixon and McEntee likely to stay in the team and Marshall back in. Ken truly choosing to go down with his favourite servants.

Heard Tredreas comments re Sinn in and Dixon out. Leave Evans in drop one of Narkle or cheese DBJ forward, also Marshall in.

Does the footy committee recommend team selection and then Ken chooses what he wants?

Is Tredrea giving his thoughts as that’s what he’d do? As in kinda saying when Ken leaves Dixon in and it all goes to shit ‘I told ya so’?

Dixon shouldn’t play, if it was a regular season game he’d be dropped.

My final guess:
DBJ goes back forward to displace F Evans of Jed McEntee.
Sinn (the other choice is Williams, but Sinn will keep up with the small forwards) to the back lines.
Dixon looks well and truely out of form, is cooked or whatever. If he is dropped (and he should be), then my vote goes to Dante to come in as we need a ruck support.
Esava or Todd is the choice. I really don’t envy that choice. I am leaning towards Todd (god help me).

You just know Ken is leaving Dixon in.

He didn’t bring him down from Gold Coast to sit in the stands ya know….

It’s not them. It’s us. If we play like Thursday, we lose to North. People think it will happen again.

I get what you're saying but it's been 12 years of mediocre football, playing for Kenny and not the jumper and taking shots at the supporters just because they want some accountability.

That's repulsive to me.

Bit of a difference between accountability and wanking off over the opposition.

I don't think people are "gushing" over them. I think the stark contrast is just so apparent. See my previous post. It doesn't hurt that they're playing exciting footy that seems to be holding up in September. Tends to make people wonder would could have been / could be if we had some new ideas and played to our strengths.

The more I think about it today is our game plan designed around our weaknesses. Were are basically a midfield centre stoppage team. Win the centre clearance, goal or lock in it the forward half and milk the clock. Because we have holes everywhere due to not bottoming out and this is the way to protect the holes. Hence why finals and top 8 sides we get bashed they are too good for the simple game plan but it’s enough to keep us in it? Don’t know but just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back