Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the fitness and medical team need to go.

I don't even care if you put Boak in the position, second consecutive year our players are cooked in the finals
Is it really that bad? Perennially injured Faz and Burton aside it's freak injuries to SPP and Finlayson and a collision injury to Butters.

A player with a combination of the better assets of Sinn and Williams would be nice as a replacement for either of Houston or Farrell, the first named is yards quicker than the other but he can be an unreliable kick and also be a bit flaky under pressure, and the 2nd can take a saving mark and has usually reliable disposal, but he couldn't run out of sight in a London fog at midnight which could be a major problem against a young quick team like the hawkers.

West Coast won their flag in 2018 without Gaff, Nic Nat and Sheppard. Their system and mindset from the coaches didn't allow injuries to key players to be an excuse. Granted they got a little bit lucky with one MCG tenant Collingwood knocking out the red hot MCG tenant Richmond. They effectively played with a man down with Daniel Venables non-involvement of 4 disposals. Other clubs have won flags with injuries too.

A player with a combination of the better assets of Sinn and Williams would be nice as a replacement for either of Houston or Farrell, the first named is yards quicker than the other but he can be an unreliable kick and also be a bit flaky under pressure, and the 2nd can take a saving mark and has usually reliable disposal, but he couldn't run out of sight in a London fog at midnight which could be a major problem against a young quick team like the hawkers.

I mean, Sinn could improve his disposal and composure under pressure if he was given the chance ahead of has-beens and never-weres.

Is it really that bad? Perennially injured Faz and Burton aside it's freak injuries to SPP and Finlayson and a collision injury to Butters.

Perennially injured Farrell is one of the stranger posts I've seen on this board for a guy who has played 44 games over the past two seasons.

My preference would be Sinn > Cluz > Williams

Visentini in for Dixon (Sweet can rest forward sometimes)
Clurey in for Burton (Free up Aliir)
Narkle in for F.Evans
Sinn in for McEntee (DBJ goes forward)

Lorenz sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if it turns ugly do you think the club would be directing the broadcasters to not pan to ken in the final few minutes and do you think ken will have the guts to go out on the ground afterwards or run for the sheds like he did last year?

Perennially injured Farrell is one of the stranger posts I've seen on this board for a guy who has played 44 games over the past two seasons.
Guessing you've only read one or two posts then.

Sure, he may have 'only' missed 6 games in the past 2 years, but missed 6 in 2022, 8 in 2021, and 6 in 2020

annnnd we most likely bring an 8 game sinn into a cut throat semi against a high paced hawks outfit when josh hasnt had a afl standard game since round 16. Where he most likely shits himself and isnt accustomed to the pace

When i said before our last game home and away game against freo it would be a perfect opportunity to play him instead of mcentee for this EXACT reason. Funnily enough mcentee probably is an out today too

FFS what have we all done to deserve this. Every fckn year everything just falls apart for us at the end of the year. Why can't we have nice things?

Why is it when we get a few injuries or suspension it seems to be all the same position. It's like when Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson were all out and we had a banged up Dixon in and had to move Esava from defence.

Obviously marshall comes in and we move Esava back to defence, which frees up allir and sinn also comes in.

In: Marshall & Sinn.
Out: McEntee & Burton.

Burton out better not mean DBJ stays back. We already saw that didn't work, and with 4 tall forwards, we need another small who can influence scoring forward.

Bring in 2 defenders. Sinn, Williams, Clurey - whoever. We're most likely losing by 10 goals anyway, so at least try to keep the best structure.

I'd say it's worth rolling the dice on Williams as one of them, despite his lack of speed. Just so we have an accurate short kick in the back 50 - and someone besides a mid-season draftee to take kickouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back