Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are the thoughts on Burton being dropped?
Sinn being selected?
Does it still point to DBJ playing back?

None of it sits comfortable with me.
Burton did his calf.

Rucci reminded me today, the umpires are supposed to award frees to injured players that are targeted, I wonder if they still remember that rule
Who's injured? The game hasn't started yet. That rule was due to Reiwoldt getting targeted immediately after an injury before he was able to get off the ground.

Butters has been cleared of injury and selected to play.

Our Finals Record in the Hinkley Era (Ranked by Wins, then Flags, then GFs, then Win%):

Port sit:
  • 11th for wins
  • 15th for win % (With one of the teams below us having not played a final, so we're 3rd last of teams that have played)

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Geel11141244%
Haw1013391%
Rich1063363%
Syd9120343%
GWS980153%
Coll871253%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
PA580038%
Adel430157%
Freo450144%
NM430057%
Carlton330050%
St K120033%
Ess04000%
GC00000%

Our Finals record since 2015:

Port sit:
  • 15th for most finals wins, given the win% is less than Carlton.
  • 16th for win percentage, with one team not having even played, so effectively 2nd last.
  • Remember this includes 4 top 4 finishes & 1x5th

winslossesflagsgfsWin %
Rich1043371%
Geel10101250%
GWS980153%
Coll861257%
WC751258%
WB761254%
Syd690240%
Bris670146%
Melb551150%
Haw411180%
Adel430157%
Freo220050%
NM220050%
Carlton230040%
PA260025%
St K120033%
Ess03000%
GC0000#DIV/0!
Just will point out hawks have lost 3 finals (1st week 2015 and the straight sets in 2018)

Write it down.

Hinkley is a Cat. He has plenty of lives to spare. We have witnessed it many times before.

We are going to win this one. Then we will play in Sydney with a “mission accomplished” mindset.

It’s just how Hinkley does things.

I am highlighting how dreadful our depth is to pick 2 players with absolutely zero form and zero intensity.
I would pick Visentini and Williams before them two.
The depth definitely isn’t there , hasn’t been for years.
Williams has gone backwards this year and has shown zero in the Maggie’s.
He’s a reasonable kick but lacks pace for AFL.
I’m not a Sinn fan but at least he’s quick so I’d give him the nod over Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we will smack them by over 40 points. I like the Marshall option over Jed and I hope Sinn has a breakout game. Only concern is our ability to check their smaller forwards.
Extremely long odds of Sinn having a breakout game. He’s coming in with no match play for three weeks (Marshall even longer), and no AFL form all year.

Is Rat the sub? Surly they won’t go 4 talls and surely plan A is not play him back as there is no one for him to play on. He is quite versatile and can cover a lot of positions. Or maybe we do something nuts like make Dixon the sub to come on at 3/4 time to ruck the last quarter.

Or will it be our usual plan with the sub - to replace one rubbish small forward with another one in the last quarter.

Is Rat the sub? Surly they won’t go 4 talls and surely plan A is not play him back as there is no one for him to play on. He is quite versatile and can cover a lot of positions. Or maybe we do something nuts like make Dixon the sub to come on at 3/4 time to ruck the last quarter.

Or will it be our usual plan with the sub - to replace one rubbish small forward with another one in the last quarter.
Talls suck as subs

Narkle has been sub in his last 6 games and in 8 of his 11 games this year. There's no reason to suspect that won't be the case again tomorrow night.

They'll start with all of the talls and if it starts to go awry they'll pull the trigger on the sub early.

What are the thoughts on Burton being dropped?
Sinn being selected?
Does it still point to DBJ playing back?

None of it sits comfortable with me.
I like both of them.
**** Burton.
Bring in Sinn and should have been brought in against Freo.
Dixon should have been dropped. Only selection I have an issue with.

I reckon we will smack them by over 40 points. I like the Marshall option over Jed and I hope Sinn has a breakout game. Only concern is our ability to check their smaller forwards.

You might be looking at this through rose coloured glasses but It was a nice post to break up everyone going on about how good hawthorn are and how shit we are.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back