Preview Changes/Preview - Round 19 vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for the most part the ' if they played in Melbourne' bullshit is bullshit. But if Pav played in Melbourne he'd be so much higher thought of. One of the most complete players ever with Goodes

Goodes is insanely underrated for the most part because of the racism stuff. Was literally a better Kouta but no-one talks about it outside Sydney people.

I was absolutely shattered also, I remember instantly thinking about how boring our games were gonna be without him. He was the reason I used go to the footy whenever I could to watch us back then and haven't been as much since, you don't get talent and entertainment like Jeff very often in your lifetime , he was so box office.
He was so ahead of his time the way he played the game.

His 1998 and 2000 season were absolutely phenomenal.

Not forgetting that in the 1998 finals series against Adelaide, he kicked 6 goals on a Norm Smith medallist in Andrew McLeod who was tagging him right from the very start.

Extraordinary talent.

still remember bursting into tears and ripping my Jeff Farmer MOTY poster off my wall when he left. Wouldve been 7 or 8 at the time. My absolute favourite player of all time.

still remember bursting into tears and ripping my Jeff Farmer MOTY poster off my wall when he left. Wouldve been 7 or 8 at the time. My absolute favourite player of all time.
Lol I remember my 3 favourites in the early 2000s were Slater, Warne and the whiz in footy. Must have been in the space of 2 years Warney was banned, Farmer left and Slater was dropped 😂

Edit- yep. Slater dropped 2001, Farmer traded 2002, Warney banned 2003. No wonder I'm such a miserable campaigner 😂

Lol I remember my 3 favourites in the early 2000s were Slater, Warne and the whiz in footy. Must have been in the space of 2 years Warney was banned, Farmer left and Slater was dropped 😂

Edit- yep. Slater dropped 2001, Farmer traded 2002, Warney banned 2003. No wonder I'm such a miserable campaigner 😂
My old man was working construction on Docklands stadium when it was getting built, after it was mostly done he took me in to have a look and the Aussie cricket team was having a net session, Steve Waugh hit a ball over the fence, my Dad asked Warney to sign it- the security guard told us to leave, Warney told him to piss off and signed it for us.

Still can't beleive he's gone.

This is the greatest moment in Australian Sports.

I used to have the Shane Warner spin set, was 2 little pads you set up and stumps. One was outside leg the other outside off and they were called wrong un and leggie lol. Peak 90s with a VCR of him bowling em and telling you to do the same. I used to be able to bowl a good wtongun before I got old and sore

I was shattered when he left too. I went to a couple of the clubs junior clinics in the late 90s as a little kid and I think I got Farmers signature 3 times? Remember him looking at me like ‘wtf’ when I came up and got it a second time at one of them 😂

Might have told this story before but no lie, the stubby that the English player picked up and took to the umpire that stopped the match was thrown by me.

For what it's worth, I'm not so much of a campaigner that I tried to hit him but instead tried lobbing it just over his head and land a metre in front of him, it was dead eye perfect. He picked it up, turned to us and shook his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have told this story before but no lie, the stubby that the English player picked up and took to the umpire that stopped the match was thrown by me.
Ah, so it's your fault that we have to drink watery, mid-strength rubbish out of plastic cups at the footy :madv1:

Ah, so it's your fault that we have to drink watery, mid-strength rubbish out of plastic cups at the footy :madv1:
I dont think you were allowed to drink stubbies back then either, we snuck them in. MCG security great as always.

I dont think you were allowed to drink stubbies back then either, we snuck them in. MCG security great as always.
Good point, was tinnies at that stage IIRC

Good point, was tinnies at that stage IIRC
It was really England's fault for putting on such a shit game, we cruised to victory and it was boring as **** so the crowd went a bit feral and good on them. The amount of shit you had to dodge yourself on the bottom tier from people throwing shit in the top tiers when the Mexican wave came past kept you on your toes in the bay.

It was really England's fault for putting on such a shit game, we cruised to victory and it was boring as **** so the crowd went a bit feral and good on them. The amount of shit you had to dodge yourself on the bottom tier from people throwing shit in the top tiers when the Mexican wave came past kept you on your toes in the bay.

At 2005 international rules at marvel I remember a mate copped a full hot pie in the back of his head when the wave came around. Was funny as **** but would have felt awful for him.

At 2005 international rules at marvel I remember a mate copped a full hot pie in the back of his head when the wave came around. Was funny as **** but would have felt awful for him.
Impressive that the pie maintained its structural integrity until the moment of impact

Impressive that the pie maintained its structural integrity until the moment of impact
Best thing to throw from the top deck were rolls of receipt paper, had a mate who used to flog them from his weekend job as a kid, you could launch them to 20ms out from goal from the top deck of the G if you were behind the goal square. Used to make a hell of a mess as they unwound when you chucked them.

I used to have a long coat with ripped lining and it was amazing how many bottles I could pack in there. Events security must have thought I was a very fat, permanently cold person who jangled when they walked. Nobody raised an eyebrow when I went to the PMs 11 in 39 degrees dressed in ankle-length wool

The body may fail but the pie remains eternal. I fell down a full flight of concrete stairs in the members one QB match. Sprained ankle, broken arm but the pie held aloft came through it fine. I wouldn’t agree to go to the hospital either until I’d finished my pie. Mind you I was quite drunk so it took a while to notice the broken arm thing . I used my opposite side to squirt the sauce from the squishy packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back