Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea not anymore, their best defender and general back there is out. Plus he takes majority of the kick ins as well. Lever as the #1 is utter trash. Dixon or Rat will smash him. Todd could get quite lucky here, getting a 3rd defender. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him kick a bag.
Steven May didn't play at Adelaide Oval earlier in the year.

Would've preferred to see Todd getting a game in the SANFL because of the length of time he's been out.

But he's the best option to replace Georgiades. If Burton had shown any form in the SANFL would've suggested playing him up front. But he hasn't.

Lord, Scully or Big Ivan aren't a valid option to play in a forward line with Dixon and Esava

Mitch’s injury was out of our hands, but his choice of replacement certainly wasn’t, & it’s a diabolical one that will likely cost us a Top 4 spot.

We pick a guy who has missed a whole month of football, is down on confidence, in horrible form, & can barely win a contest.

In Ken we trust.

Mitch’s injury was out of our hands, but his choice of replacement certainly wasn’t, & it’s a diabolical one that will likely cost us a Top 4 spot.

We pick a guy who has missed a whole month of football, is down on confidence, in horrible form, & can barely win a contest.

In Ken we trust.
Who would you have brought in?

I personally don't think Hinkley survives another really poor showing in finals. Especially another straight sets, or more home final losses. I think he is far from safe.
I’d say if we don’t make the GF that would be the end of Ken.
If we happened to make the GF win/lose he will be around next year for sure and possibly longer depending on how we go next year.
The goal is to win the flag and I don’t care if Humphrey B Bear is coaching.

Right now my focus is on us winning and keep winning.
It might not happen but as supporters all you have is hope, there is no guarantees for success for any club either now or in the future.
At the end of the season there is only 1 winner and 17 losers.

Probably a good thing you're not in charge of selection then.

View attachment 2072584

Marshall is poor in the contest & will be spent by halftime. You can’t miss a month of football with a hip issue & be expected to influence the game in a positive way. It’s just not going to happen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a good thing you're not in charge of selection then.

View attachment 2072584
These stats show that despite Marshall having been in the team more than twice as long, with three times as many games this season, with almost twice the average disposals (probably partly because teammates are more used to kicking to him), he still kicks almost the same number of goals per game as Lord. Kinda damning stats, but not a surprise to most of us.

Typical ****ing Hinkley decision though, well done *******.

Need to also consider the fringe players - perhaps one on each line - like Marshall, Narkle possibly Burton getting some AFL minutes at some point in the next few weeks.

Only have 3 SANFL games to go, then if we go deep there will no competitive games for the Bs.

Maybe the 4 week break is what Marshall needed to get his game back to where it should be. I guess we will find out soon enough.

But if he does reclaim form, what would we do to the forward line that has been working well will less talls

Marshall's insta selection is no longer a thing. Since he has been out, he has been surpassed. Let's see what that does to him mentally. Does he lift to the challenge? Or does he shit the bed and play nervous and panicked.

Marshall being in is not the issue for me, it is Georgiades being out. Hopefully we aren't rushing Marshall just because Georgiades is out.

I still think Marshall is a decent player, he is far better than Lord. Needs some confidence though.
You look at the players we have to replace MG.
Marshall, Lord,Scully and that’s about it unless you go small and bring in Jed😂.

View attachment 2072825
“If it wasn’t for our supporters, we would have won a bunch of flags”.
Our fickle supporters stopped the Magpies winning another 20 premierships by demanding excellence and success, and by calling out poor performances, instead of being happy clappers over the decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back