Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t a lot of burtons loss of form due to injury too? bone bruising in his foot?

he had a decent break and hopefully he is over it and can perform much better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Early season he couldn’t bend over to tie his shoes.
You just don’t know what sort of injuries players are playing with.

Here at open training. First thing I see is ken and his ugly mug giving esava goal kicking advice
To be fair Esava needs as much goal kicking advice as possible. I have complete faith that Esava will win the contested mark and zero faith he’ll then kick a goal. It will be the difference between winning and losing against the crows as Fogarty and Thilthorpe both have great accuracy.

Ehh. Burton can still be a threat up forward with his kicking ability. Any mark within 60 he can go the distance.

Although a bit of rain makes for a slippery wet one. I’m thinking Burton might even be sub and we could go with Narkle and Frankie

To be fair Esava needs as much goal kicking advice as possible. I have complete faith that Esava will win the contested mark and zero faith he’ll then kick a goal. It will be the difference between winning and losing against the crows as Fogarty and Thilthorpe both have great accuracy.
5.18 to 12.6 last showdown tells a story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess I have someone to boo Saturday night. A flog of the highest order. I have all of my teeth and far more functioning brain cells than this flog.

That’s cause we dont duck our heads when we see an opponent coming Josh.

I feel there has been a lot of good decision making in the last month or so but this is a bad omen bringing back Burton.

He could light it up but not the best.

Last edited:

I'd start Ratugolea at half forward and have him running towards the goal. He should always end up 15 metres out directly in front.

Watching him run away from the goal on a angle is depressing.

Burton has had huge problems being unaccountable for his man for a long time.

This year sometimes he's looked like he doesn't give a stuff about his direct opponent who waltzes into multiple scoring involvements.

Last week we brought back Marshall who had had a soft year and now another offender in this regard.

If Burton goes forward, the Cows will only have to put a decent defender on him to clamp him down.

If Burton gets free, he has such an awesome boot that he can reek havoc but he's not the hardest worker on the ground.

It may also show that they haven't given up on Marshall for the year.

Hinkleys biggest fan the Volcano tipped the crows this morning, and there's no way a loss in this game can due to "the list"

He is choc full of sh!t old Kane

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The sad thing about this is everybody is tipping an upset..

Thats how badly we are thought of in showdowns.. I remember when we would almost always be favorites. And when we were the better side we just went out an won, we would go in confident and just belt them now we almost go in scared, too scared to make a mistake or lose.

Thats all on hinkley.

If he loses, for a 4th time in a row, it should be the end of him at the end of the year, because it will be embarrassing to have them slag us off before game and then still beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back