Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubtful. I'm probably the most cynical bastard on this forum and I'm not turning on Burgo.
Burgo is going fine

We're running around like headless chooks just as frantically at the end of games as we are at the start

He does this when he can’t mount a reasonable argument to support his belief. One issue is he’s a massive Sloane fan and he can’t mount any counter-arguments, so does what he’s doing abs then accuses others. He’s done this a lot.
Classic 1970.

FWIW I don't want Sloane in the team, but he doesn't pick himself now does he.

Doubtful. I'm probably the most cynical bastard on this forum and I'm not turning on Burgo.
You wouldn't even be top 10 lol.

He's the guy who's gonna pass Sloane fit though, if he rules him out it doesn't matter how badly Rory wants to play.

1.5 says our disposal is abhorrent, which is why we slow the game down.
Therefore why slow the game down? Get back to allowing the players to play their natural instinctive football, can't be any worse than against the Pies.

Other than Cox and Perkins, I reckon he's played more games than the rest of the top 10 picks put together. (JUH, Philips, McDonald, Campbell, DGB, Hollands, Reid)

There's nothing wrong with dropping a player if he's not getting a kick, especially if it's not beneficial to his development. Perhaps we have learnt from Chayce Jones.

But that's the thing, he played well last year and got games and now we have dropped him after one game.
I was hoping he would keep developing and cement his spot in the team this year

Therefore why slow the game down? Get back to allowing the players to play their natural instinctive football, can't be any worse than against the Pies.
I agree.

I think we need to slow the game down when the swing in momentum comes. Control it for 5 minutes and then go again.

Easy to say in hindsight, but you need to think we were all in and so close to that flag we have all been dreaming about for the last 20 years.

Sloane would have had other bigger offers from Vic clubs (probably the Roos), he was the vice captain, one of our best players and we'd just lost Dangerfield, picked up Gibbs, so if it comes down to 4 v 5 years, you throw the 5th year on there and worry about it later, hopefully with a premiership cup.

How do you think the Tigers 7 year deal for Martin is looking now? The last year or 2 of a long year deal is always too many, but clubs do that so they can secure the player for the first few years.

Grundy, Coniglio, Martin, Franklin, Daniher (oh wait, that was only a 3 year deal right, not 5), Fyfe...all these guys will be struggling to make the team in their last year, but they'll all be picked.

This was near the end of the 2018 season and we weren’t likely to make finals that year. We had done our dash.

Any deal greater than 4 years is just nuts without certain trigger clauses protecting both parties.

Exactly, why go to a high possession game when your disposal isn't that good.
Slow ball movement in theory means you're less chance of giving it away.

Our skills are that bad we can't even manage that.

Plus our tall forward setup even with RT just weren't providing moving targets when we did move it quick.

This was near the end of the 2018 season and we weren’t likely to make finals that year. We had done our dash.

Any deal greater than 4 years is just nuts without certain trigger clauses protecting both parties.
It was prior to rd 17 and sure we weren't going to make it.

What is Rory says 'nah, it's to got to be 5 years or I'm going'. We still believe we are a chance to go deep into finals in 2019.
If it was half way through 2019, I doubt he'd have got even a 4 year deal then.

Plus our tall forward setup even with RT just weren't providing moving targets when we did move it quick.
It’s a stupid game plan if you can’t kick. Not only do you turn it over, but if you get it forward the opposition have clogged up your forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a stupid game plan if you can’t kick. Not only do you turn it over, by the time you get it forward the opposition have clogged up your forward line.
Also, it's not a premiership winning formula.

If we are going to lose, would prefer to do it with a game plan that should be successful in the future.

Also, it's not a premiership winning formula.

If we are going to lose, would prefer to do it with a game plan that should be successful in the future.
It's possible it could work, but you've gotta do it very, very well.

It’s a stupid game plan if you can’t kick. Not only do you turn it over, but if you get it forward the opposition have clogged up your forward line.
Our forwards don't move at the best of times, not the tall ones anyway.

That's the other thing about our gameplan I don't understand, everyone in front of the ball is standing in one spot with an arm in the air, with no movement or leads happening.
It's seems a weird way to move the ball forward

Wasn’t he supposed to have come back from the off season in ripping nick? One of the stars of the track who was flying

Where did the confidence go?
Maybe they meant his confidence in the teams skills and game plan was down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back