Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Burns said Rory knows his body as you do after 10 years in the system.

However, he felt it before the game last week, said he was all good, injured himself with his first kick, was impeded and couldn't run, but decided to keep playing until the game was done and then let the kid come on!

Doesn't sound like someone who knows his body or has faith in his team mates. Not really what I call leadership.

Sounds like FIGJAM behaviour to me.

Based on what Burns said, TT is too down on confidence to come back this week. He'll be playing SANFL for a few weeks yet.

Berg needs to be dropped, that's where I'd move Murray forward and Frampton back.
I’ll be very surprised if they did this, it won’t happen, himmelburg will keep his spot until tex can play next week who is the only other player we’ve got that can chop out the ruck. Bookmark it. I hate our match committee.

So….Burns basically said TT and Milera will not be in the mix for Friday, who the fk out of Himmelburg and Fog is being dropped? I will fume if Himmelburg is still in and its more likely the case so he can play 2nd ruck….we are so fked…
Milera shouldn't play, stupid to pick him in the first place.

This is code for Sloane can hardly run but he will pick himself as he's the captain. The club talking up Sloane as though he is critical to our team is pretty comical. Are they scared to come out and tell it how it is?

Probably are scared, they signed him up to a moronic long term high dollar contract, would make them look even more incompetent than they already appear. Sloane is on match winner money, he wasn't anywhere near the form to warrant that money when signed in 2018 or even in 2017 when he was getting tagged into oblivion.

So….Burns basically said TT and Milera will not be in the mix for Friday, who the fk out of Himmelburg and Fog is being dropped? I will fume if Himmelburg is still in and its more likely the case so he can play 2nd ruck….we are so fked…
Milera does need more sanfl games

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t he supposed to have come back from the off season in ripping nick? One of the stars of the track who was flying

Where did the confidence go?
Tt could barely move for the whole game in round 1. Looked like a slug in treacle. Maybe he has long covid effects or something. If he's struggling to move in the way they want him to and the way he needs to then so be it you're only doing damage playing him in the seniors. To the team and him.
Similar with milera
Im hoping that in a couple of weeks they are both back and firing. Because they are both easily best 22 when they are. It's better than having a gold pass system
Sloane should be subjected to the same standards and be left out this week, but my confidence is low on that one

Fogarty is 2 years younger and actually has ability. Berg is just a donkey.
Berg is a straight delist. Agree.
Fog would be useful in a team with better forward movement. I think the best outcome for us from fog is tradebait so we can keep searching.

Berg is a straight delist. Agree.
Fog would be useful in a team with better forward movement. I think the best outcome for us from fog is tradebait so we can keep searching.
I agree but i would be absolutely gutted if Fog was traded and become a quality forward in a good team.

If himmelberg is listed the membership is getting microwaved.

It was funny hearing Scott Burns say young midfielders can step up straight away and play AFL when we have never let a player do that in recent history

I agree but i would be absolutely gutted if Fog was traded and become a quality forward in a good team.
I'd be happy for him. He's not right for us just now because he simply cannot win his own ball.
Fog might end up a nice piece in a mature and functional forward line.
Would you trade him for a second rounder?

I'd be happy for him. He's not right for us just now because he simply cannot win his own ball.

nope....I don't want to trade him, I want to keep him, I think if we persist with him and once we have some more class in the midfield delivering the ball into F50, he will come good. But he really needs to not give away free kicks like he did last weekend, i really hope he is in the team this week rather than himmelburg....

You are 100% correct - it was the right move at the time. How could you not sign up Sloane after what he produced in 2016/2017?

Also - I don't think it was a massively shit year in 2018. Especially after what we have seen in 2020/2021.

We missed the 8 by one game in 2018 and were only 3 wins off of top 4 despite our "Awareness crisis" and all of the disastrous stuff off field.
True about the on field situation but the off field stuff plus the camp it was a shit year for us

Yes but I'm not sure they would get a 2nd rounder for him. My concern with Fogarty is his temperament and lack of contested marking or crashing a pack as we have seen Gollant do from only 2 games. Fogarty constantly shows frustration when losing a contest and constantly gives away stupid free kicks. An Afl player needs to have mental toughness and maturity which he lacks.

Our major problem is that we don't have players that can jump at the ball in the forward line other than Gollant. That why I would play Murray up forward with Walker (when eligible) and give him licence to go for his marks and at least bring the ball to ground. Murray's decision making down back is questionable and therefore I feel he can be better utilised up forward. I would play one of either
Borlase/McAsey/Frampton down back in Murray's spot. Borlase seems to have the most potential out of the three imo. A forward line of Walker, Gollant, Murray, Rachele, Cook, with a resting young mid is a better mix. Once Walker retires Thilthorpe could take over that spot. If they move Frampton, Himmelberg, Fogarty on they may need to trade or draft another KPF.

Yes but I'm not sure they would get a 2nd rounder for him. My concern with Fogarty is his temperament and lack of contested marking or crashing a pack as we have seen Gollant do from only 2 games. Fogarty constantly shows frustration when losing a contest and constantly gives away stupid free kicks. An Afl player needs to have mental toughness and maturity which he lacks.

Our major problem is that we don't have players that can jump at the ball in the forward line other than Gollant. That why I would play Murray up forward with Walker (when eligible) and give him licence to go for his marks and at least bring the ball to ground. Murray's decision making down back is questionable and therefore I feel he can be better utilised up forward. I would play one of either
Borlase/McAsey/Frampton down back in Murray's spot. Borlase seems to have the most potential out of the three imo. A forward line of Walker, Gollant, Murray, Rachele, Cook, with a resting young mid is a better mix. Once Walker retires Thilthorpe could take over that spot. If they move Frampton, Himmelberg, Fogarty on they may need to trade or draft another KPF.
I’m pretty sure fog is signed until end of 2023 doubt they will move him on this year. Surely frampton and himmelburg are done for though.

Soligo will be out with hately sub. Laird probably for a forward with Schoey or Sloane going there. Or Sloane misses, which is unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back