Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the three questions that come out of your comment above are:

(1) Do you believe he has a chance to deliver on his potential in his 43 games (52 goals) as a 22 year old big man coming into his 5th season?
(2) How long have other players of his type taken to start delivering?
(3) Who is he standing in the way of?

I know you are hard headed on Fog, and that you see everything he does as being useless ... but actually he was good in Game 1, and not good in Game 2. Patience is tough for supporters, but what exactly do we have to lose here?
1 - He has had abundant opportunities. He has not shown one iota of improvement between the day he was drafted and his game against Collingwood last weekend.
2 - Tex showed more in his 1st AFL season (2nd if you include the year he spent in the SANFL) than Fog has in his entire career. Few KPFs come into the AFL system with a fully developed physique, the way that Fogarty did. Most are beanpoles, like Thilthorpe, who need time to grow into their bodies before they can start to make a real impact. Fogarty didn't have this handicap - he was a man mountain the day he was drafted, and nothing has changed in that regard. It's not unreasonable therefore that he should have started to deliver earlier than those beanpoles who needed to mature physically.
3 - Currently Thilthorpe. I have previously posted multiple times about our lack of decent KPF talent - we have one player on the verge of retirement, 3x donkeys, and a 19yo kid who is still growing into his body. Top-flight midfielders and KPFs are our two dire needs at present.

He wasn't good in Game 1. He showed glimpses in the 1st Q of Game 1, but was completely useless thereafter. His Game 2 was arguably worse than Berg's, though we're talking the difference between ratings of 0.5 and a 0.45 out of 10 for the game. Both were abysmal.

Fogarty makes me angry. More accurately, he frustrates me. He has so much potential, yet when it comes to the actual game, he's so ****ing useless most of the time. Not only that, but he hasn't shown one iota of improvement across his 43 AFL games. Berg has limited talent, and he's playing to those limitations. Fog has far greater talent. Little is expected of those with limited talent. Much more is expected of those with greater talent - and Fogarty continues to fail in meeting those expectations.

Sub for Soligo ??

I'd be slightly surprised and very disappointed if there was one change only.

We made 4 last week with only 1 injury
What other changes would you make? I would replace Berg with RT, but doesn't seem like that is happening. Not sure there are many other obvious changes to make; I would think Tex for Fog next week if Fog doesn't lift for the Showdown.

What other changes would you make? I would replace Berg with RT, but doesn't seem like that is happening. Not sure there are many other obvious changes to make; I would think Tex for Fog next week if Fog doesn't lift for the Showdown.
You get beaten by 10 goals, there should be AT LEAST one unforced change

1 - He has had abundant opportunities. He has not shown one iota of improvement between the day he was drafted and his game against Collingwood last weekend.
2 - Tex showed more in his 1st AFL season (2nd if you include the year he spent in the SANFL) than Fog has in his entire career. Few KPFs come into the AFL system with a fully developed physique, the way that Fogarty did. Most are beanpoles, like Thilthorpe, who need time to grow into their bodies before they can start to make a real impact. Fogarty didn't have this handicap - he was a man mountain the day he was drafted, and nothing has changed in that regard. It's not unreasonable therefore that he should have started to deliver earlier than those beanpoles who needed to mature physically.
3 - Currently Thilthorpe. I have previously posted multiple times about our lack of decent KPF talent - we have one player on the verge of retirement, 3x donkeys, and a 19yo kid who is still growing into his body. Top-flight midfielders and KPFs are our two dire needs at present.

He wasn't good in Game 1. He showed glimpses in the 1st Q of Game 1, but was completely useless thereafter. His Game 2 was arguably worse than Berg's, though we're talking the difference between ratings of 0.5 and a 0.45 out of 10 for the game. Both were abysmal.

Fogarty makes me angry. More accurately, he frustrates me. He has so much potential, yet when it comes to the actual game, he's so ****ing useless most of the time. Not only that, but he hasn't shown one iota of improvement across his 43 AFL games. Berg has limited talent, and he's playing to those limitations. Fog has far greater talent. Little is expected of those with limited talent. Much more is expected of those with greater talent - and Fogarty continues to fail in meeting those expectations.
Walker is the best key forward that has played for the club and developed by us. Not sure it's a fair comparison at this stage.

I agree Fogarty needs to improve, but the club ****ed his development with wasted year in 2019 and then we had a COVID riddled 2020/2021, which wasn't ideal for development.

Look I think you need to chill and see how his year plays out and not potting him constantly. We are rebuilding and as you pointed out he has talent, why not just let it simmer and see what happens?

Just one from left field a bit, have they looked at Borlase as a key forward. Every time I see him can't help but think there is a really good footballer there and we are just not connecting the dots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get beaten by 10 goals, there should be AT LEAST one unforced change
We lost by 7 goals, Port lost by 10 goals. I'm just asking, what other change would you make? The unforced change for me would be RT for Berg. As I said above, I think Tex replaces Fog next week if he doesn't pull his finger out in the Showdown. Milera still needs a bit more SANFL time, but hopefully he isn't far away. I think by round 5 this is our side:

FB: Brown, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Jones
C: Dawson, Laird, Milera
HF: McHenry, Tex, Sloane
FF: Rachele, RT, Rowe
R: ROB, Keays, Schoey
I: Cook/Pedlar/Sholl (2 off), Hinge, McAdam/Gollant/Fog (1 off)

I want to see Laird, Keays and Schoey with the most CB attendances and Milera, Dawson, Pedlar, Sholl, Cook next in line. I expect Sloaney to still see CB minutes, but I think we need to move away from him being in the top 5 of attendances.

Same. Podcasts, radio or cd.

Doing 1-2 trips a week to the mines gives plenty of thinking and listening time
Imagine if there was a way where you can get a posters posts on Bigfooty read out loud while youre driving.:think:

I probably would swerve off the road into a tree with some comments posted. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back