Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t see EH as an option moving forward, even though he did well last year I just don’t see him being a long term player.
Before we throw Himmelberg on the scrap heap I'd like to see him tried at CHB especially as it seems to be coming clearer McAsey is unlikely to be with us after this year. Played quite a bit down back as a junior....see footage in his draft year at the link, please try him down back before we rule the line through him as it's an area of need when McAsey bails out.

My changes

Thilthorpe for McAdam
Hately for Berry
Himmelberg for Frampton

Brown Butts Doedee
Smith Murray McPherson
Seeds Keays Sholl
Murphy Walker Thilthorpe
Lynch Berg Rowe
O'Brien Laird Hately

Kelly
Hamill
Fogarty
Schoenberg
McHenry Sub

What's the Hawks situation at KPD behind Hartigan? I don't remember them being particularly stocked with talls.

Tex, Thilthorpe and Fog could cause some serious headaches
Frost and Hartigan the main KPDs (that's not good reading for them), and I guess Scrimshaw's the next tall? Although I reckon he could move more into the midfield soon

What's the Hawks situation at KPD behind Hartigan? I don't remember them being particularly stocked with talls.

Tex, Thilthorpe and Fog could cause some serious headaches
For the forward coach trying to figure out how to stop the ball coming out of our forward line so quickly...:)

Too tall for me
yep. for me too..

but you never say never with this club!.. maybe thilthorpe is in for lynch and frampton stays in or is dropped for himmelberg..

thilthorpe has been playing a fair bit on a wing in the sanfl.. maybe they reacon he’s got the skills and tank to be a ”connector”!..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he isn't in the same class as the other guys, but does he have to be? The fact that he has the confidence in himself to be a kick-first inside midfielder is good enough for me, especially considering how difficult it is to get both a clearance and a kick inside 50

Fair point, just pointing out that stats aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Frost and Hartigan the main KPDs (that's not good reading for them), and I guess Scrimshaw's the next tall? Although I reckon he could move more into the midfield soon

Don't mind Frost, he is basically the opposite of Jake Kelly in every imaginable way

For the forward coach trying to figure out how to stop the ball coming out of our forward line so quickly...:)
how about...

you stop it coming out of the forward line quickly by kicking it onto the chests (or atleast to the advantage of) of your tall forwards.. and hope your small forwards mop up anything that gets dropped..

its our forward 50 entries that have been ordinary at times this season..

and to be fair Tex has been putting a ton of pressure on the opposition defence this year.. and we’ve been getting plenty of tackling from the big man..

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

I think you've got that ass-about Jack is Backtofront. The so-called Trolls and most of the rest us reasonable minded football followers will more than accepting of a modest return in his debut game. No-one will be jumping up down if he fails to dominate...

...except you and Helmet and the rest of the ultra conservative Apricot slice brigade who will be sure to be crying "see, he's not ready - he needs more time in the SANFL"

I'd love to see Mr CAPS LOCK name and shame these so called trolls too.
He mentions them more than anything else in his posts. It's actually kind of creepy.
Not sure if this Troll and Troll-lite stuff is better or worse than his MAESTRO or BRAN NUE MACKAY phases

how about...

you stop it coming out of the forward line quickly by kicking it onto the chests (or atleast to the advantage of) of your tall forwards.. and hope your small forwards mop up anything that gets dropped..

its our forward 50 entries that have been ordinary at times this season..

and to be fair Tex has been putting a ton of pressure on the opposition defence this year.. and we’ve been getting plenty of tackling from the big man..

This year, Frampton averages 5 pressure acts. He is literally the worst pressure player forward of center in our entire side. Basically anyone would be an upgrade on his statue-like performance

Don't mind Frost, he is basically the opposite of Jake Kelly in every imaginable way
Really?

He leaves Jake in his dust for brain farts, Frost has never been recognised for his decision making and with good reason.

Really?

He leaves Jake in his dust for brain farts, Frost has never been recognised for his decision making and with good reason.

Yeah, he's the opposite of Kelly. Frost can't defend for shit, makes stupid decisions, but takes the game on big time, is taller and has a long attacking kick. Kelly can defend and makes safe decisions, but rarely takes the game on, is shorter and has a sideways defensive kick.

Frost is probably best as a third tall.

Before we throw Himmelberg on the scrap heap I'd like to see him tried at CHB especially as it seems to be coming clearer McAsey is unlikely to be with us after this year. Played quite a bit down back as a junior....see footage in his draft year at the link, please try him down back before we rule the line through him as it's an area of need when McAsey bails out.

Himmelberg or Frampton?

Watching Frampton the last month he's actually looked OK around the ground (aside from F50), and had some pretty handy intercept marks. He just can't seem to clunk them in the F50, but this is obviously less important in the D50...........

I'd be happy for either of them to be given a chance down back, although i understand Himmelberg has some actual experience back there. I wonder if Frampton has?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back