Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Thilthorpe is more likely to get lace out delivery from Hartigan and Frost this weekend than our top-ups in the SANFL

I can see it now.

First bounce, ruck infringement. Free kick to ROB who stands there crippled by mental panic for 15 seconds before shuffling a 1.5m handball to a flatfooted Keays who neatly chips to Laird at HF. Lairdy then kicks via the moon to McAdam in a 2v1 where McAdam goes for a hanger 30 - 40 minutes before the ball arrives, resulting in a free kick to our boy Kyle Hartigan.

Harto, eyes darting, ignores the kick to a screaming Mitchell (30m in space because no tag) and instead tries to pick off a 25m diagonal pass into the corridor, perfectly picking out a bewildered Thilthorpe 40 metres out, directly in front. And so starts his career.

Notes from the presser:

- Lynch in doubt as he hasn't been training, they're tossing up whether he can continue playing with zero training
- Berry still a chance depending on how he pulls up
- Hately sounds like next in line aside from TT
- Frampton sounds likely to be dropped but he hasn't said that definitively yet
- Jones will be the travelling emergency, "not likely in the 23", so not the sub. Plan is to try him in some other roles in the SANFL
- Happy with the progress of McAsey, getting stronger and more competitive, sounds a chance to play in the later half of the year. In a really good space and "loves Adelaide" plus he's just started uni here.
- Walker very likely to play
Interesting point on McAsey. He can still transfer between uni's, but I doubt he would've locked himself in if he knew he was going to move

I would be shocked if Berry plays, but he's a tough bugger, so you never know I guess

Wow, we actually have a #1 pick (I know, #2..) with serious skills who wants to play for us - and now we get to see what he’s got for the first time at the top level.

A game to remember as we watch his career develop
I remember Mcleod's first game. A hint of what was to come. Just flashes but good signs

You forget you're on the Adelaide board mate!

Some just look for the negatives, for the record I think Ben Keays has been a very, very worthwhile addition to our squad, a revelation even.....and I'll tell you one thing he has over the other 4 luminaries mentioned, he shits on all of them as a two way gut busting runner.

I wasn't saying he's no good. He has been a very handy recruit for us. You always know you're going to get 100% from him every week.

Just noting that his disposal is his let down at times, it's a well known fact.

Interesting point on McAsey. He can still transfer between uni's, but I doubt he would've locked himself in if he knew he was going to move
Have any of those clues ever worked out?

Buying a house, enrolling in Uni, selling a house, buying a boat....

I remember Mcleod's first game. A hint of what was to come. Just flashes but good signs
Didnt he kick the sealer v Hawks at Footy Park? Crows down all night? In his 2nd game?

I would be shocked if Berry plays, but he's a tough bugger, so you never know I guess
Depends how he is studying.. online or on campus..

Nicks just said “he’s started uni”.. didnt say where or how though..

it is a positive though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok now another go after presser

FMATTHEWS JFRAMPTONCOOK B
HFMCADAMWORRELLCOOK J
CWRIGHTBERRYNEWCHURCH
HBL MATTHEWMCASEYMACKAY
BHALLBORLASELATCHFORD
RUCKSTRACHANPEDLARO'CONNOR
INTERBACCANELLOCLARKEMERRETTBOYLE

FROWEFOGARTYSCHOENBERG
HFMURPHYWALKERTHILTHORPE
CHSHOLLKEAYSSEEDSMAN
HBHAMILLDOEDEESMITH
BBROWNBUTTSMCPHERSON
RUCKO'BRIENHATELYLAIRD
INTERMCHENRYLYNCHHIMMELBERGMURRAYKELLY SUB
EMERJONES
Geezuz... Hope not.. way too tall. Lynch, himm, TT, Fog and walker!...

think lynch out replaced with a medium mid/forward like Hately and TT takes framptons spot..

Berry may still play according to nicks.. maybe the “very bad ankle” that the media reported was a clickbait beat up..
billy and elliot Sanfl.

Remember to wear some safety boots, glasses, ear plugs and a hard ****n hat when you watch and listen to this presser.. you’ll need em..

The idiots must’ve run the bloody thing right in the middle of the construction site..

Remember to wear some safety boots, glasses, ear plugs and a hard fu**n hat when you watch and listen to this presser.. you’ll need em..

The idiots must’ve run the bloody thing right in the middle of the construction site..

The Burns one the other day sounded like it was being held in a coolroom.

I am so thrilled that TT is making his debut, given its now in R6 I just wish it had been last week or even next week at AO for that matter.

If our Club was doing most things right on and off the field, I wouldnt have cared so much, but the Club had a great opportunity here IMO for some real genuine positive news and could have enhanced it further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back