Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Hately, Thilthorpe, Himmelberg
OUT: Berry, Frampton, Lynch

Emergencies: Jones, Worrell, Frampton, Lynch
Really really happy with that.

Lynch was appaling last week, I can't believe we let him play with injuries.

Looking forward to Hatley playing.

Mind you I got the alert from Afc app but it doesn't take you anywhere

Fog, Himm, Thil, and Tex? Guess Murphy and McHenry will have to work overtime in the forward pressure department?

Losing a running player in the first quarter and then having to bring in an underdone Lynch who we've inexplicably selected as the sub is an absolute certainty.

Fog, Himm, Thil, and Tex? Guess Murphy and McHenry will have to work overtime in the forward pressure department?

Losing a running player in the first quarter and then having to bring in an underdone Lynch who we've inexplicably selected as the sub is an absolute certainty.

Feels a bit unbalanced doesn't it?

Think only one of Thilthorpe and Himmelberg should be playing. And the choice there is obvious

Like the changes.

Lynch has been down thus year and now two true forwards to support Tex.

Hately, I am a fan. Just hope he can rise above the cursed number 6 jumper.

Tilthorpe, game one of greatness. Ok keep the lid on Geoffa.

Stoked Frampton is out. Today is hus level, dominated a midget (even for SANFL) SANFL backline.

Lynch, get him fit. Surely we learnt last year carrying old unfit players (ie Tex) is not good.

Berry, rest the kid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all week it was total melts about selection.

Turns out Thilthorpe is debuting, Frampton was dropped, Himmelberg is in, Lynch was dropped, and we're debuting another player in Hately.

I'm sure that if we lose there will be more melts, regardless.
"Lost at selection"

Feels a bit unbalanced doesn't it?

Think only one of Thilthorpe and Himmelberg should be playing. And the choice there is obvious
They don't want to Ruck Tilthorpe, too young.

Hberg will be second Ruck.

It is unbalanced, but in a development phase you have to play both Fog and Tilthorpe. This allows that. Neither can Ruck now, but going forward Tilthorpe will.

No doubt the Fog will spend a bit of time in the centre and out of the forward line this weekend. Lesson some of that congestion.

Also if our mids cant give our forwards decent supply, i suspect we will unleash Thrilly around the ground, to get him involved in his first game.

They don't want to Ruck Tilthorpe, too young.

Hberg will be second Ruck.

It is unbalanced, but in a development phase you have to play both Fog and Tilthorpe. This allows that. Neither can Ruck now, but going forward Tilthorpe will.

Would be disappointing if Himmelberg has only been selected to fulfill a role we require for less than 10% of the match

And just quickly being a development year, structures will suffer slightly to get people into the game, not un happy about this, its whats gotta happen. The ship will tighten down the track when we are ready.

Exciting times we are living in.

Last edited:
Seems a bit too tall for me. We've been witches hats up forward before we just made it taller.

Will need our talls to take many Marks inside 50 to win.

To be fair on the pressure front we've omitted our two worst pressure players in Lynch and Frampton so it should be even on that front.

But selecting Thilthorpe to effectively play Lynch's role is interesting

To be fair on the pressure front we've omitted our two worst pressure players in Lynch and Frampton so it should be even on that front.

But unfortuanlty we have also lost our best pressure player in Berry, he has been a pressure gun in his first 5 games. I think his loss will be felt quite a bit, considering we dont have Sloane in there at the moment also.

Thilthorpe is presumably capable of running, so he's an improvement on Lynch in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back