Preview Changes: R7 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sloane and kelly back

Poholke and Otten out..

If there is even the slightest of slight tickle on tex’s hammy... rest him and get the fog in.

Poholke had a bit of a dirty night but he still tackled hard and did a couple of great things.. just didn’t get enough of it..

Also gotta see on mackay.. But there’s no spot for him next year anyway so I no longer care really.

Knight didn't do much wrong... but Gallucci did a hell of a lot right. If one of them has to drop out, then Gallucci should be the one who stays in.

Our structure should hold Betts, Knight and Gooch (who replaces the small forward pressure role of Charlie Cameron).

Don’t want us going without those roles, although with Gibbs into the midfield and CEY playing it seems Douglas is spending more time up forward.

I'd have thought Betts or Murphy would come in for Poholke but I suppose we could role with Knight and Gallucci as the small forwards.

I'd go -

Out: Poholke, Mackay and Walker
In: Betts/Murphy, Sloane and Fogarty

Otten maybe for Kelly, didn't get much of a feel for Otten tonight.

Quad or glute, something around there.
I thought that too but then they started working on his hip pointer... who knows... maybe a corky.. who cares, he’s gonna struggle to hold a spot if he continues to kick to team mates with two or three on ones.. nearly cost me and IPad Pro screen.. wanted to punch him through it.

Yeah looks doubtful which is a shame as I thought he was good tonight
i just aren’t seeing it.. I don’t know.. he’s good here and there then he does some absolutely stupid turnovers and they normally always result in an opposition goal..

Poholke out for Sloane is the obvious one. Interesting to see who they drop for Betts, Knight or Mcgovern seem to be the candidates. Both were average tonight.
Kelly will most likely come back in if he is fit, maybe for Otten?

Can't see Otten out until Hartigan is back. Otto can actually play as a KPD, I doubt they'll risk Kelly in that role or over-extend Doedee who's still very new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play very tall .

Levi, Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay are their key forwards.

McKay has previously payed like a FF and Levi is a contested maring beast so Talia could take the one that plays closer to goal. Kelly or Doedee to play on the third, the other one on Son of Son of Serge

Can't see Otten out until Hartigan is back. Otto can actually play as a KPD, I doubt they'll risk Kelly in that role or over-extend Doedee who's still very new.

How many good tall forwards do Carlton have? 1.

I think we could afford to go in undersized in defense, but I doubt the selection panel will agree.

I think we could afford to go in undersized in defense, but I doubt the selection panel will agree.
Casboult has good hands. And the young kid from Milera and Doedee's draft has played well for them this year.

2 or 3 that have their monents. Casboult a consistent contest maker and then a couple of kids who look to have talent but aren't consistent. But they had some very handy monents last night. McKay and a Curnow I think. Might be another as well.

It would be negligent if we risked Tex against Carlton. We also shouldn’t risk Mackay as there is no need. Eddie Betts and Rory Sloane need to come in and both should be fit now.

It should be Tex for Fogarty, Kelly for Mackay, Poholke for Sloane. But who goes out for Betts? Tough one. I think Gallucci has to stay as that electric pace pressure forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back