Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confusing correlation with causation.

Rachelle starts the game over Sloane we probably win.

Hindsight’s convenient isn’t it, selectors picked based on the GC game when Rachelle plays 78% for 7 touches and 2 tackles then Sloane plays 25% for 12 touches and 4 tackles with the game in the balance. I don’t disagree, but everything is obvious in hindsight.

Hindsight’s convenient isn’t it, selectors picked based on the GC game when Rachelle plays 78% for 7 touches and 2 tackles then Sloane plays 25% for 12 touches and 4 tackles with the game in the balance. I don’t disagree, but everything is obvious in hindsight.

Regardless, the last 2 weeks Nicks has coached the sub from the bench into the game with great affect (Sloane & Rach), having Peds as that resource this week offers genuine match winning ability.

It's not hindsight if it was said before hand, it's just being right.

Match committee:

Nicks and the other 3 coaches (Burns, Rahilly & VB), Roo, Kelly and Burgess

There may be others. Fagan apparently used to sit in on match committee meetings
So.. if that is the match committee.. the team that sits down and picks the 23 every week..

Given these bewildering selection decisions, the “must play the seniors regardless of form” policy, the mookay 3 year saga, the Richie douglas getting 8 games to spud it up then be forced into retirement etc etc has been going on for atleast 5-6 years now…

Ask yourself…

who has been the “constant“ over the past 5-10 years when reading the names on that committee?..

and some here think he doesnt have any real say at the club and chastise anyone that dares say he does… even after the bloke defiantly said he aint giving up his current role at the club as football director until the current rebuild has been completed.

Regardless of Murphy and Sloane named?
It’s a valid point. Can only assume coaches see value in an impact sub, and/or they’re more confident in Murphy/Sloane contributing over 4/4 than Peds at this point of the season…Murphy was decent last week, but Sloane didn’t play well at all.

Last edited:
It’s a valid point. Can only assume coaches see value in an impact sub, and/or they’re more confident in Murphy/Sloane contributing over 4/4 than Peds…
Wouldn’t it make more sense to have Pedlar start and IF he tires then bring Sloane on? He has proven to be an impactful sub when the game slows down to a crawl.
Pedlar may not tire then they can sub off Murph… yeah I see my mistake.

If Nicks has half a brain he will sub him out pretty quickly. Not making finals is a big fail this year when there are no real standouts.
we lose this week and finals are not mathematically possible. Given sydney are one of the teams we need to force out.. it will put them two games ahead of us with 1 game left.

we should rightfully smack them at AO.. no excuses.

if we dont play finals this years then Nicks should be sacked.. not one single Adelaide coach has survived a “two seasons in a row without making the finals” record.. let alone 4 seasons in a row.

its a complete insult to past coaches if they allow him to survive missing the finals again due to a few “honourable losses”..

Yeah but will be come up and play on Saturday? I won't be convinced he's a definite starter until Final teams are posted on match day.
Even then I won't be convinced he's right

The AFC getting the chance to play an injured player over a rookie:
images.jpeg-4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a valid point. Can only assume coaches see value in an impact sub, and/or they’re more confident in Murphy/Sloane contributing over 4/4 than Peds at this point of the season…Murphy was decent last week, but Sloane didn’t play well at all.

No he wasn't. Murphy was terrible last week, one of the worst on the ground. Arguably worse than Sloane.

Sloane was good in both games as sub and we won both of them

Why wouldn't we revisit that successful strategy?

Gets the best out of a veteran and gives a kid a clear run at it

Win-win

The coaching team has us above ahead of where most predicted.

Win Saturday night and the selections will be justified.

Lose and questions will be asked.....and rightfully so.

I hate this sort of thinking, though. If we win on Saturday night the selections will not be justified. Who's to say we wouldn't have won by more with better selections? Or, for that matter, won by slightly less but set ourselves up to do better in the future?

Of course, if we lose questions will definitely be asked, as they should be.

Sloane was good in both games as sub and we won both of them

Why wouldn't we revisit that successful strategy?

Gets the best out of a veteran and gives a kid a clear run at it

Win-win
Said it at the beginning of the season would be a good strategy... we finally tried it & it worked... now we have returned to the tried & failed strategy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back