Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I want this team to show that killer instinct this weekend. I saw it against Melbourne in Alice but not again.

If the opposition shows you their jugular, you cut it.
Agreed. I understand many of us (myself included) predicted a big win last time and got it woefully wrong, but I'll be upset if we lost this. We're an infinitely different team now and haven't come off a brutal away fixture x2 in Adelaide. Plus, vengeance is kinda neat....I'm sure the boys have been sharpening their fangs for this one ever since.

Of course, it's Freo...you never know. Decent-ish rest coming of a relatively 'easy/comfortable' win against the Dees without travel. I will be shocked if we drop it.....

Agreed. I understand many of us (myself included) predicted a big win last time and got it woefully wrong, but I'll be upset if we lost this. We're an infinitely different team now and haven't come off a brutal away fixture x2 in Adelaide. Plus, vengeance is kinda neat....I'm sure the boys have been sharpening their fangs for this one ever since.

Of course, it's Freo...you never know. Decent-ish rest coming of a relatively 'easy/comfortable' win against the Dees without travel. I will be shocked if we drop it.....
I thought we were going to lose last time, after we had finished a pretty long and emotional stint in Adelaide. We haven't had to travel this time, so should be much better.

I thought we were going to lose last time, after we had finished a pretty long and emotional stint in Adelaide. We haven't had to travel this time, so should be much better.
I've not been great at predictions, and of course thought we'd smash them last time and got laughed at from hindsight heroes for my troubles. S'okay, one is a big boy!! Can take it.

But as the regular season starts winding down, Hawks game aside we're hitting form at the right time it feels. We haven't lost 2 in a row since Adelaide trip anyway, had a nice tune up with the Dees win where I thought structurally, we looked imperious, and certainly much better than when we faced WC last time......and West Coast have lost 8 in a row since Round 10, conceding over a 100 points in the last 3 games alone, 5 overall in that 8 game losing span. Can't say I'd be feeling too confident about things from their perspective, but you know.... blind love springs hope eternal for some of those slapdash sloppy-brained nit-****!!

I want this team to show that killer instinct this weekend. I saw it against Melbourne in Alice but not again.

If the opposition shows you their jugular, you cut it.
The way we played in the first half against Melbourne last week was the same way Melbourne played the second half in GF we just didn’t get reward on the scoreboard

If you're thinking of changes to the midfield you should probably consider this before doing so... it's what Brodie and other candidates are up against.

Fox Power Rankings Rd19
...if your casual footy fan thinks about the Dockers they probably think about defence - but they are an incredible and utterly elite stoppage team. They’re No.1 in the AFL for pre-clearance contested possessions, pre-clearance groundball gets and clearances, but even that understates it. Their clearance differential over the season is plus-153 - the next-best is Brisbane at plus-54! They effectively win the clearances by nine every week! It is a frankly absurd level of dominance...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Draper
Out: Pearce

Sub: Erasmus

Aish is giving very little aside from a neat kick. I think Neil deserves his chance again.

Aish will be the sub without question.

Aish is giving very little aside from a neat kick. I think Neil deserves his chance again.
Silver linings for Draper's extended run in the team from so early in the season.

Good chance now for him and Cox to build further chemistry as Cox gets more form too.

Sounds like a bunch of them will be playing for their contracts:
One of my favourite things to come out of the Simpson presser is every article by Mitch comes with the sound byte '.... Wood co-ck'

Just to back your point a bit, JL said last week regarding the sub role "you want to be able to bring someone on who can have an impact, and preferably have an impact in your front half". If all else is equal, Raz fits that bill better than Aish does.

Problem: not all else is equal. Aish is the better player, and is pretty versatile. Raz needs the WAFL time for development (though off-seasons will probably be the biggest source of development for him). Plus Raz is a full game stamina type, not an explosive type that can thrive as sub.

Honestly if I was choosing sub based on how much of a sparkplug they can be, I'd have Brodie and Emmett at least ahead of Raz, and I've posted ad nauseam about how much I rate Raz.

Silver linings for Draper's extended run in the team from so early in the season.

Good chance now for him and Cox to build further chemistry as Cox gets more form too.
Draper should be hungry to get a Rising Star nomination after being robbed a few weeks ago :)

Weather aside, this is definitely a banana skin game. You just can't afford to rock up and expect to win - we saw exactly what happened in Round 6, made for a grim outcome!! The gang HAS to be totally switched on, and utterly ruthless as others have stated to make sure if the Toast feel the pressure and look like crumbling, we can maximise the result. At this stage I really just want to keep winning and some games won't be big margins like the Dees games have been. That being said, I feel like the Eagles are ripe for the picking...

As Ross would say, emotions or words won't get it done......so it's pointless saying this and that, in the end. An uber-professional performance and as utterly ruthless as we can be should those doors open. Give 'em hell lads!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back