Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Potential for our first changes to the winning 22 next week.

Rayner and McStay both sore, although Coach Fagan himself said we'll have to see how they settle down.

Bastinac probably the Lion under most pressure, although he was very good in patches.

There is a host of guys that are probably the next cabs off the rank; Christensen, Cutler, Taylor, Robertson, Lester, Cox...personally I'd like to see Cutler see back in, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we keep the winning formula together.

For the record; since 2012, we've only won one of eight against Port (the last win being in round 7, 2015) having lost the last 5 by an average losing margin of 59.8 points. Records are falling for the Lions in 2019 and this is another opponent I'd love to see us turn around.

Good stat, we have defied history the past 2 weeks, and having a blockbuster game between no.2 and no.3 on the ladder will be exciting. Game of the round easily?

Reckon it will be just one change (forced):

In: Taylor/Christensen
Out: Rayner

I think the Grand Final replay probably just pips us :)

It would be good to get another nice, hot humid Brisbane night - Port have played run and gun, handball heavy footy and Carlton got back into the game against them this week when it started raining.

I think the Grand Final replay probably just pips us :)

It would be good to get another nice, hot humid Brisbane night - Port have played run and gun, handball heavy footy and Carlton got back into the game against them this week when it started raining.
Nah, this is the real Grand Final replay (Albeit from 2004!).

Think Bastinac probably gets the week off. Seemed like he missed a few assignments v North and Witherden (rightfully) gave him a spray on a couple of occasions.

Only changes will be forced changes, the much talked about MRP has to have its say yet also.

Lets hope nothing has to be changed. Bastinac might be quite, he is filling a role, his goal was a good one.

Funnily enough, we're fairly strong favourites at 1.68 to win this one. Port sitting at 2.20

Reckon this is a genuine 50/50 game and we'll have to play really well to win. Port are looking dangerous this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a cracking game. Think this game and the Bombers v Melb game are the 2 big games of the round. Port are one of those teams that usually trouble us with their pace and cut us up on the outside. We need to learn our lessons from the North game and use the ball a bit better. Port will cut us to ribbons if we bomb away and rebound with ease. We can match them winning the ball and have a dangerous enough forwardline to put up enough points. We gotta make sure we limit their scoring potential.

Think this game and the Bombers v Melb game are the 2 big games of the round.

Bombers V Melb not exactly a "BIG" game. Bot struggling teams but yes it will be a defining game for their season. I think there will be other big games for this round.

Bombers V Melb not exactly a "BIG" game. Bot struggling teams but yes it will be a defining game for their season. I think there will be other big games for this round.
Nah i think a lot of people are morbidly curious on which team stays on 0 wins, I know I'll be watching gleefully hoping for a draw!

Pretty sure Fagan mentioned Bastinac in the presser wrt contributing to a job on Hall which may mean he was happy enough his game
Fages has mentioned Basti in both of his post match pressers this year - he may well be working on building up his self-esteem within the team and giving him every chance to perform a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back