Changes round 4 VS Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

It's clear that we have too many lumbering talls. I would get rid of Giles and force Kennedy or darling to ruck a little more. Not be main ruckmen obviously but to chip in more. Kennedy, for a tall forward does least amount of rucking of all. The extra mid we would play instead would help with numbers.

If you backed up your posts with real facts and balanced input then they would be worthwhile reading. Oh no, we have Bacchus on the "never always nobody everybody" rant and rave that you leave us little option as to treat your tirades with the disdain it deserves. To say he loses every contest shows that you know about as much of AFL as Hutchings knows about hitting a contest at pace. Open to hear some rationale behind your posts but please, stop embarrassing yourself incorrect statements.
Now we have a little speech instead of the posting of a banal, immature image.
Is there a lot of reason there, apart from 'you're a ranter and I'm not', well, I'm struggling to see it.
I don't have the time or interest in going through Nelson's game today in fine detail, but I do remember him being caught HTB in Richmond's fwd 50 (not uncommon for him), can't remember if it resulted in a goal. I remember another occasion with him running back to the goal-square and the Richmond player shinning through a goal.
As an Eagles supporter I would like him to be a good player but I can't see it. It's an 'emperor's new clothes' situation, people want to see more than is actually there.
Trying to be objective his best attribute is his kicking but I don't see a strong defensive component.
Perhaps you who know a lot about AFL and base your comments on data could enlighten me.

In addition to sheed I think we should bring in duggan and back them in. Were going no where with the likes of redden, hutch, masten etc.also think with the shirt turnaround duggan is likely to get a call up.

I Think Watson is still a while off, but watching some of the senior guys fail to have a crack makes me think we should just give him a go

LOL at people saying Gaff should go out

I'd say LOL at you mate, but I am not laughing.

Honestly can you visualise Gaff and Master as premiership winning wingers? Because I can't. They are our starting wingers, yet more damaging to us when they get the ball than to the opposition. Best we will be with these little men is a middle of the road team, never quite good enough.

Anyone know why the Butler didn't play this weekend? Might be needed on Thursday. We need his steadiness at the back and could release Nelson to play further up the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, I'm not in major meltdown mode anymore.

Out: Jetta (omitted), Sheppard (omitted/soreness)

In: Sheed (can't be worse than Jetta), Schofield (offers more flexibility than Sheppard, and more run out of defence) or Butler for composure, depending on match ups.

I'd drop Cripps or Hill, and some others, but geez our depth doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Yet to watch the replay so can't give a fully informed opinion but my eyes have been misty with laughter since the OP. Venables IN, pleaseeee give me a spell. I'd love to see him debut in 2017 but not until his ready. Not ready yet after 2 WAFL senior games.

For the sake of team balance we need to keep Jetta in the 22 or bring in a similar outside type. Not Sheed for Jetta again, the need for Sheed (and speed) is there but. Hutchings and or Redden to make way for him.

Out of interest is there anything of substance in the Vardy incident later in the 4th qtr? Heard from hearsay that he could be in MRP trouble which would be a real nuisance right now.

Out: Hutchins, Redden, Giles, Masten, Cripps
In: Sheed, Duggan, Schofield, Butler, Watson

Hurn, Schofield, Shep
Wellingham, Barrass, Yeo
Gaff, Priddis, Nelson
Hill, McGovern, Watson
Darling, Kennedy, LeCras
Vardy, Shuey, Mitchell

Jetta, Sheed, Duggan, Butler

Cripps has had a couple of quite weeks.
We can only have 3 plodders in the midfield. Priddis and Mitchell are secure and Sheed back in after a hard working WAFL game.
McGovern goes forward because we need a centre half forward that can mark. Jack is a third tall.

For the life of me i can not work out why the Eagles struggle at the MCG, its not likey are a useless team, i mean two years ago they finished runners-up and last year they were finalists.

Is the "wide MCG" a factor in the Eagles structure/zoning etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

schoey to play as a winger?

To allow Gov to swing forward, JK needs help up there and he's not getting it from Darling or Giles/ Vardy. We need someone with good hands in pack situations up forward because we all know we don't have any threatening crumbing forwards.

You Know Clarkson every year in there premiership years selected new players,
a lot of them from poor form in the VFL and they still got a game.
That's because he had a role for them to come in and play and where surrounded by lots of experience
Don't know why Simpson wont do the same.

Yeah people complain top talent is problem but then ur saying we need more role players.

Sounds like everything is the problem.

Jetta was underwhelming. Got the ball in space a few times and just loped 3 or 4 steps before disposing of it.

Guys potting Nelson make me lol, even without the sponsors hat on. Absolutely the least of our problems.

Very worrying first three rounds overall. The best sides will have our measure again I think.

For the life of me i can not work out why the Eagles struggle at the MCG

My personal opinion is its because we are a mentally soft side, and have been for a number of years. Hostile environment + pressure footy = we lose every time.

There is no hard edge in the team. No one who can stand up in a tight spot and lift the group. It needs to be looked at in serious depth.

My personal opinion is its because we are a mentally soft side, and have been for a number of years. Hostile environment + pressure footy = we lose every time.

There is no hard edge in the team. No one who can stand up in a tight spot and lift the group. It needs to be looked at in serious depth.

Remember the days when Judd or Cousins or Matera or Kemp would just start turning games off their own boot when it got hard? I miss that, thats what brings me to the footy. The desperate win at all costs attitude. This team is far too conservative and has been for years.

Agree with this, but I think the shape is still a part of it too. There's just so much empty space that our slow plodding team can't shut down as effectively as they can on the narrow subi. Teams with decent foot speed just cut our zones to ribbons.

Outs Hutchings, Darling, Nelson, Redden
IN Sheed, Lamb, Watson, Partington.

Looking fwd to Cripps out for Rioli. Giles out for Lycett.

After simmering post-game, I don't think any player was particularly terrible. Cripps was probably the worst after going missing for the entire second half.

The problem today was our elite players didn't stand up, whereas Martin, Cotchin, Rance all did. If the chips are down we don't have anyone who can consistently dig us out of a hole. The last Eagle to have this ability was Cox, and to a lesser-extent Priddis.

We are still a gun mid away from being any kind of flag threat.

Out: Redden (has no clear role in the side)
In: anyone with some flare or pace

It seems he's becoming a whipping boy among a few on here.

A 21 year old, 22 game whipping boy. Pathetic.

Been one of the most improved this year in what is becoming a very stale best 22.
He was a legitimate candidate to be dropped last week, and I like him. Butler was the flying emergency for a reason. Lets not get too over excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes round 4 VS Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back