Prediction Changes v Brisbane: in Varcoe, Moore, Crocker, Adams; out: Reid, Brown, Aish, Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's edition...

If Grundy misses, we could be in trouble against Stefan Martin. But if he does miss, I think it's McLarty time.

McLarty comes in and shares the ruck with Cox, both having a mid/forward split.

Moore comes in for Reid.

Adams for Aish.

Varcoe for Blair.

Langdon for Appleby.

Crocker for Mayne.

I was thinking one of or both of Brown/Stephenson would be due for a rest but I reckon we will try and revert to our round 5 side and only replace injuries.

Today's edition...

If Grundy misses, we could be in trouble against Stefan Martin. But if he does miss, I think it's McLarty time.

McLarty comes in and shares the ruck with Cox, both having a mid/forward split.

Moore comes in for Reid.

Adams for Aish.

Varcoe for Blair.

Langdon for Appleby.

Crocker for Mayne.

I was thinking one of or both of Brown/Stephenson would be due for a rest but I reckon we will try and revert to our round 5 side and only replace injuries.
Martin feasts on part timers but against other top ruckman he usually comes up short. Hopefully Grundy gets up

Martin feasts on part timers but against other top ruckman he usually comes up short. Hopefully Grundy gets up
Cox should be able to nullify him in ruck contests, but probably won't be able to match him around the ground. Will be important getting this match up right as he was dominant against Port and kept brisbane in it.

Real danger game this week v Brisbane. If recent history has taught us anything, its that we don't hold good form for much longer than 4-5 weeks. After a big month you could almost expect a bit of a drop in performance from the playing group. However, I think there's a different vibe around the group this season. Our game style has shown to hold up. Richmond did us by being a more hardened side and being able to hold their game plan for longer. The 4 late goals that blew out the end result really flattered the Tigers. That was a 2-3 goal loss if I've ever seen one. Moore, Elliott, Adams, Wells and a couple of others to come back and we have much improvement to come. This next month shapes our season. We ideally will go 4-0 but 3-1 at a minimum. Time for the boys to put the foot down and show the footy world we're a genuine contender this season.

This is likely to be an incredibly unpopular comment, but I'd be happy to not play Adams.

I'm not questioning his endeavour. I just don't think we really need another hard ball unskilled player.

I think we are much better balanced without him.
Whilst I don't mind him not comming in he's an upgrade on Brown and he'll allow Sidebottom and Treloar to play more up forward and there's no chance he gets left out whether we like it or not.

Out: Aish, Reid, Grundy, Mayne

In: Adams, Moore, Elliot, Fasolo

Grundy is battling shin soreness and unlikely to play this week.

I'd be very surprised if we make 4x changes given we have 3 forced ones, but really, can we afford Mayne to be plodding about?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just wanna say i work here and there at richnond fc
Very professional outfit
Hardwick balme and leppa.all there at 7am
Cotchin doin paperwork
Hope pies are the same
And everyone friendly
Except martin

This is likely to be an incredibly unpopular comment, but I'd be happy to not play Adams.

I'm not questioning his endeavour. I just don't think we really need another hard ball unskilled player.

I think we are much better balanced without him.
I disagree. Adams upside outweighs his downside. He would have been handy yesterday we need the grunt to get it to the outside users like Pendlebury and Treloar. He makes us harder around the ball and we make more of the ruck dominance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this one that's it for me.. I'm deleting my act even though I have 2/3 like/post ratio.
Don't do that. How will we know what tip to bet on before the game?!?

Not getting ppl wanting Crocker back in, what value does a 6-7 possession give unless he kicks 3-4 goals

The guy can’t run, no second effort, shocking below his knees and weak man on man???

Sent from my Warped mind

Does anyone know if the boys are training on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back