Preview Changes v Dees R10 - Wed @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

These blokes are just taking the piss now. Gibbs was garbage, you're allowed to say it. He got outplayed in the midfield by Stengle who hasn't even cracked double digits in career games.
He played with no urgency or passion,that would be one of the first things you would look for from a guy trying to win his spot back,he’s checked out forget the attitude garbage we are being fed

Any chance Himmelberg gets tried at CHB this week ?
Having never trained with the Defenders in the past and with the extra training restrictions due to Covid-19 it would seem highly unlikely unless it's a case of throw the magnets around in actual match day play.

I'm relieved it's actually worth going tomorrow night to see the young guys, including the debutants.

Hopefully last week was the wake-up call that ended some careers & true start to this rebuild that prioritises getting games into the kids.

Reasonably good changes - I'm excited to see the two debutants play.

Our list is a shambles, so I guess this is about as good as it can get.

Still not a fan of this 'one week in, one week out' crap we do - I think Gibbs is finished, but why bring him in for one match? Give him at least a couple, and then call it.

I think at 31 and given the last half of last year and his 2 games this year, I'm happy for him to be called after the one return game. Rat and Knight, as bad as they were, probably could have gotten a couple more and then called. Rat especially seeing he'd missed a couple of months or more.

Having never trained with the Defenders in the past and with the extra training restrictions due to Covid-19 it would seem highly unlikely unless it's a case of throw the magnets around in actual match day play.

Probably unlikely.
More just wishful thinking on my part.
The forward line did look too tall though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm relieved it's actually worth going tomorrow night to see the young guys, including the debutants.

Hopefully last week was the wake-up call that ended some careers & true start to this rebuild that prioritises getting games into the kids.
Would be amazing if we could win with this side. Would be bloody fantastic

The pressure and heat on Goodwin and Melbourne is immense, they are traveling off a short break, believe me when I say that I genuinely think we could and can win tomorrow night.

Only the second game I thought we could win in 2020, the other being the Dons.

I’m shocked to see 8 changes but I like it. The selectors have finally realised that we’re rebuilding and by dropping Gibbs, Atkins and Knight they’re admitting they got it horribly wrong last week.

Sadly it has not just been last week. How has it taken this many years ? CHANGE yes !

Sad as it is, Mackay probably is in our best 22 right now, which shows how far we've sunk

He's probably been picked for his running patterns - can't do anything on the way there or when he gets there, but the rest of the team could do worse than follow his lead.

In this team, having DMAC and Kelly is fine with me. Because THIS team is a rebuilding team that still needs some good hard running role players to protect the kids.

That is the 1 and only role they need to play in the remaining 8 games for me. And preferably for only 1-4 each.

I don't see any correlation here.

Good to see we're still sticking with a stupidly tall and slow forward half, as well - has worked a treat since the 2017 GF.

I think at 31 and given the last half of last year and his 2 games this year, I'm happy for him to be called after the one return game. Rat and Knight, as bad as they were, probably could have gotten a couple more and then called. Rat especially seeing he'd missed a couple of months or more.

Atkins is another one we should've traded off the back of a good season - he was clearly a front-runner.

Glad they’ve persisted with Himmers- thought he showed a bit last week. Just building into it.

Great side well done to selectors
Your dislike of Billy is showing there Pete. EH was slow and dropped at least two sitters in F50. Their leading possession winner ran off him and Strachan all day. It's a no from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Dees R10 - Wed @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back