Opinion Changes v. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we talking like we've dropped Hayes
Because we're probably not playing all of Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades, Finlayson, and Hayes on a wet night. I would've thought they'd drop Finlayson for Dixon but he's named in the starting 18 and I can't see them dropping Georgiades.

Plus Hinkley had to be in a position where we had no other ruckmen in order to pick Hayes in the first place. Now he's got the option to ruck Finlayson and use Dixon and SPP as chop outs, I can see him dropping him.

He had the flu, but you probably think the club is being dishonest about that.
He was hospitalised and they couldn't work out what was wrong, oodles of blood tests and no answers on what it was but he was really ill. He's better now but it's going to take a few games I reckon.

Because we're probably not playing all of Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades, Finlayson, and Hayes on a wet night. I would've thought they'd drop Finlayson for Dixon but he's named in the starting 18 and I can't see them dropping Georgiades.

Plus Hinkley had to be in a position where we had no other ruckmen in order to pick Hayes in the first place. Now he's got the option to ruck Finlayson and use Dixon and SPP as chop outs, I can see him dropping him.
I can easily seeing them dropping Georgiades over Hayes. Georgiades has been crap this season and fills less of a need than Hayes does.

Duurs has been dogshit for a while now. One good game against the bottom of the ladder SANFL team doesn’t just wipe all that away. Would rather he dominate in the SANFL for a few weeks, build some confidence and then come back.
Duurs has been dogshit for a while now. One good game against the bottom of the ladder SANFL team doesn’t just wipe all that away. Would rather he dominate in the SANFL for a few weeks, build some confidence and then come back.
Like Dixon.

Young rucks always come in and out of the team, it is probably the most brutal position to play on your body.

So, it makes some sense that Hayes may need a break. But unless he is absolutely knackered, why the week before the bye?

Expect for the Saints game (where Ryder dominated) Hayes has held or won the constant. (I actually think he halved the contest against Goldstein). Which is better than what you expect for a young ruck. English, Draper, Gawn and Grundy were all regularly dominated in their first year of playing in the AFL.

MG for Dixon also doesn’t make sense. Finlayson has been playing Dixon’s role, MG is a different forward.

I’ll kept my powder dry until final teams come out tonight, but some days, it’s frustrating to be a Port supporter.

(But very happy to see Bonner back, though he was playing good footy before his injury)

Young rucks always come in and out of the team, it is probably the most brutal position to play on your body.

So, it makes some sense that Hayes may need a break. But unless he is absolutely knackered, why the week before the bye?

Expect for the Saints game (where Ryder dominated) Hayes has held or won the constant. (I actually think he halved the contest against Goldstein). Which is better than what you expect for a young ruck. English, Draper, Gawn and Grundy were all regularly dominated in their first year of playing in the AFL.

MG for Dixon also doesn’t make sense. Finlayson has been playing Dixon’s role, MG is a different forward.

I’ll kept my powder dry until final teams come out tonight, but some days, it’s frustrating to be a Port supporter.

(But very happy to see Bonner back, though he was playing good footy before his injury)
If they want to rest Hayes, just say so and do it.
I'd accept that, even though he gets a rest for the bye next week anyway.
Otherwise why bother naming him as an emergency?

Either he plays - or he's rested. If they don't want to give him a break because he's not injured/sore/knackered, then he has to play, cos on form he's far and away our best ruck of the fit and available options.

Hey. Maybe our brains trust think an SPP and Wines ruck combo is good enough to match it with Draper and Wright? I trust their superior expertise.

I can easily seeing them dropping Georgiades over Hayes. Georgiades has been crap this season and fills less of a need than Hayes does.
Georgiades hasn’t been kicking straight but aside from his finishing it’s disingenuous to say he’d be crap.

I couldn’t handle this forum having a Georgiades thread like the Marshall thread.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you want Kenny from Camperdown to do to your butthole.

As long as he doesn’t make eye contact, we’re good.

Georgiades hasn’t been kicking straight but aside from his finishing it’s disingenuous to say he’d be crap.

I couldn’t handle this forum having a Georgiades thread like the Marshall thread.
Marshall claim to fame will always be 'i kicked five on billy frampton'. Thats is the pinnacle and it wont get any better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you fking kidding me?

If you don’t think Marshall is playing well then you need help.
4 disposals v brisbane
4 disposals v hawks
9 disposals v melb
10 diposals v carlton
7 disposals v st kilda
6 disposals v geelong

yeh he's killing it, this is why this guy is a vanilla pudding, its because for some strange reason just because he has a few good games against b-grade entities thats the proof this guy is a champion. More to the point i couldnt careless if he kicked 10 goals against teams with weak defenses, its doest matter or mean anything, you put him against teams with a half decent defense and its a vanishing act, the geelong defence just milked this little boy of every thing that came his way. You can come back and say Marshall is a good player when he's regularly getting 15-20 disposals, and taking 10 marks a game. This is a pretty low bar but still a long way off for him.

4 disposals v brisbane
4 disposals v hawks
9 disposals v melb
10 diposals v carlton
7 disposals v st kilda
6 disposals v geelong

yeh he's killing it, this is why this guy is a vanilla pudding, its because for some strange reason just because he has a few good games against b-grade entities thats the proof this guy is a champion. More to the point i couldnt careless if he kicked 10 goals against teams with weak defenses, its doest matter or mean anything, you put him against teams with a half decent defense and its a vanishing act, the geelong defence just milked this little boy of every thing that came his way. You can come back and say Marshall is a good player when he's regularly getting 15-20 disposals, and taking 10 marks a game. This is a pretty low bar but still a long way off for him.
10 marks a game would have him #1 in the league…

He’s playing his role well. It’s ok to change your mind, you don’t have to double down on a shit take…

He’s playing his role well. It’s ok to change your mind, you don’t have to double down on a shit take…

his history has proven me right so far, it wont be any different unless he decides to pull his finger out, he has potential but that is fast running out

his history has proven me right so far, it wont be any different unless he decides to pull his finger out, he has potential but that is fast running out
Wait what? Even IF you think he's not playing well, you think he's not trying hard enough on top of it? :drunk:

If Hayes is dropped, no doubt ken will find a way to keep him out for the remainder of the year...... *maybe.

I can definitely imagine Hayes being dropped for a "rest" and then saying Sammy will have to work his way back through the SANFL... Rucking Marshall, SPP and Dixon for several weeks in a row. It would be such a Kenny thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back