Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

item # 1.......... no wags to go to perth, this trip is business only

assuming currie comes back and plays well this week, correct me if i am wrong, but at the moment freos ruck division consists of zac clarke, backed up by the inexperienced hannath and that underestimated relief ruckman, zac dawson, surely we can take advantage of this and maybe play goldy and currie to give them no respite, currie can play forward to stretch their defence in the air, with a flooded forward line on the cards most of the time, contested marks in F50 will be gold,they have quite a few tall defenders, mc pharlin, dawson, johnson, ? silvagni, they will put a lot of work into petrie and black, and triple tall strategy may work this time

item # 1.......... no wags to go to perth, this trip is business only

assuming currie comes back and plays well this week, correct me if i am wrong, but at the moment freos ruck division consists of zac clarke, backed up by the inexperienced hannath and that underestimated relief ruckman, zac dawson, surely we can take advantage of this and maybe play goldy and currie to give them no respite, currie can play forward to stretch their defence in the air, with a flooded forward line on the cards most of the time, contested marks in F50 will be gold,they have quite a few tall defenders, mc pharlin, dawson, johnson, ? silvagni, they will put a lot of work into petrie and black, and triple tall strategy may work this time

I don't mind this. However, you are suggesting a horses-for-courses policy, or actually picking a team to curb the oppositions strength.......won't ****ing happen. :(
Hey we've got a game plan, revolves around a run and gun type strategy. I don't think Freo will know what to do.
:rubshandstogetherindeludedmaniacalway:

Too early for garner!

In: Levi, Jacobs, daw
Out: Sirra, Adams, Macmillan

Agree about Garner, if a youngster comes in it has to be Wood.

Like your changes, all three deserve to go - how does Wright escape though Brett33?

FB: Kennedy - Thompson - Grima
HB: Wells - Hansen - Mullet
C: Atley - Swallow - McKenzie
HF: Wood - Daw - Black
FF: Thomas - Petrie - Harvey
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Bastinac
I/C: Greenwood - Adams - Hine - Garner

Em: Wilkens - Gysberts - Jacobs

Out: Firitto, McMahon, MacMillan, Wright, Gibson, Sierakowski
In: Daw, Greenwood, McKenzie, Kennedy, Wood, Garner

Just play our most talented players, I'm done with this PC shit of picking the best blokes.

Wright needs a shake up, he is better than this, the rest I'm basically done with. MacMillan, who I have strongly suppoorted in the past needs to learn how to tackle. Some of his efforts are disgraceful and I'm sick of him wiping his ass with the jumper on a weekly basis.

Gysberts, Greenwood, Wood and Harper all playing for a ticket to Perth today you'd think.

Wood is putting serious pressure on Adam and Wright for me, also wouldn't mind seeing Gysberts in for Sierakowski.

FB: Kennedy - Thompson - Grima
HB: Wells - Hansen - Mullet
C: Atley - Swallow - McKenzie
HF: Wood - Daw - Black
FF: Thomas - Petrie - Harvey
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Bastinac
I/C: Greenwood - Adams - Hine - Garner

Em: Wilkens - Gysberts - Jacobs

Out: Firitto, McMahon, MacMillan, Wright, Gibson, Sierakowski
In: Daw, Greenwood, McKenzie, Kennedy, Wood, Garner

Just play our most talented players, I'm done with this PC shit of picking the best blokes.

Wright needs a shake up, he is better than this, the rest I'm basically done with. MacMillan, who I have strongly suppoorted in the past needs to learn how to tackle. Some of his efforts are disgraceful and I'm sick of him wiping his arse with the jumper on a weekly basis.

Gibson is way too harsh mate.

He has done some really good things this year, and arguably genius Scott making him sub against WCE cost us the game.

wright has to go also (harps or bmac in), agree with the 3 changes above and garner has to wait another week at least but i reckon we will see him debut soon.

Doesn't wood get that spot first? I know they are different players, but I suspect Wood has earned it more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't wood get that spot first? I know they are different players, but I suspect Wood has earned it more?
i think wood will get a chance soon also but this week should be imo
sierakowski, macmillan, wright, adams out
greenwood, jacobs, daw, harper/bmac in

B: Mullett Thompson Hansen
HB: Atley Grima Firrito
C: Wells Cunnington Bastinac
HF: Harvey Black Hine
F: Thomas Petrie Daw
R: Goldstein Swallow Greenwood
I: Gibson McMahon McKenzie/Harper
S: Jacobs

i think wood will get a chance soon also but this week should be imo
sierakowski, macmillan, wright, adams out
greenwood, jacobs, daw, harper/bmac in

B: Mullett Thompson Hansen
HB: Atley Grima Firrito
C: Wells Cunnington Bastinac
HF: Harvey Black Hine
F: Thomas Petrie Daw
R: Goldstein Swallow Greenwood
I: Gibson McMahon McKenzie/Harper
S: Jacobs

Nah, don't disagree at all with your selections - spot on. Just interested to know why Garner over Wood. I don't watch VFL so have little idea, just "apparently" the latter has done better so far that's all :thumbsu:

Nah, don't disagree at all with your selections - spot on. Just interested to know why Garner over Wood. I don't watch VFL so have little idea, just "apparently" the latter has done better so far that's all :thumbsu:

they're around the same level atm, either could be a chance in the coming weeks.
I just hope the 4 changes i mentioned in my previous post happens this week, daw and levi i reckon are certainties to be in.

Not only is 28 players too few to have played for a side that isn't performing well, three of those are Jacobs, Tarrant and Harper, none of whom played after Round 3. So since then, we've had 25 players - the 22 out there for the Suns match as well as Ziebell, Daw and Anthony (LA only played Rounds 1, 2, 4 and 5). That is ridiculous, especially when there are good players in the VFL who're yet to play this year.
Shite, that is even more damning. Well Scott did say the players would pick themselves.......

they're around the same level atm, either could be a chance in the coming weeks.
I just hope the 4 changes i mentioned in my previous post happens this week, daw and levi i reckon are certainties to be in.

Fair enough, happy to go on your lead on VFL form.

Levi highly unlikely though - not that he is underserving, more I think Scott has written him off and will keep his favourites in the team.

What's happened to Harper this year? We are missing his run this year that he provided for us last year that broke the lines in the second half of the year.

Holding off on contract negotiations got to him. Affected his form and it continued to suffer as the pressure increased. He'll be back.

Don't want to sacrifice the kids in this game and have their confidence ruined. If we wait til the GWS game to play the likes of McKenzie, Daw, Kennedy and Jacobs then they have five reasonably easy weeks ahead of them to show whether they are up to it. This game should be used as a last chance to stay in the team for 2013 for a few of Brad's preferred 22, namely Firrito, Wright and MacMillan. Times already up for Leigh Adams this year. Willing to give Wright one more go in the forward pocket, the position I prefer him in. Also, while acknowledging some terrible moments from MacMillan this year, I think his run could be beneficial in this game so also willing to give him one more go. While Jacobs probably warrants a recall, I think there are questions marks on his endurance and as such I'm not sure this is the right week for him to come back in.

IN: Anthony, Greenwood and Gysberts
OUT: Sierakowski, Adams, Hine

B: Thompson, Grima, MacMahon
HB: Firrito, Hansen, Mullett
C: Atley, Harvey, Wells
HF: Anthony, Black, Bastinac
F: Wright, Petrie, Thomas
Foll: Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington

I/C: Greenwood, Gibson, MacMillan, Gysberts (sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back