Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a time honored FACT.

We should pick the side on blokes that are performing every ******* week of the year.
Tactically speaking for this game we cannot afford to carry guys whose role it is to predominantly get loose ball. Freo will just smash us around the maul they create and drive the ball forward, especially if conditions are greasy.

Every players focus needs to be on the contest and only spreading when we have the ball in the hands of a player with enough time to make a good decision. Execution under pressure and decision making are paramount this week.

Tactically speaking for this game we cannot afford to carry guys whose role it is to predominantly get loose ball. Freo will just smash us around the maul they create and drive the ball forward, especially if conditions are greasy.

Every players focus needs to be on the contest and only spreading when we have the ball in the hands of a player with enough time to make a good decision. Execution under pressure and decision making are paramount this week.

Fremantle can be beaten. We need line breakers, gut runners and surgical kicks.

I hope he considers bringing in Ayden and moving Ats in to the middle rather than continuing to make us all suffer with his bullshit game plan set for arrival in 2017.

Levi in to assist with Mundy and Barlow and Anthony to give us more outside run.

I wonder how likely a Kennedy debut would be? Probably zero chance.

Freo's forwards are not exceptional and Kennedy is capable of playing smaller. His kicking and pace would be good additions but the pressure applied by Freo might be a bit much for him in his first game. Only one way to find out.

I wonder how likely a Kennedy debut would be? Probably zero chance.

Freo's forwards are not exceptional and Kennedy is capable of playing smaller. His kicking and pace would be good additions but the pressure applied by Freo might be a bit much for him in his first game. Only one way to find out.

What's the worst thing that could happen? We could lose? Since when has that stopped Brad from giving players a game?

What's the worst thing that could happen? We could lose? Since when has that stopped Brad from giving players a game?

Exactly.

I can't believe there's a kid of his talent sitting in the VFL, honestly, 6 years ago, he may have been considered one of the most talented kids on our list.

No disrespect to Siera, but we've seen the likes of him, Sansbury, Djars, Picoane, Green, Hay etc etc roll through this football club in the last decade.

It's frankly insulting that most of supporter base (if the knew he was) would probably want to at least see how this kid went at AFL level before the end of this season.

As it stands, I think there's probably a 60% chance he won't be at the club next year, and I'm still of the view he will make an outstanding AFL player.

As it stands, I think there's probably a 60% chance he won't be at the club next year, and I'm still of the view he will make an outstanding AFL player.

I'll state it for a third time.

He has given me every indication that he would hit the ground running as an AFL player. I would be willing to wager any semblance that others may ascribe to me as being a reasonable footy judge, on backing Ayden Kennedy. I can't be any more emphatic.

Forget about trials, he could come in for Firrito, McMahon, Mullet or Atley (currently) and the defence would not even splutter.

I'd love if the much vaunted media department could get a video asking Brad this exact question.

Ayden Kennedy has played 28 VFL games, and been named in the bests on 12 occassions, he was named 3rd best on ground in a Foxtel Cup game as well this year, how has he not even been named an emergency? how is he not "on the cusp" as the website loves to write?

Sierakowski named in the bests 9 times from 22 games
Majak named in the bests 11 times from 30 odd games.
Gysberts named in the bests 3 times..
Taylor Hine in the bests 2 times
Kieran Harper has never been in the bests in 12 games at VFL level..........

Whats the difference? They have all been named emergency MULTIPLE times, and all tasted AFL football (gysberts excluded). FFS Siera has been named emg about 10 times.

**** me, Scott must hate him for what ever reason, because for him to not even be considered in the best 3 players outside of the senior side at any time, despite his form and when you group it with his skillset, athleticism, it's ****ing baffling.

Too true Pykie.

I know all players have stuff to 'work on', and Mullett is an excellent example of a bloke they held back until he was ready, but I can't for the life of me figure out either why the **** Kennedy doesn't get considered. It must be pretty tough on him to not get any public recognition at all for his good performances in the twos.

Too true Pykie.

I know all players have stuff to 'work on', and Mullett is an excellent example of a bloke they held back until he was ready, but I can't for the life of me figure out either why the **** Kennedy doesn't get considered. It must be pretty tough on him to not get any public recognition at all for his good performances in the twos.

Of course he has stuff to work on. But is he going to get better in the VFL?

I watched him when he first got to the club, get absolute ass reamed by Bastinac in some endurance tests.

He was lapped twice.

I'd love to see how McMahon and Firrito would of gone in the same test though.........

He's an absolute prototypical defender, 6"4, quick, excellent skills, good in defence and in attack. I'd honestly rate him as good as someone like Jackson Thurlow, he was that good as a junior.

He's consistently excellent at VFL level, and has the body of an AFL defender now.

Considering the age of our defence, how he hasn't been blooded for a game or two at the very least is so wrong it's not funny.

If he leaves for greener pastures (Who could ****ing blame him?), I'll be writing my first ever letter of complaint to the footy club.

Better yet, I'll go to the AGM and ask the question to the club in person.

Ayden has all of the tools to nullify this bloke

art-353-svDOCKERS-300x0.jpg

What's more he has the kicking skills to get through the Freo press.​

If he leaves for greener pastures (Who could ******* blame him?), I'll be writing my first ever letter of complaint to the footy club.

Why wait?

Give it to round 15 and write it then.

Or f*** it write it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he has stuff to work on. But is he going to get better in the VFL?

I watched him when he first got to the club, get absolute violated by Bastinac in some endurance tests.

He was lapped twice.
Saw the same. Obviously not as much of an issue anymore.

Deserves a crack at the very least.

Agree with the above sentiments.

Theres little doubt in my mind that Kennedy's skill set will transition well to AFL.Especially against sides like Freo that flood back so heavily and wait for you to make a mistake by foot.

You know it makes sense Brad.

The fact that so many blokes spots are considered "safe" whilst we are 4 and 7, sitting 13th after making finals last year makes me f****** sick. I feel physically ill at the thought of Scotts refusal to drop the knife.

Take one look at the best coaches in the league, they do not hesitate to drop players that are not performing. It ensures players are desperate to hold their spots. Do you think as many players would be "safe" under Malthouse or Longmire? I think not.

The fact that so many blokes spots are considered "safe" whilst we are 4 and 7, sitting 13th after making finals last year makes me f****** sick. I feel physically ill at the thought of Scotts refusal to drop the knife.

Take one look at the best coaches in the league, they do not hesitate to drop players that are not performing. It ensures players are desperate to hold their spots. Do you think as many players would be "safe" under Malthouse or Longmire? I think not.

Supporters of EVERY club whinge about this kind thing when they are not top 4.

When i first came to big footy our best ever coach was crucified weekly for his selection decisions and playing favourites.

Supporters of EVERY club whinge about this kind thing when they are not top 4.

When i first came to big footy our best ever coach was crucified weekly for his selection decisions and playing favourites.

If you deny that there is a current problem with the selection and match committee then you are delusional.

If you deny that there is a current problem with the selection and match committee then you are delusional.

There is a problem with the consistency of our players work rate. There is also a problem with our ability to handle pressure.

Dropping some blokes to set an example may work in the short term, but doubt it is sustainable. The players need to understand what it takes to win a flag and then put out the same effort every quarter, every week. Until that clicks, we will be middle of the road.

This is the major concern with Scott. The list turnover has been great, as has the development of talent, he has given lots of players opportunity and backed them publically and generally i think he has found the right mix.

But if can't teach them to go to another level when things get hard then he wont coach us to our next flag.

I hope he considers bringing in Ayden and moving Ats in to the middle rather than continuing to make us all suffer with his bullshit game plan set for arrival in 2017.

Levi in to assist with Mundy and Barlow and Anthony to give us more outside run.

can you see the hypocrisy here?

can you see the hypocrisy here?

Can you see the selective myopia here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back