Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to sacrifice the kids in this game and have their confidence ruined. If we wait til the GWS game to play the likes of McKenzie, Daw, Kennedy and Jacobs then they have five reasonably easy weeks ahead of them to show whether they are up to it. This game should be used as a last chance to stay in the team for 2013 for a few of Brad's preferred 22, namely Firrito, Wright and MacMillan. Times already up for Leigh Adams this year. Willing to give Wright one more go in the forward pocket, the position I prefer him in. Also, while acknowledging some terrible moments from MacMillan this year, I think his run could be beneficial in this game so also willing to give him one more go. While Jacobs probably warrants a recall, I think there are questions marks on his endurance and as such I'm not sure this is the right week for him to come back in.

IN: Anthony, Greenwood and Gysberts
OUT: Sierakowski, Adams, Hine

B: Thompson, Grima, MacMahon
HB: Firrito, Hansen, Mullett
C: Atley, Harvey, Wells
HF: Anthony, Black, Bastinac
F: Wright, Petrie, Thomas
Foll: Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington

I/C: Greenwood, Gibson, MacMillan, Gysberts (sub)

Hine's efforts on the dangerous Aaron Hall were pretty impressive in the wet. He stays and can play on Ballantyne or Walters (walters will be due back).

The only problem with that is that Frankenfurter's still playing well, unlike Choke in his year of uncertainty when he played like a busted arse.

Franklin has been woeful this year TT - his stats are OK but he has been every bit as bad (i'd say worse) that Cloke in 2012.

Even getting the Bronx cheers from fans a couple of games!!

Franklin has been woeful this year TT - his stats are OK but he has been every bit as bad (i'd say worse) that Cloke in 2012.

Even getting the Bronx cheers from fans a couple of games!!

His bad versus Cloke's bad that year are miles apart. He may well have been sub par buthe's been far from the laughing stock Cloke was at the time of his nadir.

Whould be taking this game pretty seriously, best 22.

If we drop it, I'll be extremely dissapointed if Scott doesn't start looking at the kids for the rest of the year.

I shit you not, there could be a truck of manure at the club if Scott doesn't play Kennedy and we miss the finals by the end of the year, and he ups and leaves for another club.

McKenzie needs AFL experience as does Daw, Garner and I'd like to see Cam Delaney at some stage as well.

If we drop it, I'll be extremely dissapointed if Scott doesn't start looking at the kids for the rest of the year.

I shit you not, there could be a truck of manure at the club if Scott doesn't play Kennedy and we miss the finals by the end of the year, and he ups and leaves for another club.

McKenzie needs AFL experience as does Daw, Garner and I'd like to see Cam Delaney at some stage as well.

Agree with all of this, but I honestly just cannot see it happening.

After VFL game this weekend, i think we will only have two changes.

In: Anthony - Greenwood
Out: Sierakoski - 1 of Adams/Wright/McMillan

Although tbh i just cant see Scott dropping Adams which would be a shame because Adams needs time in the magoos to get his confidence back.

Agree. Target a couple of games (scum) but experiment with the list for the rest of the season.

Put Spitta on ice and start rotating Levi, Jizza and BJ through the side. Bring in Kennedy, McKenzie and Wood for games. Currie should also be brought in for a run of matches. I would also like to see Richardson get a crack.

What odds are another club of nominating Luke ahead of us should we finish 14th or 15th?

Agree. Target a couple of games (scum) but experiment with the list for the rest of the season.

Put Spitta on ice and start rotating Levi, Jizza and BJ through the side. Bring in Kennedy, McKenzie and Wood for games. Currie should also be brought in for a run of matches. I would also like to see Richardson get a crack.

What odds are another club of nominating Luke ahead of us should we finish 14th or 15th?

I'd say, if we finished 15th we'd get him with a second rounder.

I honestly can't see that happening though we've still got Brisbane, Melbourne, GWS to come.

I think we'll finish 13th depending on how we go against Carlton, Richmond and Essendon.

I'd say, if we finished 15th we'd get him with a second rounder.

I honestly can't see that happening though we've still got Brisbane, Melbourne, GWS to come.

I think we'll finish 13th depending on how we go against Carlton, Richmond and Essendon.

It's tempting. I also think we could feasibly finish 13th. Hmmmmm.

The Bulldogs have Melbourne x 2, GWS and Brisbane.

Brisbane have GC, Us, Melbourne, Port, GWS and Bulldogs.

After VFL game this weekend, i think we will only have two changes.

In: Anthony - Greenwood
Out: Sierakoski - 1 of Adams/Wright/McMillan

Although tbh i just cant see Scott dropping Adams which would be a shame because Adams needs time in the magoos to get his confidence back.
think Daw will come in also, if it wasn't raining in GC he would have been in last week, so I expect 3 changes but I want 4 changes

I'd prefer you dump said manure on Brad Scotts' head if the suggested scenario arises. :stern look

It's tempting. I also think we could feasibly finish 13th. Hmmmmm.

The Bulldogs have Melbourne x 2, GWS and Brisbane.

Brisbane have GC, Us, Melbourne, Port, GWS and Bulldogs.

The only teams that would bid would be Melbourne and Brisbane in my opinon. GWS will keep pick 1 and look to trade. Bulldogs and Saints will do anything to get Boyd. Melbourne and Brisbane will be the only two to spoil it for us. If positions remain the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only teams that would bid would be Melbourne and Brisbane in my opinon. GWS will keep pick 1 and look to trade. Bulldogs and Saints will do anything to get Boyd. Melbourne and Brisbane will be the only two to spoil it for us. If positions remain the same.

Aish: GWS

I reckon the Bulldogs and Saints will divvy up Boyd and Scharenburg.

This leaves Kelly, Dunstan and Sheed to get some interest. Brisbane would be very interested in Kelly.

think Daw will come in also, if it wasn't raining in GC he would have been in last week, so I expect 3 changes but I want 4 changes

Not 100% about that. Didn't handle Subi well last time so he might miss this one too?

Also, for those calling for Anthony, i'd rather give one of the younger guys with more upside a go in the first instance.

Also, for those calling for Anthony, i'd rather give one of the younger guys with more upside a go in the first instance.

By all accounts he was BOG in an impressive away win against Port. Meanwhile Greenwood was apparently very good too (although against much weaker opposition in Bendigo).

Assuming that they're doing anything else that's being asked of them, I think they both deserve a call-up.

By all accounts he was BOG in an impressive away win against Port. Meanwhile Greenwood was apparently very good too (although against much weaker opposition in Bendigo).

Assuming that they're doing anything else that's being asked of them, I think they both deserve a call-up.

Maybe. I just don't see the point in playing players who have shown over numerous chances at AFL level that they don't quite make the grade. They should be going well in the VFL at their age, it's a huge step back in class.

I'd rather take a bigger risk and play some guys who haven't had the chance to show what they can do. Will be interesting to see which way Scott takes.

This is a game where you pick the blokes who will have a red hot crack. At the footy that is.

Interesting that Freo are noted for their role players who do the unfashionable things well and without question. Our role players don't get much of the footy and don't do much of the unfashionable stuff either.

This is a game where you pick the blokes who will have a red hot crack. At the footy that is.

Interesting that Freo are noted for their role players who do the unfashionable things well and without question. Our role players don't get much of the footy and don't do much of the unfashionable stuff either.

This is a time honored FACT.

We should pick the side on blokes that are performing every ****ing week of the year.

i would like to see an out of left field ( for us ) debut for taylor garner, possibly as a sub, amongst other changes due to form, or more correctly lack of, it is time to break the ross lyin hoodoo

Nah, GWS maybe, but otherwise next year.

If they play him now it's a purely political face saving exercise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back