Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, the evidence is rather clear: we've found our best 22 and know exactly what it looks like. After all, we've now seen three moments where someone comes in, plays well, and got demoted the moment the player they replaced was available. If we hadn't, someone else gets shuffled to reward that form. At the moment, Worrell isn't it and he's not even the next man in as a general defender. Parnell is.

Also, in an era where rebound out of defense is king and seeing we're completely reliant on counter attacking play, we will never consider moving Hinge to a wing. The only move we will is inside mid.
I reckon we could re hinge , especially if Milera and smith hold form

But we weren’t dropping Sholl at this point

I mean, the evidence is rather clear: we've found our best 22 and know exactly what it looks like. After all, we've now seen three moments where someone comes in, plays well, and got demoted the moment the player they replaced was available. If we hadn't, someone else gets shuffled to reward that form. At the moment, Worrell isn't it and he's not even the next man in as a general defender. Parnell is.

Also, in an era where rebound out of defense is king and seeing we're completely reliant on counter attacking play, we will never consider moving Hinge to a wing. The only move we will is inside mid.
Not sure what Parnell gives us over Worrell.

I reckon we could re hinge , especially if Milera and smith hold form

But we weren’t dropping Sholl at this point

It's not that it's a case of Milera and Smith hold form, it's that to be genuinely successful at counter attacking football, you need your most damaging ball users on the inside, or in your defensive unit.

Wing is more of an after thought with that style of football. You want good ball movers, but you're going to prioritise disciplined endurance freaks.

Great to jump on and have a look at this board. We do love a whinge!
Good player doesn’t get into side because we have some depth in the position, no injuries and said player seems a little underdone still.

And away we go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I was fuming last year on multiple occasions with selections but not too many times this year … and positional things like Dawson back and Hately wing etc

Getting most things right this year though

This is just one of those things , his career hasn’t been cancelled he’s just not playing this week and I think he will play plenty of footy this year in back half

It's not that it's a case of Milera and Smith hold form, it's that to be genuinely successful at counter attacking football, you need your most damaging ball users on the inside, or in your defensive unit.

Wing is more of an after thought with that style of football. You want good ball movers, but you're going to prioritise disciplined endurance freaks.
I still like him on the wing

But only if smith and Milera are giving us enough drive

Why would you give smith another week if he’s fit though ? His form is good since round 2 ( disregarding dogs game )

It’s not a development league , we need to try win
Because Worrell is more versatile than smith.
If you want to get smith in, someone else can go out, Parnell, Doedee, Murphy could have all gone out.
What sort of a message does it send to the group if you plug away in the sanfl get your shot, do very well and get dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Worrell is more versatile than smith.
If you want to get smith in, someone else can go out, Parnell, Doedee, Murphy could have all gone out.
What sort of a message does it send to the group if you plug away in the sanfl get your shot, do very well and get dropped?
That’s footy , it happens all the time

Teams don’t pick their best 22 players , you need different types of players

He will be playing again in no time

Yet there were numerous posters claiming he'd definitely be in and Nicks clearly had him in his best 22.
Yep, and now they're bending their words and adding caveats.

Six games in four seasons is all you need to know.

Should win if we actually turn up.
I think we will turn up big time!!!

ladder position and our fixture through to the end will provide our mob with an incentive (excitement) we've not had for years. Most of our team have never experienced the "carrot" of a finals series.

I'm biased but I feel momentum building...

Is there a way into the team for Worrell outside of injuries?

There has to be, they played perfectly well last week with him and it's not like he's a lumbering defender.

He's a mobile 195cm defender who marks well and distributes well by foot.

Why wouldn't you have him in the side?

Sholl would be the one I'd leave out. His role could easily be covered by Hinge, Milera or Smith who would move onto the wing.

Doedee, Butts, Murray
Max, Worrell, Smith/Hinge/Milera

That's our best and most versatile back line.

Not sure what Parnell gives us over Worrell.

Eh, they're both pretty interchangable at this point. Neither are much chop as shutdown defenders but offer a fair bit of offensive drive.

Not sure about that. In interviews a few of the coaches were touting MM as possible R1 inclusion

Yup. Worrell got injured in Jaunary and redid it in late Feb.

MM didn't start building steam until Worrell got hit.

I still like him on the wing

But only if smith and Milera are giving us enough drive

I'd give it a good chance to happen if we get Redman, but it really need a move like that to switch it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back