Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a way into the team for Worrell outside of injuries?

Unfortunatly no. He does well but as I said before I think Max claimed his spot. There is no doubt that at the end of last season Worrell would have been expected best 22 at the start of this season. Injuries prevented that which allowed Max to come in, Milera has returned to some elite defensive form and Hinge yet again has taken his game to another level. I'm also not sure the Crows knew where Butts stood either and the balance with Doedee. However the current defence can be argued its in one of the best current defences going around. I know many pro Josh claim Max plays differently and Milera should be moved out of defence but who would you drop? Murphy is probably one of the first choices but I would bring in another player for Murphy. Josh is just going to bide his time.

Before the melts.
Worrell surely needs more time, not even named in the emergencies. Suffered with full body cramps in his first AFL game back, just needs time to build his body up again.
Good point .....another hot game in Darwin humidity ....makes sense to rest him this week

Playing SANFL is not being rested.

He was dropped.
Playing SANFL is being rested ......it's a plausible reason, why dismiss it ......Worrell wasn't dropped on form, blind freddy can see that

I think we will turn up big time!!!

ladder position and our fixture through to the end will provide our mob with an incentive (excitement) we've not had for years. Most of our team have never experienced the "carrot" of a finals series.

I'm biased but I feel momentum building...
The same should have been true in Ballarat.

Playing SANFL is being rested ......it's a plausible reason, why dismiss it ......Worrell wasn't dropped on form, blind freddy can see that
I agree he wasn't dropped on form.

He was dropped because he's lower in the pecking order.

You really expected us all to roll over and love him getting dropped after his game on the weekend?
Unbelievable.

He was clearly “not fit” when he came off. Not the end of the world but he missed 9 weeks or thereabouts - and we are going to play in high humidity and have in form players in the same position ready to come back in - and Smith and Hinge have been very good.

It’s just common sense. And one thing to go oh he is unlikely and another to sulk about it like “how could this happen”. It was every chance to happen but after the bye I would expect - assuming no injuries - they will have worked him into a spot anyway

Patience is the key with young players - particularly injury prone ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was clearly “not fit” when he came off. Not the end of the world but he missed 9 weeks or thereabouts - and we are going to play in high humidity and have in form players in the same position ready to come back in - and Smith and Hinge have been very good.

It’s just common sense. And one thing to go oh he is unlikely and another to sulk about it like “how could this happen”. It was every chance to happen but after the bye I would expect - assuming no injuries - they will have worked him into a spot anyway

Patience is the key with young players - particularly injury prone ones

Hes been dropped.

If Worrell isn't playing because of cramp, then surely he would've been listed as being managed? It seems like he was dropped.

They also called it a tactical sub last week - which it probably partly was given Gunston went off. I don’t believe what hardly any football club says as to why a player plays or doesn’t. And they don’t need to explain every minor detail to fans

I agree he wasn't dropped on form.

He was dropped because he's lower in the pecking order.
That may be true .....the cramps were the swaying point .....sometimes in 50/50 calls, Coaches need something to justify their decision

I'm OK with it .....Worrell has a long career ....1 game missed isn't a catastrophe.

Wonder if Cook might be the sub? Be good to have a look at him again.
Every chance Cook or Berry is the SUB .....McHenry won't, he can't one-grab a dry ball, never mind a slippery ball in Darwin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it

TBF he'll play SANFL at home this week. Hard to say he was managed if that's the case

ATM though I've got a foot in each camp

Actually, I just don't know :p
It'll be easy .....just watch how Worrell plays in the SANFL ....if he rips it up, then it was a furphy call

But if Worrell is sluggish ....then the correct call was made

If Worrell isn't playing because of cramp, then surely he would've been listed as being managed? It seems like he was dropped.
If you claim Worrell was "managed" , then he doesn't play SANFL ......you can be determined too sore to play a high pressure game of AFL .....but still fit enough to play SANFL

Believe it or not

I think they have more trust in the body of Hinge and Smith in very humid conditions. I think Worrell is best 22 when fully fit and apparently was the best trainer over preseason from all reports. I think this shows that Nicks really wants this one for finals and isn't taking any risk of any cramps. Worrell and Doedee are vying for the same spot and the fact that Worrell has signed and Doedee hasn't might tell us something.

That may be true .....the cramps were the swaying point .....sometimes in 50/50 calls, Coaches need something to justify their decision

I'm OK with it .....Worrell has a long career ....1 game missed isn't a catastrophe.
It's not just 1 game though.... is it?

Yeah I was fuming last year on multiple occasions with selections but not too many times this year … and positional things like Dawson back and Hately wing etc

Getting most things right this year though

This is just one of those things , his career hasn’t been cancelled he’s just not playing this week and I think he will play plenty of footy this year in back half
That’s the thing, how? Assuming we have no injuries, which defender is he replacing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back