Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Pav didn't connect with his head, it was all shoulder. He stayed down, holding his shoulder. He tried to run it off, holding his shoulder. He went down the rooms and came back with strapping, on his shoulder.

If he gets suspended for that then Beau Waters will be banned for life.

Agree with all of this. I still think the MRP will deem it uneccessary off the ball contact and he gets a week. And I agree that if this happens a whole bunch of other players will be in the gun too...

BPG. There is nothing ILLEGAL about it. There is no law that says unnecessary contact off the ball is illegal. The thing that people go for most is contact to the head. There was no head contact, the ball was within 5m. End of story. People are getting so paranoid about the MRP, like it is out to get us, when the truth is that 99.9% of incidents from a Freo perspective are judged 100% correct. Hell, Ballaz probably got off lightly last week when you consider Scarlett got more for a blow that was lighter.

Jack was OK in patches. Tried hard (unlike some) but just isn't really up to that level I don't think.

Ibbotson is the softest player in the AFL bar none. Replace him with anyone willing to have a dip.

Silvagni MUST come in, either for Dawson, Mayne, Jack or Kepler.

How you can call for mayne being dropped after booting 4 gls today?

I'm sure once pav plays forward along with ballas(mundy,mora and Barlow all playing) mayne will only get better IMO.

Not watched the game yet but sure ball winners with testicles are the go?

Mundy, lower and Neale.
Duffield, Mellington, ibbotson, Bradley and McPhee in the chop up?

Dawson for Silvagni? Can't see it just yet

Ibbo is safe. That's just BF talk Lachy. Broughton could be in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Broughton goes back if Suban gets the cherry sarse.
Maybe ibbotson is saved by Duffield getting injured?

it's more likely that Broughton and Suban are safe due to the Duffman injury. Otherwise they would both be under pressure. Ibbo was our best small defender by a mile today.

Apparently Morabito got reported for tripping in the game against East Freo

Apparently Morabito got reported for tripping in the game against East Freo

I saw the incident, Morabito did appear to extend his leg but the commentators deemed it an accident. I would be suprised if he got in trouble for it.

Look it's round 2. None of the changes will happen besides forced ones if required to Mellington and Duff. In comes Mundy and Silvagni maybe. Pav won't get suspended and none of the others will get dropped

Also Ross will not drop Dawson for Silvagni.
Ross has barely seen Silvagni play in defense with his own eyes.
He also didnt spend much time there in preseason.

Dawson understands the structures an Ross has seen him play alot with his own eyes.

Would love to see it happen though.
Silvagni becomes our 2nd key defender.
Dawson fighting over 3rd tall defender spot with Mcphee

If Silvagni doesn't come into the side, I'm going to cry. Does Lyon seriously not realize he is 100 times better than Dawson? And even as a forward he would be better than JA and Kepler.

Shouldn't forced changes be like for like. Duff out for roberton. Mellington out for whoever passes for a fwd pocket. Maybe neale if fit. Mundy in for McPhee. McPhee has had too many brain fades and is not needed against the lions. Barlow to play all day. Mundy to sub in. Offers fresh legs. I would sub out a tall(injury permitting) to get more 2nd half run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back