Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the point? You can't play shit for months on end and keep expecting to get a game?
The whole team is shit mate. He was far from the worst against Port. He is our best KPF and he's playing VFL. Bucks isn't claiming injuries as an excuse. Good on him. He's putting up a front to the media. "Oh yeah it's our application" or whatever. Bullshit. It's our injuries. Whether or not those injuries are Buck's fault is another story. He's not claiming them but it's there. But it's it's complete bullshit to cry injuries when you have one of your best players in the VFL. Two if you count Brown. He's just thrown a highly valuable and irreplaceable player out the window to try to absolve his own blame.

To be fair frost is a barely 50 game back man. People forget that. Like key forwards it takes a bit to get into it.

You need more than 50 games to be able to:

- run?
- not fall over 10 times a game?
- take a basic chest mark?
- spoil a mark?

Hm.....gonna have to disagree.

He is like me I guess. I never watched Game of Thrones
l have dave watched it. just being a little different with the reply. l actually own all the episodes you can buy

Yes. I repeat how does this make us better? I think that should enforce my message a little further...
not really, on last weeks effort l just don't think it makes us any worse

not really, on last weeks effort l just don't think it makes us any worse

Are you able to elaborate?

Despite his indifferent form at AFL level in 2016 I know that Cloke will cover more ground, get to more contests and give us more as a forward than either Witts and Grundy. We then have the flow on effect of Grundy's minutes through the middle diminishing so he'll get less of the ball as will Witts because his solid form at VFL level has been on the back of spending 90% of game time through the middle.

The flow on effect of the change is we lose maybe 25% in our forward structure and 40% through the ruck. I get that we have to play Witts at some point, but in the week following Grundy's best showing as a ruckman is just strange and not to the betterment of the team overall.

Despite his indifferent form at AFL level in 2016 I know that Cloke will cover more ground, get to more contests and give us more as a forward than either Witts and Grundy. We then have the flow on effect of Grundy's minutes through the middle diminishing so he'll get less of the ball as will Witts because his solid form at VFL level has been on the back of spending 90% of game time through the middle.

The flow on effect of the change is we lose maybe 25% in our forward structure and 40% through the ruck. I get that we have to play Witts at some point, but in the week following Grundy's best showing as a ruckman is just strange and not to the betterment of the team overall.
I want to see Witts back in the team to see what he can offer. aTracey last week didn't get to enough contests or even compete in the air. He wasn't our worst, but not that good (along with 20 mates) either. In saying that, he seemed to chow the aggression required at VFL level, and he could be recalled the following week after the bye.

in much as l have before this season would have cloke a walk up starter, this year to be frank his form has not been indifferent its been almost non existent
and l am very much a travis fan. yesterdays effort should have been the norm, not because he got dropped twice. if it was not travis would we be so kind in his defense.
to play witts properly at this stage he is not a forward, but a good tap ruckman, so minimise that by being a kick behind the
play and grundy forward, then when swaped around witts two the bench when grundy rucks. grundy has slowly improved as the season gone on but still not the best work he has done. at what point do you play witts , when the seasons totally done or what when. we need to see what the giraffe can do and soon,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, the previous, selections or options have hardly been effective, trying 3 big men ( not 3 ruckmen ) is at least being creative. Cox will stay forward and Witts / Grundy rotate. Like most not my preference but hey what the!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue with selection this week is it means Cox becomes our main power forward.

His production in this role wont be enough.

His value is as the 2nd tall and backup ruck.

He kicks a goal or 2 amd has about 10 hitouts from 8 disposals. Its serviceable. ..not dominant.

With witts and grundy, cox realistically won't be needed to ruck. Grundy and witts will also need to play forward a lot and neither of them are highly productive as a forward.

I just hope in wrong, but my concern is that the 3 of them together will just limit us from some run.

Lets hope im dead wrong

It doesn't matter who we select, if our mids play like a bunch of school girls, we'll lose.

If they pull their finger out such as the Cats game, then we're a huge chance tomorrow.

Grundy and Witts in the same side doesn't work. Cox will obviously play permanent forward. An injured Moore, 3 years of shit from Cloke and there isn't a whole lot else to choose from. Let's just hope Witts can show something tomorrow.

The way people carry on sometimes before the ball has even been bounced is laughable.

I've been calling it all year, how he gets games week after week shows how bad this club is going
Unfortunately, while Buckley is coach, spuds and ball torchers like Blair, Sinclair and Toovey will continue to get games.
There are kids in the VFL like Marsh and Wills who are not getting games but Buckley's bum buddies are safe.

Unfortunately, while Buckley is coach, spuds and ball torchers like Blair, Sinclair and Toovey will continue to get games.
There are kids in the VFL like Marsh and Wills who are not getting games but Buckley's bum buddies are safe.

Wills is a first year player and will get his chance. Phillips debuts tomorrow as had Cox Broomhead and Crocker this year whilst De Goey and Maynard are getting games as was Moore until he was injured.

Marsh was injured early in the year and spend time in the VFL getting match fitness and now hes playing seniors. Hes also a ball torcher though so careful what you whinge about.

Last edited:
Toovey got dropped and Marsh got selected

For all the doom and gloom about 3 talls maybe we will be surprised, maybe even White will get amongst the goals.

Maybe after the bye Cloke, Aish Brown at least come back in and Moore, Faz Broomhead and Langdon are close.

Maybe we will win on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back