Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Alex Pearce's injury played a part in why Freo lost today.

If he is fit, bring him in. If Jackson is gonna be monstered in the ruck again, bring in Reidy.

Prefer to keep our best structure so where required like for like.

Reidy given a run, and keep Sturt in as he still provides a point of difference with the triple J and banners running up the ground and crumbing

Brodie and Erasmus deserve a run. Fyfe may need a break anyway.
How is Johnson and JOM still stay in when have had ordinary games throughout the season too.
Good call mate, but I thought I was pushing my luck with the wholesale changes I was making already considering how conservative with are with squad changes week to week.

Plus I couldn't think of anybody to replace them with, maybe Scoop and De Lean, but we've gotta give Melbourne some respect.

Good call mate, but I thought I was pushing my luck with the wholesale changes I was making already considering how conservative with are with squad changes week to week.

Plus I couldn't think of anybody to replace them with, maybe Scoop and De Lean, but we've gotta give Melbourne some respect.
Don’t think it’s wholesale changes, more necessary changes?

Pearce and Darcy are definite. Outside of that, it’s 2 changes after a loss.

Feel like the midfield needs change here and there. Always thought having both JOM And Fyfe in the team restricts the potential of the midfield group. At the moment JOM is producing the best he possibly can for Fremantle whilst Fyfe is a defensive type 20 disposals extractor.
The midfield isn’t losing too much if one goes out, as scared as the coaches are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think it’s wholesale changes, more necessary changes?

Pearce and Darcy are definite. Outside of that, it’s 2 changes after a loss.

Feel like the midfield needs change here and there. Always thought having both JOM And Fyfe in the team restricts the potential of the midfield group. At the moment JOM is producing the best he possibly can for Fremantle whilst Fyfe is a defensive type 20 disposals extractor.
The midfield isn’t losing too much if one goes out, as scared as the coaches are.
Yeah I just had the same conversation with a guy at work. How do you drop a 2 time Brownlow medalist who is as fit and ready to play as he can be? It's easy for us to say it as outsiders, but what if you do it and still lose?

Imagine fronting up to the press conference after that.

Yeah I just had the same conversation with a guy at work. How do you drop a 2 time Brownlow medalist who is as fit and ready to play as he can be? It's easy for us to say it as outsiders, but what if you do it and still lose?

Imagine fronting up to the press conference after that.
It’s not the same ‘fit and ready’ Brownlow medallist though.
It’s a guy that’s been wreaked with injuries for 5 years.

You know what he can produce now. Do coaches be okay with that, same with JOM? It’s as good as it gets, or do you gamble and see how much more Brodie and someone else can produce ?

It’s not the same ‘fit and ready’ Brownlow medallist though.
It’s a guy that’s been wreaked with injuries for 5 years.

You know what he can produce now. Do coaches be okay with that, same with JOM? It’s as good as it gets, or do you gamble and see how much more Brodie and someone else can produce ?
Definitely go with Brodie over Fyfe, who comes in for JOM? Simpson?

I would be bringing in Ras before Brodie personally. But before any change to the midfield I would do the following:

Aish to Sub.

IN:

Walker
Pearce
Darcy
Simpson

OUT:

Draper
Voss
Walters

Aish can in almost any area of the ground. Walters is the biggest liability in the team. The others are obvious.

Walker needs to come in for Wagner and move Wags to sub. Wags is great at rebounding but does zero damage with his disposal and is also quite clumsy with his defending. Would also bring some much needed run as a sub.

I would be bringing in Ras before Brodie personally. But before any change to the midfield I would do the following:

Aish to Sub.

IN:

Walker
Pearce
Darcy
Simpson

OUT:

Draper
Voss
Walters

Aish can in almost any area of the ground. Walters is the biggest liability in the team. The others are obvious.
Not sure we can drop Drapes man, he's been pretty strong the last couple of weeks.

I haven't checked his stats, but he seem to be passing the eye test for mine.

I want to cry. No way Freddy should stay in but with Walters cooked and Sturt looking injured he continues his free ride. I guess Emmett and Simpson could come in. Probably kick just as few goals but at least we'd have some I50 pressure and tackles.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Besides missing the gettable goals hard to judge the fwd line when mids are beaten.. rather back in the structure we've been having when Darcy is in

Not sure we can drop Drapes mam, he's been pretty strong the last couple of weeks.

I haven't checked his stats, but he seem to be passing the eye test for mine.

Pearce will be fit for the game. Draper has been doing some good things, but Pearce is an improvement on Draper.

Draper has been a find for us this year. A big preseason and he gives us some great head aches next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back